Roman Abramovich Thread

3 hours ago, mccg said:

Chelsea fans sent worrying Roman Abramovich transfer message by Sky Sports man

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/756696/Chelsea-transfer-news-Roman-Abramovich-Maurizio-Sarri-Sky-Sports

Nothing we don't know already, although I would like to remind everyone that we broke the World Record fee for a GK only in the last window.

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

Nothing we don't know already, although I would like to remind everyone that we broke the World Record fee for a GK only in the last window.

Its just a load of old tosh created to stir shit and give clicks!

15 minutes ago, DDA said:

Exactly, this can only be news for non-Chelsea fans. That said I think the report is probably inaccurate to say Roman won't sanction big money signings. It's more likely true to say that he won't sanction unfunded spending and that's pretty much been the case for a while. Years in fact.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Exactly this can only be news for non-Chelsea fans. That said I think the report is probably inaccurate to say Roman won't sanction big money signings. It's more likely true to say that he won't sanction unfunded spending and that's pretty much been the case for a while. Years in fact.

What he should be doing is sanctioning the selling of our own Ikea store so we can put that money to good use instead of it bleeding the bank thru paid wages, losing  value and getting rusty and useless.

He should be getting us a real DOF!

• 1 month later...

Roman supposedly will not sell to any British buyer (buried in the Kepa story)

WHAT THE FUCKERY

https://blogs.elconfidencial.com/deportes/a-mi-bola/2019-03-04/abramovich-kepa-chelsea-sarri-venta_1858210/

Abramovich and the sale of Chelsea

The most curious of all is that Abramovich also has put on sale to own Chelsea, for an amount that exceeds 2,500 million pounds and one condition: that the London club does not fall in any case in the hands of an English buyer . As is well known, the Russian tycoon lost his British residence by not renewing his special residence permit as a prominent investor in the United Kingdom and has taken up residence in Tel Aviv . Like all Jews, and Roman is, he is entitled to Israeli nationality by the so-called Law of Return . The Hebrew press was the first to report that the owner of the Chelsea lodged the application with the Israeli Embassy in Moscow and a few days later he was a citizen there.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Roman supposedly will not sell to any British buyer (buried in the Kepa story)

WHAT THE FUCKERY

https://blogs.elconfidencial.com/deportes/a-mi-bola/2019-03-04/abramovich-kepa-chelsea-sarri-venta_1858210/

Abramovich and the sale of Chelsea

The most curious of all is that Abramovich also has put on sale to own Chelsea, for an amount that exceeds 2,500 million pounds and one condition: that the London club does not fall in any case in the hands of an English buyer . As is well known, the Russian tycoon lost his British residence by not renewing his special residence permit as a prominent investor in the United Kingdom and has taken up residence in Tel Aviv . Like all Jews, and Roman is, he is entitled to Israeli nationality by the so-called Law of Return . The Hebrew press was the first to report that the owner of the Chelsea lodged the application with the Israeli Embassy in Moscow and a few days later he was a citizen there.

Saudi Arabia has hit a roadblock with Glazis who don't want to sell United just saying Roman if you want to sell it to someone :ph34r:

Just now, Nicco said:

Saudi Arabia has hit a roadblock with Glazis who don't want to sell United just saying Roman if you want to sell it to someone :ph34r:

from an oligarch chased planet wide due to the yanks v Putin to head.chopper trillionaires

we would retire the most hated owners trophy on a perm basis!

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

lol, based off WHAT???

Well do you think we would have dominated English football,  European Champions,  endless silverware WITHOUT him ?

l am amazed how ungrateful,  unrealistic and self entitled many are and I'm sure so is Roman. He has put over a billion in with no return and traitors talk deserves examination of loyalty. 

1 minute ago, Mana said:

You should look at his username. A fanboy will always defend a person or object they have a strong interest in. 

Roman was doing a job an owner is suppose to do. You bought our club, us fans trust you to make it better. It is OUR club, the fans has been keeping Chelsea for years not Roman. And Roman has over the years made it better (and that’s why no one complained) until NOW. He is slowly digressing and the current board looks terrible.

If he cared about what’s going on, his efforts would have been much harsher. FFS we finished 5th last season! And last summer, all we got was Sarri and Jorginho.

He is making profits now steadily, and other parts of his empire are being dismantled, so I really doubt he will sell atm, plus he is supposedly refusing to sell to any UK buyers. IF the yank Putin/Trump shit really goes all pear-shaped, I truly fear (as Roman is massively tied to Putin and already under the global cosh) the club is going to be seized. At that point, who the hell knows what happens. Ratcliffe offered 2 billion quid, Roman demanded 3, and talks broke down (if they ever even started, as that new revelation about no UK buyers has now come out). They should have just met halfway or so, hell even a wee bit closer to 3bn, say £2.6bn, and called it a day. Ratcliffe's wealth is blowing up more and more every quarter, so I doubt 600 million or so would have been a deal breaker at the end of the day. Roman still would have pocketed close to £2.5bn in profit just on buy v sale price.

57 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is making profits now steadily, and other parts of his empire are being dismantled, so I really doubt he will sell atm, plus he is supposedly refusing to sell to any UK buyers.

I have to admit this last part about UK buyers I find a bit baffling.  I learned never make business personal and that last part seems like a direct response to how the UK government is treating him.  You won't let me into your country I won't sell my club to anyone in your country.  Maybe he just thinks he can get more from outside buyers then he can from someone in the UK but it really comes across as kind of petty and petulant.

4 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

I have to admit this last part about UK buyers I find a bit baffling.  I learned never make business personal and that last part seems like a direct response to how the UK government is treating him.  You won't let me into your country I won't sell my club to anyone in your country.  Maybe he just thinks he can get more from outside buyers then he can from someone in the UK but it really comes across as kind of petty and petulant.

The Saudis are the obvious choice for him, thus my 'we will retire the world's most hated owners on a perm basis' comment.:(

On 30/01/2019 at 7:29 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Exactly, this can only be news for non-Chelsea fans. That said I think the report is probably inaccurate to say Roman won't sanction big money signings. It's more likely true to say that he won't sanction unfunded spending and that's pretty much been the case for a while. Years in fact.

even if you shave a full 20 percent off those offers (and there is NO WAY we would have only gotten 80% of those valuations of offers)

the board blew off half a BILLION quid in hard offers last summer (£620m in reality)

£500m buys a shit tonne of fully funded buys

SOD THE BOARD!:rant: