Roman Abramovich Thread

I'm glad that is out and now we can finish with Boehly. 

Seems to me with Boehly we will keep Tuchel around for a while, unless TT wants to go. But everything points to him being happy here and as well new owner with him. 

And looking at the interview with Boehly he is not triggered happy like Roman. So that is good and he will help bring stability in that department. 

I think what Liverpool has done with Kloop is something we are going. As Chelsea under TT are something similar, and the new owners are in the same mold of Liverpool. 

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

The only mystery I have is why did Jim show in so late, what made him change his mind, I'd be curious to know.

Probably so he and his fortune/investments are talked about.

Just a note too in the article they say that the additional £500m mentioned last week that Roman was demanding was in fact based around future commitment to spending on the club.

So assume a £4bn deal in round terms equates to around £2.5bn purchase and £1.5bn future commitment into the club.

33 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

I will always be grateful for everything Roman did for this club, his dedication, love and support for Chelsea Football Club should never be questioned, such a big shame that things had to end like this for him, fuck the UK government and Putin.

I wanted to give this a double 💟

Brilliant sentiment.

Keep it going bruv🤗

2 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I wanted to give this a double 💟

Brilliant sentiment.

Keep it going bruv🤗

i feel really sad mate, not gonna lie, Roman deserved much better than this for sure, at least he will make sure Chelsea stays in good hands before he departs, that’s how much he cares for this club. I wish him nothing but the best in his life and future projects, and far away from the witch hunt in the UK. The important thing now is for Chelsea to continue staying competitive and successful under the new owners. Here’s to a happy future, cheers and KTBFFH always 💙🥹🙏

Edited by Johnnyeye

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Surprised this has moved so quickly. Multi-Billion pound take overs usually take a lot longer. Hopefully nothing has been missed and all due diligence has been done properly.

One of the main positives regarding Boehly is that a bid or negotiations took place about 3 years ago regarding buying Chelsea so a lot of due diligence would have been carried out then which would still hold up now.

It's not a coincidence that the Boehly consortium has been pretty much locked in from a very early point in comparison to other groups who were still putting teams together well into their bids.