Roman Abramovich Thread

Connor Mcgregor is also a massive cunt and outspoken racist. Wish people would stop giving the bastard attention.

Anyways, seems like there has indeed been tons of interest from prospective buyers. Seems like every time I check Twitter there’s a different name out there. The latest is Michael Rubin, another American billionaire. This is another guy similar to the other guy Boehly in that he’s all about glitz, glamour, and flashy superstar players.

Still think there’s a twist or two left and that the actual eventual buyer may not have been reported on yet.

46 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Connor Mcgregor is also a massive cunt and outspoken racist. Wish people would stop giving the bastard attention.

Anyways, seems like there has indeed been tons of interest from prospective buyers. Seems like every time I check Twitter there’s a different name out there. The latest is Michael Rubin, another American billionaire. This is another guy similar to the other guy Boehly in that he’s all about glitz, glamour, and flashy superstar players.

Still think there’s a twist or two left and that the actual eventual buyer may not have been reported on yet.

I literally cannot stand the bloke. Drives me crazy when we put these kind of people on pedestals.

14 minutes ago, Mário César said:

why?

I am Arminian descent, and Turkey is a terrorism state. You can read anything regarding the Kurds-Turkish conflict. I refuse to support a club that is owned by a guy who proudly proclaims Turkey flag will raise high in London. No I am no longer supporting any club at that point.

11 hours ago, Hermione said:

UK wants to ban Russian players from Wimbledon, England really is run by despicable humans.

Your German, Germany has been funding the Russian war machine and just suddenly got a conscience. 

https://www.espn.in/football/Chelsea-engchelsea/story/4608804/Chelsea-drawing-interest-from-at-least-10-credible-buyers-sources

Sources have told ESPN that RedBird Capital Partners, the Manhattan-based private equity company founded by Gerry Cardinale and advised by Oakland Athletics executive vice president Billy Beane, are one of a number of U.S.-based groups assessing the feasibility of a bid for Champions League holders Chelsea.

Moneyball

15 hours ago, Hermione said:

UK wants to ban Russian players from Wimbledon, England really is run by despicable humans.

Well a lot countries get run by despots, dictators and warmongers, but I suppose we can be grateful that we have a semblance of democracy. Anyway it would be the decision of the LTA to ban certain players, same as the Olympic Committee.

It will be a disaster if that Turkish businessman takes the club and nobody will like Chelsea.
It's not like the THY advertisement we had a couple of seasons back, it's Turkish ownership and he 's not likely to stay out of political controversy - the way Abramovitch almost managed to do.
Turkey at present is a rogue state. They are excused of many thinks because of their important geographical position but it is a rogue state.

John Terry takes aim at Chris Bryant after being criticised by the Labour MP for paying tribute to outgoing Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich amid Russia's invasion of Ukraine, highlighting his vote for the Iraq war and role in the 2009 expenses' scandal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10580625/Chelsea-John-Terry-hits-Labour-MP-Chris-Bryant-criticism-Roman-Abramovich-tribute.html

On 02/03/2022 at 00:49, NikkiCFC said:

I guess they are trying to make Russian people turn against Putin so they elect someone else but lets see how this will end.

What are you talking about? There are no elections in Russia. What you are referring to are staged and completely fixed theatrical performances for their people. Putin will die in office, best we can hope for is that it will be by assassination rather than age.

Edited by manpe

1 hour ago, manpe said:

What are you talking about? There are no elections in Russia. What you are referring to are staged and completely fixed theatrical performances for their people. Putin will die in office, best we can hope for is that it will be by assassination rather than age.

These sanctions are to make that happen much quicker.