Roman Abramovich Thread

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

What if Roman just leave club to his son Arkadiy? :D

That doesn't fix anything, unless he left all his cash to him too, and still I fear that would not stop the sanctions and potential prosecutions (or indictments and geo-poltical pressure at a minimum).

I also think (will do further research) that the new sanctions may will prevent any Western (read NATO and more nations in that orbit) buyers from doing business in terms of a purchase.

We are caught in a comprehensive pincer movement from most all angles atm.:(

Image result for pincer movement gif

pun fully intended

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That, according to Peter Kenyon, is what Roman said would eventually happen when he bought the club in 2003.

I think a lot of our horrific decisions have come from Arkadiy whispering in daddy's ear and then daddy pulling the board puppet strings

Also, in 2003 Roman would have had no idea that in 2019 he would be a globally sanctioned/targeted figure over Putin and have had his net wealth drop from around a 22bn to 25bn high to around 8bn or 9bn, and have been chased out of the UK, and would have pulled the plug on a new stadium

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

I think a lot of our horrific decisions have come from Arkadiy whispering in daddy's ear and then daddy pulling the board puppet strings

Also, in 2003 Roman would have had no idea that in 2019 he would be a globally sanctioned/targeted figure over Putin and have had his net wealth drop from around a 22bn to 25bn high to around 8bn or 9bn, and have been chased out of the UK, and would have pulled the plug on a new stadium

Kenyon originally said that Roman's plan was for the transfer to happen in 'ten years'. I can't see how he could have meant that literally but I've long believed that Arkadiy is involved in transfer decisions. In that first summer of heady spending, Bruce Buck made what could have been taken as a throwaway comment but which I think gave a good clue about the owner.

Bruce, in an effort to talk Roman up, stated that the owner had a huge database and an encyclopaedic knowledge of players. He claimed that no matter who you mentioned from around the world, Roman could tell you something about that player. Roman certainly had the money to employ people to put together such a database if he wished, but why would he have bothered? The database was obviously Football Manager and a strong knowledge of its contents must mean that Roman enjoyed the game and spent some time playing it.

How many of us could have resisted the temptation to play the game for real if we had the dosh? Not me, that's for sure. Also, why not bond with your lad and play your favourite game together? Complete guesswork I accept, but I do think Arkadiy is involved. One thing which I will never be persuaded to accept, outside of absolute evidence, is the notion that Marina plays any part whatsoever in selecting transfer targets. Giving an opinion on how much can be afforded as a recruitment cost, for sure; making a football decision on player x is better for the squad than player y, never in a million years.

As for the stadium, we have been prisoners of our location and of the granite like conservatism of football fans. The best thing for the club was, and still is, a move away from Stamford Bridge but the range of options for that move is too small to allow any suitable site to be found. If we fans were more far-sighted the club may be able to widen the search and find that elusive site. CFC's inability to get this done is something our successors as Blues' fans may well live to regret in coming decades. 

44 minutes ago, the wes said:

Sir Jim Ratcliffe may bid for Chelsea next after striking deal to sponsor Team Sky

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sir-jim-ratcliffe-may-bid-for-chelsea-next-after-striking-deal-to-sponsor-team-sky-0zrmlrv72

Can anyone shed some light on Jim Ratcliffe? Like what exactly is he all about? He seems pretty determined to buy us going by reports in recent months.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can anyone shed some light on Jim Ratcliffe? Like what exactly is he all about? He seems pretty determined to buy us going by reports in recent months.

According to some reports he's a season ticket holder at Chelsea

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Sir Jim Ratcliffe may bid for Chelsea next after striking deal to sponsor Team Sky

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sir-jim-ratcliffe-may-bid-for-chelsea-next-after-striking-deal-to-sponsor-team-sky-0zrmlrv72

Hard to believe he can buy us if he isn't willing to pay over 2.5b  as the article mention. Roman would like to get all his money back and profit I assume.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Okay but is he shady person or someone who can be trusted etc?

Strange question. Not a single person greedy enough to own billions can be trusted. I don't believe there is a single billionaire in world history who is honest and hasn't broken any laws.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Strange question. Not a single person greedy enough to own billions can be trusted. I don't believe there is a single billionaire in world history who is honest and hasn't broken any laws.

Charlie Chester