Roman Abramovich Thread

1 hour ago, milka said:

How it started and how it ended  💙

roman-abramovich-chelsea-fc-proprietarioFTreYqrXoAAUNXl?format=jpg&name=large

21 trophies in 19 years

and if we had not become utter SHIT in all 3 domestic cups/trophies, it could have been 30+ easily

2 wins 7 losses in the CS

3 wins, 3 losses in League Cup finals (2008 to Spuds!!! grrrr)

5 wins, 4 losses in FA Cup finals (lost 4 of the last 6, grrrrrrrr)

14 blown cup  trophies domestically

Plus

1 blown FWCC

1 blown CL

and 3 blown Super Cups

2 wins, no losses in Europa League finals at least

19 blown finals/cups

IF we were perfect, we would have won 40 trophies (couniting EPL titles)

so our finals records, all cups under Roman

16 wins, 19 losses, so many of those losses in in the last 9, 10 years

We are fucking cursed at Wembley now

0b15b6cf6a14f8434457858f31e7c2b0.png

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

21 trophies in 19 years

and if we had not become utter SHIT in all 3 domestic cups/trophies, it could have been 30+ easily

2 wins 7 losses in the CS

3 wins, 3 losses in League Cup finals (2008 to Spuds!!! grrrr)

5 wins, 4 losses in FA Cup finals (lost 4 of the last 6, grrrrrrrr)

14 blown cup  trophies domestically

Plus

1 blown FWCC

1 blown CL

and 3 blown Super Cups

2 wins, no losses in Europa League finals at least

19 blown finals/cups

IF we were perfect, we would have won 40 trophies (couniting EPL titles)

so our finals records, all cups under Roman

16 wins, 19 losses, so many of those losses in in the last 9, 10 years

We are fucking cursed at Wembley now

0b15b6cf6a14f8434457858f31e7c2b0.png

just looking back at 2007-2008

insanely frustrating season!!!!!!!!!!!

almost Neverkusen level

5 absolutely massive cockups

(1) It was the only year we truly blew a close close chance late at the EPL title (lost by 2 points to Manure, our CURSE teams that year, its when I truly started to HATE them) (2013–14 when we finished 3rd, 4 points off Citeh was another bad finish season, we had 3 horrid losses down the stretch to Villa, Palace, and Sunderland, plus a shit draw v Norwich)

also

(2) we blew the CS on pens to Manure

(3) we blew the League Cup final to SPUDS on that fucking 94th minute Woodgate choke goal

(4) were shamefully upset by Barnsley in the 6th round of the FA Cup

(5) Moscow, CL, Terry slip on the pen  🤬

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

just looking back at 2007-2008

insanely frustrating season!!!!!!!!!!!

almost Neverkusen level

5 absolutely massive cockups

(1) It was the only year we truly blew a close close chance late at the EPL title (lost by 2 points to Manure, our CURSE teams that year, its when I truly started to HATE them) (2013–14 when we finished 3rd, 4 points off Citeh was another bad finish season, we had 3 horrid losses down the stretch to Villa, Palace, and Sunderland, plus a shit draw v Norwich)

also

(2) we blew the CS on pens to Manure

(3) we blew the League Cup final to SPUDS on that fucking 94th minute Woodgate choke goal

(4) were shamefully upset by Barnsley in the 6th round of the FA Cup

(5) Moscow, CL, Terry slip on the pen  🤬

2008 was when I started creating a redemption arc story for Drogba and Chelsea in my head.

2009 was traumatized after that semi final against Barca, and Drogba was in front of the cameras. Was worried that he would leave the club on a bad note.

But then he re-signed. Carlo came.. Started the season with a bang. Finished the season with the golden boot and PL/FA double.

2012 Drogba and Co. with a swan-song. IN 2011 the Torres camp was strong, AVB had come in and Drogba/Lampard were out of favor. 2012 season ended in history, bringing the redemption arc to a close.

The epilogue of that story was in 2014/2015., with Mourinho, Drogba and Hazard winning the PL title together.

Almost like a culmination of two different era's of Roman's reign. 

Big up to Abramovich  -recap....

Under his ownership we won every major trophy - two Champions Leagues, five Premier Leagues, five FA Cups, two Europa Leagues and three EFL Cups. In August 2021 we won the Uefa Super Cup and in February our first Club World Cup.

He appointed 13 managers and the club has spent more than £2bn in the transfer market under his ownership.

29 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

we were blessed indeed, fuck the UK government

Hypocrites - Johnson put an ex KGB man in the House of Lords because of 'donations' and the invited Johnson go to his mansion parties in Italy 'full of young Russian Beauties' where he ditched his security. (Johnson and the Russian Mountain youtube)

1 hour ago, Kong said:

Let's just be thankful for what he's done for us and where we go from here. No needs to bring politics into it. 

I agree that we should not politicise this. The way the government handled this was a self-serving, pointless, stupid, inconsistent piece of pathetic PR but in my view Labour would have done the same had they been in power. I'd like to think it would have been less stupid if Dorries wasn't involved but that might just be over optimistic thinking on my part. 

35 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I agree that we should not politicise this. The way the government handled this was a self-serving, pointless, stupid, inconsistent piece of pathetic PR but in my view Labour would have done the same had they been in power. I'd like to think it would have been less stupid if Dorries wasn't involved but that might just be over optimistic thinking on my part. 

Like you said Labour would have done the same I believe regarding sanctions.

For me the sanctions aren't the biggest issue (although the reasoning behind them is so wishy washy), it's (1) the way they were imposed which has felt an almost direct attack on the club and the fans and (2) the thinly veiled threats, through media outlets and in some cases direct quotes, regarding the future existence of the club.

If they're expecting gratitude from Chelsea fans I think they'll be waiting longer than a Spurs trophy.

''Those who hoped that Chelsea would crumble will be disappointed… Roman Abramovich's greatest gift was creating a club that did not need HIM to make it appealing to a billionaire buyer''

Chelsea: Roman Abramovich's greatest gift was creating a club appealing to a billionaire buyer | Daily Mail Online

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

''Those who hoped that Chelsea would crumble will be disappointed… Roman Abramovich's greatest gift was creating a club that did not need HIM to make it appealing to a billionaire buyer''

Chelsea: Roman Abramovich's greatest gift was creating a club appealing to a billionaire buyer | Daily Mail Online

let them cry, they were so desperate to watch us crumble. Pathetic lot