Roman Abramovich Thread

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Especially in a communist fucking country. 

We are being punished because Roman has shares in a steel company that is building the tanks that are invading Ukraine. 

Shares in steel firm part-owned by Roman Abramovich suspended
Russian oligarch, who has 29% stake in Evraz, faces sanctions in UK over links to Kremlin

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/mar/10/shares-in-evraz-steel-firm-part-owned-by-roman-abramovich-suspended

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Are the club going to put out a statement, ffs? Or are they just going to ignore the 800lb gorilla in the room and send Tuchel out later to field questions way above his pay grade?

And does that mean he is part of the invasion plot ? On what evidence ?
It might be unorthodox for him to continue and he does n't want to declare himself a dissident, like Solzenicyn.
But he resigned so where is the crime ???

Johnson with his dream of the dissolution of Europe is far more implicated.
With the dissolution of Europe we are going to have 30% junta regimes, 15-20% communist and 40-45% Putin.

Edited by cosmicway

Greece escaped becoming Putin land by a hair's nostril in 2015.
Brexit was not done yet, but somehow Tsipras who had stolen the parliamentary makority and Putin failed to agree on the size of the bailout loan.
On July 5 2015 we went to sleep at 10pm thinking we were Putin land only to wake up at 6am on the 6th to find out it was off.
Without EU the whatever disagreement between Tsipras and Putin would n't have mattered of course and we were going to have tanks in the streets now and bread with ration coupons.
As I remember while all this was going on Boris was very happy.

Edited by cosmicway

Think this is sadly the nail in the coffin for Rüdiger staying. So he and AC are off. Think Azpi is the sort of man that will stay on and help the club through tough times. 

The man I’m most worried about is Tuchel. If things implode on the pitch now due to the chaos off it, will he want to stick around this summer? If a new owner is in place quickly I think he will stay. But if this drags on for months and destroys our ability to improve his team I think he may walk.

Just now, Pizy said:

Think this is sadly the nail in the coffin for Rüdiger staying. So he and AC are off. Think Azpi is the sort of man that will stay on and help the club through tough times. 

The man I’m most worried about is Tuchel. If things implode on the pitch now due to the chaos off it, will he want to stick around this summer? If a new owner is in place quickly I think he will stay. But if this drags on for months and destroys our ability to improve his team I think he may walk.

Yep. Its not the same situation as Lampard found himself in with not being able to sort on contracts now either..guess see how things progress from now on.

And if do draw a abroad team for champions league in all seriousness how does that work? Real budget? Less staff? Whatever else is needed. And if we make it to Wembley can they sell tickets with sale money going to Wembley? 

Just be odd seeing a very very empty bridge! 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Best case scenario Roman finds a buyer within the coming days. 

Not up to him anymore, is it? He has to hand the reigns over to the government who will sell to whichever idiot greases their pockets the most.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't think Tuchel will walk unless things get really desperate. There was already talk of him feeling he would be better suited to a team possibly challenging for Europa places like a Leverkusen over one of the big teams after he left PSG and Chelsea was almost last chance saloon for him in a big club environment.

He already has legend status with the Champions League win and everything he's done in general and I think he appreciates the love and support he gets from the fans. I think from what I can see on the outside from his character he'd rather ride the storm and see what things are like after it than bolting at the first opportunity.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Tuchel is quickly becoming my number one personnel concern as well

Abramovitch was never involved in pro-Russia propaganda or pro-Soviet propaganda when things was peaceful.
He did not say "I 'm flying the Russian flag in London" he never invited a Russian team to commemorate the famous 1945 match.
Why are n't they just happy he is selling the club and allow a normal time window to finish the deal ?

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

No from what has been reported, he can find a buyer and then come to an agreement with the Government that the sale can go through so long as he's not pocketing the proceeds himself. The assets have been frozen and not seized so he can still choose a buyer.

Given the shitstorm this is causing I would imagine the Government would be more than happy for this to take place, they won't want to keep these sanctions imposed on the club for too long as it would literally kill us off.

Okay, that’s more promising. We just have to hope it happens quickly now.

I suppose if Roman isn't going to see this money or potentially even choose the means it is invested into charitable causes, the biggest and boldest move that Roman could do is just give the club to the fans debt free.

The fans could then seek outside investment to the tune of 49% of the club or 50% but them retaining a golden share and we start to operate like a club in Germany.

Complete pipe dream I would expect, but a dream nonetheless. 

What next for Chelsea with Abramovich sanctioned? – Football Weekly Extra Podcast

Max Rushden is joined by Barry Glendenning, Lars Sivertsen and Philippe Auclair to discuss Chelsea’s future amid breaking news

start at 28 50

https://www.theguardian.com/football/audio/2022/mar/10/what-next-for-Chelsea-roman-abramovich-football-weekly-extra

the sanctions happened live during the podcast, so they paused and came back

Edited by Vesper

18 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I suppose if Roman isn't going to see this money or potentially even choose the means it is invested into charitable causes, the biggest and boldest move that Roman could do is just give the club to the fans debt free.

The fans could then seek outside investment to the tune of 49% of the club or 50% but them retaining a golden share and we start to operate like a club in Germany.

Complete pipe dream I would expect, but a dream nonetheless. 

I'm interested in this. 

Since Roman can't have any more, give us the money. 

That money to stay at Chelsea fc. Not the new owners, because they will like to pocket it themselves. 

I wonder how will that be done though?