Roman Abramovich Thread

1 minute ago, gdlk said:

First Abramovich was the problem, now Government will decide the future of Chelsea?? Wtf is this crap? 

If club is for sale and that bid from Saudi Media is real i dont see whats the problem. If Government doesnt allow that i hope a mislead russian rocket visit that sh*t building.. 

To be honest, I agree with the UK government analysing the company as a whole, with regards to funding and private ownership links to the regime. 

Genuinely only a matter of time until Newcastle, PSG, and City are down the same route as us.

First Chelsea is an private football club, not national so i dont see what job Government have in our club?? Isnt this stealing?? And since when Government can decide what route one football club to take.. 

If it's proved this Saudi Media company has no links with the political regime then I'd be more than happy for them to be considered, depending on the type of bid. They look like they've got the funds to run a premier league club.

If however there are ties to the ruling class in Saudi, then I'd be very uncomfortable with it. Yemen is a terrible situation and there is blood on the hands of those in charge. It's time football clubs in England were safe guarded from any unscrupulous owners. It calls for government legislation as the FA has shown they clearly aren't up to it.

20 minutes ago, Tricky Houseman said:

If it's proved this Saudi Media company has no links with the political regime then I'd be more than happy for them to be considered, depending on the type of bid. They look like they've got the funds to run a premier league club.

If however there are ties to the ruling class in Saudi, then I'd be very uncomfortable with it. Yemen is a terrible situation and there is blood on the hands of those in charge. It's time football clubs in England were safe guarded from any unscrupulous owners. It calls for government legislation as the FA has shown they clearly aren't up to it.

That's what assumed be happening now...or meant to be but who knows..probably not. Turned a blind eye plenty of times already really with regards to owners

One thing to note that I saw on Twitter earlier is two of our best women's players are in a public relationship - something that would be illegal in Saudi Arabia.

These are going to be the sort of politically sensitive topics we will have to navigate with such owners. 

12 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

One thing to note that I saw on Twitter earlier is two of our best women's players are in a public relationship - something that would be illegal in Saudi Arabia.

These are going to be the sort of politically sensitive topics we will have to navigate with such owners. 

Just for the record there are known to be at least three couples in the CFCW squad.

13 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Saudi Media Group seem to be more progressive than the norm in their country. Think I read they had the highest Women employment rate at their company. 

That being said, I would genuinely laugh my arse off if they bought us, had the same spending power as Roman, and has zero ties to the regime. The Arsenal fans reaction would be priceless. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

To be honest, I agree with the UK government analysing the company as a whole, with regards to funding and private ownership links to the regime. 

Genuinely only a matter of time until Newcastle, PSG, and City are down the same route as us.

What links to what regime ?
Bojo is the one who is linked, Mogg and co and they wanted all of continental Europe to go under Putin.
Abramovitch had no idea a war was going to start.

Edited by cosmicway

30 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Just for the record there are known to be at least three couples in the CFCW squad.

Yeah I've heard that may be the case although wasn't sure whether any were confirmed publicly besides Eriksson and Harder.

31 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Saudi Media Group seem to be more progressive than the norm in their country. Think I read they had the highest Women employment rate at their company. 

That being said, I would genuinely laugh my arse off if they bought us, had the same spending power as Roman, and has zero ties to the regime. The Arsenal fans reaction would be priceless. 

Yeah from what I've read, they do look positive in a number of aspects and it sounds like part of their pitch is to continue investing into the academy and women's teams as they also want Chelsea as a brand to help promote women's and grassroots football in Saudi Arabia also.

But it's still guaranteed Tuchel will be asked similar questions about Saudi Arabian laws and culture or anybody from Saudi Media sitting on our board will be subjected to the same. They may shown signs of progression themselves but would they denounce things happening in Saudi Arabia that the Western world doesn't like? 

It's complete hypocrisy but you know it will happen. You don't hear the American owners being questioned about police brutality or relaxed gun laws leading to mass shootings in America.

Roman Abramovich is pictured for the first time since Ukraine invasion: Dishevelled oligarch waits in Tel Aviv airport VIP lounge to catch his private jet to Turkey, after Israel said it would not be used as a haven for sanctioned Russians

Může jít o obrázek 2 lidem , people sitting a indoor

40 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah I've heard that may be the case although wasn't sure whether any were confirmed publicly besides Eriksson and Harder.

One of the other two couples has, I'm told, spoken of their relationship on social media so, although I have not seen it myself, they are out. The other couple have chosen not to be public about their relationship but it's the least well kept 'secret' around the team and everybody knows they are a couple. 

22 hours ago, Milan said:

Roman Abramovich is pictured for the first time since Ukraine invasion: Dishevelled oligarch waits in Tel Aviv airport VIP lounge to catch his private jet to Turkey, after Israel said it would not be used as a haven for sanctioned Russians

Může jít o obrázek 2 lidem , people sitting a indoor

That's Roman dressed for a posh night out, not 'dishevelled' at all. 🙂

Edited by OhForAGreavsie