Roman Abramovich Thread

In such mess I highly doubt anyone knows what’s going to happen this summer. What in the world happened with this club, who is running this clown show and when will it stop?

Skysports confirms that he is as dedicated to Chelsea as ever so I think the talks of him selling are just fear mongering as things stand.... He loves Chelsea and I actually think this may be good news for us in the short term, more cash for players and hopefully paying that Sarri clause lol

13 hours ago, zekinjo said:

What in the world happened with this club, who is running this clown show and when will it stop?

Well according to some MSM he's been told by Putin to halt the new ground as payback for Russian sanctions by the US/UK. He's definitely close to Putin, has been for 25 years.

His decision to halt development plans at Chelsea fit a pattern and chime with Moscow’s bitterness over what it calls ‘insinuations’ from the British authorities around the Skripal case.and sanctions

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Well according to some MSM he's been told by Putin to halt the new ground as payback for Russian sanctions by the US/UK. He's definitely close to Putin, has been for 25 years.

His decision to halt development plans at Chelsea fit a pattern and chime with Moscow’s bitterness over what it calls ‘insinuations’ from the British authorities around the Skripal case.and sanctions

This could be true but in general construction sector was hit significantly in England ( https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/04/uk-construction-flirting-recession-brexit-uncertainty ) after Brexit. Considering also Oligarchs' futures uncertainty Roman does not need Putin to tell him to halt the stadium development.

17 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

This could be true but in general construction sector was hit significantly in England ( https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/04/uk-construction-flirting-recession-brexit-uncertainty ) after Brexit. Considering also Oligarchs' futures uncertainty Roman does not need Putin to tell him to halt the stadium development.

There have been persistent rumours that Abramovich 'recommended' Putin to Yeltsin, and they are very close but who knows what goes on in the Kremlin ?

As far as the development is concerned, it wouldn't be necessary if they'd built a bigger Shed !

The most amusing thing is when rival fans (and even a number of biased media/pundits who have no clue) spout the usual crap that if and when Roman walks away the club will go bust.

This isn't a situation like Leeds United where we've gambled on the short term with borrowings and bank loans. The club is technically debt free.  The parent club owes money to Abramovich but he isn't going to call those debts in if there is no possibility to repay them (or he would lose his entire investment). If Abramovich were to sell the club he would obviously take into account the money he has ploughed into the club which is about £1.1bn. However Chelsea would almost certainly be valued at north of £1.5bn. Manchester City I believe sold stock last year which valued their club at $3bn.

Whether people like to admit it, we are one of the biggest and most well known football clubs in world football nowadays and a huge worldwide brand. The stadium situation is awkward but there are other benefits to being the only real established club in West London, again increasing desirability for us.

Abramovich would make a profit on his investment if he were to put the club up for sale today. It's ironic that Chelsea is now actually far more valuable and desirable than a billionaire's toy.

Roman Abramovich may have devised a secret Plan B for redeveloping Stamford Bridge amid his visa row, a football finance expert has claimed.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/707756/chelsea-news-stadium-roman-abramovich-visa-latest-plan-updates

I think if an owner had done so much for a club in Spain or in Italy there would be fan protests in case he had such visa issues. It was a obviously a political decision and in a hard moment he probably realized that he is a very lonely man in London.

I still hope that he has not lost interest and will fully support the club like he used to but each passing day my hope also diminishes.

44 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I think if an owner had done so much for a club in Spain or in Italy there would be fan protests in case he had such visa issues. It was a obviously a political decision and in a hard moment he probably realized that he is a very lonely man in London.

I still hope that he has not lost interest and will fully support the club like he used to but each passing day my hope also diminishes.

I doubt hes lost interest (this rumour comes around every 2 or 3 years), hes a business man, if he had lost interest he wouldn't have pumped 200m into the squad last summer and he would have tried to sell up for a profit or would try to in the present.

Its all political regarding Abramovich, if he never had any links to Vladimir Putin he'd be back in the country and they wouldn't want him to declare how he made his money etc. Its as simple as that. They can buff it up to whatever they want, new rules etc, but nobody is stupid.  

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I doubt hes lost interest (this rumour comes around every 2 or 3 years), hes a business man, if he had lost interest he wouldn't have pumped 200m into the squad last summer and he would have tried to sell up for a profit or would try to in the present.

Its all political regarding Abramovich, if he never had any links to Vladimir Putin he'd be back in the country and they wouldn't want him to declare how he made his money etc. Its as simple as that. They can buff it up to whatever they want, new rules etc, but nobody is stupid.  

The paper headlines are out of control. We as Chelsea fans should expect nothing less than the typical derailing attempts from these social sharks.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

if he had lost interest he wouldn't have pumped 200m into the squad last summer

I was not talking about last summer. He has visa problems, stadium plans postponed indefinitely a few weeks ago, there are also talks to freeze oligarchs' assets. These are all recent developments, which could affect the motivation of a club owner.

I hope he hasn't lost his interest like I said earlier but it seems everything not just the stadium plans, are on hold at the club right now.

3 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I was not talking about last summer. He has visa problems, stadium plans postponed indefinitely a few weeks ago, there are also talks to freeze oligarchs' assets. These are all recent developments, which could affect the motivation of a club owner.

I hope he hasn't lost his interest like I said earlier but it seems everything not just the stadium plans, are on hold at the club right now.

But the story is a no go..... every few years something happens, either a manager gets sacked, theres an issue with Roman or the board or other club personnel and the media report it stating the same shit about loss of interest or whatever but fuck all happens.

Lost interest? Motivation? Roman's motivation has helped Chelsea become an absolute super club over the last 10-15 years, we were on a good path back in the day making progress but his arrival jacked expectations right up and although we've had managerial issues etc hes always been committed. Don't worry about it. Stadium plans on hold? He'll sort it one way or another. Visa issues? Again, he'll sort it one way or another. New manager? He'll sort it....

It might take time but I don't think anybody should be looking to question Roman Abramovich's motivation or desire or interest in the club. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

But the story is a no go..... every few years something happens, either a manager gets sacked, theres an issue with Roman

I dont remember Roman not being able to get into UK or talks about freezing his assets so frequently. These are very different issues than changing managers or his previous legal problems. The tension between England and Russia has never been this high since the Cold War. The thing is if Britain decided to hit Putin through his oligarchs Roman's problems might grow exponentially from now on.

I never said he certainly lost interest btw. I dont see the world black and white, this is why I say might and could all the time.

Roman Abramovich rejects approach to sell Chelsea as Britain's richest man and Manchester United fan Jim Ratcliffe makes an approach to buy

Jim Ratcliffe, the billionaire boss of multinational petrochemicals giant Ineos and a season-ticket holder at Stamford Bridge, expressed an interest in buying the club amid speculation the Russian oligarch could be prepared to sell.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5822633/Roman-Abramovich-rejects-approach-sell-Chelsea-Jim-Ratcliffe.html

33 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Roman Abramovich rejects approach to sell Chelsea as Britain's richest man and Manchester United fan Jim Ratcliffe makes an approach to buy

Jim Ratcliffe, the billionaire boss of multinational petrochemicals giant Ineos and a season-ticket holder at Stamford Bridge, expressed an interest in buying the club amid speculation the Russian oligarch could be prepared to sell.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5822633/Roman-Abramovich-rejects-approach-sell-Chelsea-Jim-Ratcliffe.html

Jim Ratcliffe is worth 20billion. Apparently Romab has turned down a few offers already including one from China.

35 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Well Ratcliffe is way more wealhy than Roman. But Never trust a ManU Fan.