Roman Abramovich Thread

This drawn-out saga is starting to do my head in. I hope when it is all over, and we finally have new owners confirmed, that the said owners ban all the putrid hacks from rags like the Daily Mail, Guardian and Daily Star from the Press box . They have done nothing but stick the boot in and plaster unfounded scare stories over their back pages, as if they are in the know....which they clearly arent

Todd Boehly’s bid have been incredibly impressed with Thomas Tuchel, they will look to talk to him quickly and tell him their vision, it’s been a sticky patch of results but Tuchel has become Chelsea’s ambassador through all this and they’ve been hugely impressed. (Matt Law) 

UK government sanctions make it clear that Abramovich is effectively President Putin’s man. If you believe that, then, in essence, Chelsea is a Russian state asset.  Vladimir Putin, currently talking up the threat of nuclear war, is he really going to allow £2.5billion of Russian assets vanish into the hands of the UK Government to distribute as they see fit, with much of it ending up supporting Ukraine?

Niet

8 minutes ago, Norfolkblue1961 said:

This drawn-out saga is starting to do my head in. I hope when it is all over, and we finally have new owners confirmed, that the said owners ban all the putrid hacks from rags like the Daily Mail, Guardian and Daily Star from the Press box . They have done nothing but stick the boot in and plaster unfounded scare stories over their back pages, as if they are in the know....which they clearly arent

As much as it feels like it, the whole situation is actually moving at a rapid speed considering the figures involved.

If it was just left to develop and you had a handful of people 'in the know' reporting on developments there would be no problems.

Instead we have 90% of journalists either (a) using Roman's sanctions as a means of showing their true feelings about Chelsea, or (b) finding the worst case scenarios and creating a doomsday portrayal of the situation.

Given the platform they are on and the audience size, one of the worst has to be Sky Sports. It's bad enough that if we want to watch a Premier League football match on their channel, we have to suffer through what is best described as a Liverpool lovefest. But you then have that Kaveh bloke fuelling all sorts of speculation for clickbait on their platforms. He's not a journalist, he literally spends half of the day on Twitter looking for football stories and transfer gossip (spoiler alert - we've worked out his trusted "source").

I remember years back Sky Sports used to be top tier for transfer news because they didn't lend themselves to speculation. In fact I can remember how gutted I was when they reported that Dani Alves was joining Chelsea from Sevilla only for it then to not materialise. In recent years they've effectively prostituted themselves out to the mass hysteria regarding transfer talk, culminating in them treating transfer deadline day like a religious festival. 

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

UK government sanctions make it clear that Abramovich is effectively President Putin’s man. If you believe that, then, in essence, Chelsea is a Russian state asset.  Vladimir Putin, currently talking up the threat of nuclear war, is he really going to allow £2.5billion of Russian assets vanish into the hands of the UK Government to distribute as they see fit, with much of it ending up supporting Ukraine?

Niet

Well, the UN then.

I fail to understand why Ben Jacobs keeps forgetting the fact that Roman can reject Raine's choices, so to say Ratcliffe simply cant enter now due to Raine's process, is wrong.

Exclusivity still has not been signed since Friday when we are led to believe Boehly got preferred bidder... and even then, it does not mean its game over. 

Ratcliffe coming in has certainly caused a stir, and i think hed be Roman's choice.

4 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I fail to understand why Ben Jacobs keeps forgetting the fact that Roman can reject Raine's choices, so to say Ratcliffe simply cant enter now due to Raine's process, is wrong.

Exclusivity still has not been signed since Friday when we are led to believe Boehly got preferred bidder... and even then, it does not mean its game over. 

Ratcliffe coming in has certainly caused a stir, and i think hed be Roman's choice.

Roman could well do that, he still holds all the cards essentially with regards to who he wants to take over.

Having heard the interview today though from Ratcliffe's camp it would lead us to believe that there isn't any conspiracy theory like some are trying to piece together and simply they've followed the process and spotted a potential opportunity to make a bid because the price looks like being significantly lower than they expected it to be. 

The financial backing is one thing and maybe Ratcliffe is the standout here (although I don't think any of the bidders in the final stage would leave us in dire straits financially with their backings), and he can also offer I guess the closest equivalent to Roman, being sole owner as opposed to a consortium although that has both positives and negatives attached to it. But it looks like a lot of the bid is being done on the fly. They've put their statements out but there's no plans with regards to how they may renovate the stadium, long term plans and strategies to grow the club commercially, etc. This is where they are at a significant disadvantage to the other bidders who have been planning this for weeks (and possibly in Boehly's situation years) and I genuinely don't think Roman would be accepting of that. He'll want to see what plans these bidders have for the club.

2 hours ago, Norfolkblue1961 said:

The Times too.

20 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Still no news on Boehly's group signing exclusivity yet? They have until end of tomorrow, I'd have imagined Matt Law would be reporting that if so

I don't have the tweet, but there was a tweet from a reputable journo that said because of the chaos with the Ratcliffe bid that the 5 days was not a hard timeframe as long as the talks are progressing.