Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

If we buy Fellaini it shouldn't put us off buying a Deep lying playmaker like Benat. Lampard is off in the summer and I don't think the Luiz in CM experminent will last past Rafa's reign. Fellaini's price makes it doubtful we can buy both though. Maybe offer them Essien in the summer? Player + Cash.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a defensive midfielder. He cannot play the anchorman role well at all. He doesn't have the positioning to be a defensive midfielder. He doesn't have the passing to be a deep-lying playmaker.

If he's 'good enough to be a defensive midfielder for the European Champions', why on earth are Everton opting to use him as a supporting striker/attacking midfielder instead? lulz.

Partnering him with Ramires like so many suggest would be suicide. Not a bad combo for a midtable team though.

I'm with Shogun and have to disagree wih Leif. Fellani can and has played the DM role before, very, very well. People tend to catorgorize players into this DM slash DLP slash BoxToBox bullshit. A player can just play in the pivort without a branded title in terms of skill. Roy Keane was one of the best defensive/central midfielders the English game has ever seen and not because he had an amazing passing range or tacticak awareness it was simply because he use to break fuckers legs and steal the ball back. I would welcome Fellani here to do that for us all day long. :D

He's not a defensive midfielder. He cannot play the anchorman role well at all. He doesn't have the positioning to be a defensive midfielder. He doesn't have the passing to be a deep-lying playmaker.

If he's 'good enough to be a defensive midfielder for the European Champions', why on earth are Everton opting to use him as a supporting striker/attacking midfielder instead? lulz.

Partnering him with Ramires like so many suggest would be suicide. Not a bad combo for a midtable team though.

He played as a DM before he signed for Everton and started there as well if I remember correctly. We were tracking him and were interested in signing him, primarily because De Visser was very high on him. At Everton, he began to impress in that role too before he suffered an injury (again, this is from memory so might be slightly inaccurate).

The reason Everton are using him there is because that's where they have a need for him. It's not that complex a notion that one team might use a player in one way because they have a need there, whilst another might use him in a different position.

People need to get in their heads that Fellaini isnt what they think he is. Dont believe that he is the answer we are lookin for in the pivot. He is NOT. Also he is too bloody expensive.

£22 million for a proven, top-class (in my opinion) midfielder is about right considering that's roughly what we spent on Essien.

As for what he is, I think people are judging him too much by how Everton have recently used him. Like I said above, we first became interested in him when he was a DM but Everton got him. He's moved forward for Everton, but I still think he could be an excellent DM alongside someone like Oscar, De Bruyne or even Ramires or Luiz. Beyond his obvious physical gifts, he's very good technically and he has a certain steel about him that I like.

His versatility and ability to get goals in advanced positions would be a bonus. Look at the QPR game for example, where we struggled for penetration. Pushing him forward when we were in possession would have caused problems in the QPR defence, and that's something that can get you a couple of invaluable points a season.

£22 million is a good price for him. Sell Essien and Malouda and we could get him for about £16 million. Nice deal. I know he won't single handedly make our central midfield world class but he will add a lot there. This is definitely looking like a summer deal though.

He played as a DM before he signed for Everton and started there as well if I remember correctly. We were tracking him and were interested in signing him, primarily because De Visser was very high on him. At Everton, he began to impress in that role too before he suffered an injury (again, this is from memory so might be slightly inaccurate).

The reason Everton are using him there is because that's where they have a need for him. It's not that complex a notion that one team might use a player in one way because they have a need there, whilst another might use him in a different position.

£22 million for a proven, top-class (in my opinion) midfielder is about right considering that's roughly what we spent on Essien.

As for what he is, I think people are judging him too much by how Everton have recently used him. Like I said above, we first became interested in him when he was a DM but Everton got him. He's moved forward for Everton, but I still think he could be an excellent DM alongside someone like Oscar, De Bruyne or even Ramires or Luiz. Beyond his obvious physical gifts, he's very good technically and he has a certain steel about him that I like.

His versatility and ability to get goals in advanced positions would be a bonus. Look at the QPR game for example, where we struggled for penetration. Pushing him forward when we were in possession would have caused problems in the QPR defence, and that's something that can get you a couple of invaluable points a season.

Highly doubt he would go for 22m.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You