Roman Abramovich Thread

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Are the club going to put out a statement, ffs? Or are they just going to ignore the 800lb gorilla in the room and send Tuchel out later to field questions way above his pay grade?

who would authorise such a statement?

the UK government?

we no longer have control of the club

we cannot even sell merch or tickets

Edited by Vesper

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

in the grand scheme of things we are looked at (by the big NATO governments, especially the yanks) as simply possible VERY minor collateral damage

other than our fans, club players club personnel, and some businesses directly reliant on the club, no one will shed (pardon the pun) a solitary tear if we are rent asunder as an existing entity

the real estate Stamford Bridge sits on is worth well over a billion, maybe multiple billions

developers would love to get their hands on it (Chelsea Pitch Owners will have to be overcome, but they could be squeezed till they scream and capitulate I wager)

At worst the CPO would register a new club under Chelsea Football Club to play at Stamford Bridge, probably in line with the Supporters Trust as a fan owned club. What has acted as a bit of a burden in recent years with sorting out the stadium actually holds critical importance to the future now. The CPO wasn't bullied or squeezed by Roman, there is no way developers will get their hands on the site. It's what the CPO was set up originally for anyway.

The CPO owes the club I believe circa £8m on a loan for the leasehold. I don't see this being an issue in terms of them being able to raise the finance to pay this in a scenario where the club went into administration or liquidation.

We'd have to start in the lower echelons of English football but I don't see a situation where there wouldn't be a Chelsea Football Club in the future and if we were playing 9 or 10 divisions down the pyramid, I will still be supporting the club.

9 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Perhaps Roman has known this all along and is still focused on selling to his preferred bidder. 

It would make a lot of sense as Roman can pick who he wants as new owners, and the Government don't have an ongoing headache with the future of the club. They get a great bit of PR for sanctioning him which they've been panned for recently.

Roman had said the net proceeds would go to charity and not him so the Government would also likely allow for the transaction.

Hopefully. 

Now though at present, I'm not so concerned about who the owner is right now, I just want the club out of this mess.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

no one will do that, that will kick off WWIII

Look, this government wanted EU to collapse.
Admittedly it was not their top target, because how bring it about in the first place ?
The top target was the unicorns of course.
But they tried to nudge things that way by as much as they could. What about the celebrations that were readied in case Marine Lepen won in France in 2017 ?
Now they are naturally scared to offer military assistance just like Biden and just like the rest of the Nato countries, but they desperately want to get rid of the stain. If Abramovitch was connected to Putin by 10%, then Johnson and co were connected by 198%.
Plus the Ukrainian refugees thing.
They found a scapegoat thanks to that Labour character from Wales as well.

Edited by cosmicway

48 minutes ago, milka said:

Chelsea now effectively have ‘no new source of income’. If the club were to end up in administration they could face a 9-point penalty deduction. #CFC

Do you really think that Roman wouldn't have pumped in some cash to get us through this? Only issue is if sponsors run for the hills, but I doubt that as the club can still be sold (despite what some in the media are reporting) with bidding closing this week. 

My thoughts are that Nick Candy must be at the front of the queue. Massive Tory donor and property developer, who would get fast tracked faster that Usain Bolt. 

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Do you really think that Roman wouldn't have pumped in some cash to get us through this? Only issue is if sponsors run for the hills, but I doubt that as the club can still be sold (despite what some in the media are reporting) with bidding closing this week. 

My thoughts are that Nick Candy must be at the front of the queue. Massive Tory donor and property developer, who would get fast tracked faster that Usain Bolt. 

Nick Candy's total net worth is around £1.5 billion 

most of that is far from liquid

so I do not see him remotely being able to buy us without a massive consortium backing him

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

so I do not see him remotely being able to buy us without a massive consortium backing him

Most of the prospective buyers will likely be consortium style bids to be honest.

Since murderous, human rights abusing, anti-LGBT, anti-woman’s rights Arab states are deemed perfectly fit and proper to become PL owners, I guess our last prayer now is that some king or prince from the Gulf now comes in and scoops us up at a massive cut price.

God knows the mega-corrupt Boris Johnson government is in deep with middle eastern money. I’m sure someone can turn some screws.

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Well, I meant he will head up a consortium. No way will we be allowed a Saudi type owner anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Never understood why, there is a million Saudi people not everyone must be connected to the prince there.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/saudi-arabia-population/

Saudi Arabia Population 

9 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Its impossible to have  that huge amount of money and not be connected to your government.

Especially in a communist fucking country. 

We are being punished because Roman has shares in a steel company that is building the tanks that are invading Ukraine.