Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Just a little trivial thing I've picked up on, notice Torres in the background for Robben's penalty?, everyone was focused on the net. Drogba, Cole, Mikel, Lamps and co, were fully focused on Cech. Torres had his hands on his head, prematurely walking towards the half way line ready to take the kick-off.

40943527.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little trivial thing I've picked up on, notice Torres in the background for Robben's penalty?, everyone was focused on the net. Drogba, Cole, Mikel, Lamps and co, were fully focused on Cech. Torres had his hands on his head, prematurely walking towards the half way line ready to take the kick-off.

40943527.png

Or to start a possible counter-attack?

Or to start a possible counter-attack?

Well, clearly not. Otherwise his head would be up, on his toes, anticipating the run. Not slowly weeping away with his neck slumped down with both hands on his head in despair.

Well, clearly not. Otherwise his head would be up, on his toes, anticipating the run. Not slowly weeping away with his neck slumped down with both hands on his head in despair.

Lol, he must have been fearing the worst then. But he was clearly there to start a counter.

40943527.png

I think its Torres not wanting to see the penalty , just the same way Shweinsteiger was not looking at the pen and was facing his goalie.

Means nothing. Big occasion, big pressure.

I pretty much felt the same as Torres.Still cant believe he missed it!And then we won the whole thing lol...such a bizzare game and duno how other fans could call it boring.Fair dos took till the 80th minute to get going but once it did...horrible but amazing

In a way, Robben's penalty was essential to our win. Not only did all the momentum swing our way (if it wasn't there already), Ribery got hurt in the process. He would have taken a penalty instead of Olic.

Mikel is a hero for getting in Robben's head before the penalty.

Can't blame Torres for the reaction, many ppl chose not to watch.Managers go down tunnels, platers face the other way. I don't think he would be there or doing that as a CB because they have to anticipate any rebound but Torres as a striker was probably fearing the worst (like we all were). Schweinsteiger knelt down facing his keeper, he didn't watch either.

That was such a big moment, goes without saying.

Is it weird that I just knew Cech was going to save? Never even occurred to me that Robben might score it, only thing I was worried about was the rebound.

It can be easy to predict penalties sometimes. You could just tell Robben was going to miss, especially after John Michael Nchekwube Obinna had a few words with him. David Luiz's penalty was another one, it was either going to be top corner or Row Z- it wasn't going to be saved.

Similar to the Bruno Alves penalty in the Euro semi final, I think every football fan called that miss. And the guy that went first for Portugal as well, with that dickhead run up to the ball.

same as me pretty much. Went mad when Schweinsteiger missed, i had horrible flashbacks of 2008 and my heart was thumping. Never been so nervous in those 30 or so seconds.

all i remember from the shoot out was 1 min i was getting my shoes on to go out cos i couldn't watch then i was on my knees then when they missed there 5th i made noise that i cant explain lol then when the beast we call a LEGEND Drogba scored i screamed like a little girl and just picked my dad up and then just threw him and started running around like a prat!!!!!

We hated penalty shootouts so much, we were all dreading it and fearing it. What a feeling tho, it's what football is all about, that feeling when Drogs burried it. It's priceless. Only true football fans can appreciate the feeling of a moment like that from the team you love. It's one of the best feelings in the world, like everything stops, the whole world stops, everything is silent then BAM everything goes mad/weird for a few minutes. It's like being on drugs. Football is the biggest drug of all. I can't wait for that feeling again, i miss football.

We hated penalty shootouts so much, we were all dreading it and fearing it. What a feeling tho, it's what football is all about, that feeling when Drogs burried it. It's priceless. Only true football fans can appreciate the feeling of a moment like that from the team you love. It's one of the best feelings in the world, like everything stops, the whole world stops, everything is silent then BAM everything goes mad/weird for a few minutes. It's like being on drugs. Football is the biggest drug of all. I can wait for that feeling again, i miss football.

What you didn't watch the Euros or you don't watch any other footie??? South American leagues, MLS or leagues in Asia???? There are many ways to handle your addiction. I am just giving some tips from another footie-holic...I handle my addiction this way & I play the game ;)

We hated penalty shootouts so much, we were all dreading it and fearing it. What a feeling tho, it's what football is all about, that feeling when Drogs burried it. It's priceless. Only true football fans can appreciate the feeling of a moment like that from the team you love. It's one of the best feelings in the world, like everything stops, the whole world stops, everything is silent then BAM everything goes mad/weird for a few minutes. It's like being on drugs. Football is the biggest drug of all. I can wait for that feeling again, i miss football.

Absoloutly. I just start to realise what it all means. I watched the whole game today and then it all came to me suddenly: CHELSEA are the CHAMPIONS Of EUROPE.

And we´ve got Robbie DiMatteo as our manager, a club legend even before all that, we´ve signed amazing new players, the future looks brighter than ever. I am buzzing for weeks, waiting for the new season to start.