Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

But in the role I see Fellaini playing, he actually has to drop back into defence and become a third centre-half at times, like Busquets at Barca. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved us to pick up Cabaye a few years ago for £5 million but I think the club have a type of player in mind for certain positions (look at Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek, or even Ake in the reserves/academy) and Fellaini fits that.

But who should be dropped to facilitate him? I think if he is bought he should be played the postion that he excels in which seems to be further up the pitch.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabaye and Moutinho are the perfect examples of the midfielder I really want.

Agree about both, but what would you say about Oscar in this position instead of buying one of them?

Im starting to think that Oscar wont have a place in the first 11 if we'll get that midfielder, becuase our next manager could not want to play Oscar-Mata-Hazard (and play with Moses for example, like Benitez is doing most of the time). question is if Oscar could play in the double pivot too, otherwise his career in Chelsea could not go big as we thought.

Agree about both, but what would you say about Oscar in this position instead of buying one of them?

Im starting to think that Oscar wont have a place in the first 11 if we'll get that midfielder, becuase our next manager could not want to play Oscar-Mata-Hazard (and play with Moses for example, like Benitez is doing most of the time). question is if Oscar could play in the double pivot too, otherwise his career in Chelsea could not go big as we thought.

Oscar is just potent in the final third to throw him in the middle of the park. Cabaye and Moutinho aren't the biggest blokes around but at least they are bigger than Oscar. Besides, we know their defensive capabilities and I'm not too sure on Oscar's. Sure he works hard but that's different to being able to intercept and tackle well.

We would have the most fouled player in the prem (eden) and the most fouling player...

I am not sure with this one. 20 mil, is a good price for him which i doubt everton will sell him for considering they paid 15 mil. The problem is i don't think anyone can deny his best position is just behind the striker so he can head it down, use his strength etc. Which is a position we won't play him in because he is not gonna play there over mata or hazard etc... Unless we put one of them as striker which could be a bit more effctive than when we tried it before. I do like the idea of having a strong tall powerful player to be able to give us another dimention to our play. I would say of its 20 mil then get him for sure, but if we start getting beyond 25 then no as there are better options out there.

-----------Cech----------

Azpi---Luiz--Terry--Cole

------Mikel--Oscar------

Mata----Fellaini--Hazard

----------Falcao----------

:Goober:

Taking Mata out of the No.10 position to accommodate Fellaini, doesn't make much sense to me. Fellaini may be good, but he's not that good. I also don't think Mikel should be dropped for him either, that seems like madness to me. Especially after handing Mikel a five-year contract.

Taking Mata out of the No.10 position to accommodate Fellaini, doesn't make much sense to me. Fellaini may be good, but he's not that good. I also don't think Mikel should be dropped for him either, that seems like madness to me. Especially after handing Mikel a five-year contract.

Notice the trollface. :Goober:

I think someone posted a great looking lineup yesterday that looked like a diamond formation.

Mikel just in front of the back 4 with Fellaini and Ramires partnered centrally, Mata and Hazard in free roles behind Falcao.

386685bc_homer-drool.gif

Apparently Zenit's been shit with Hulk and Witsel due to disharmony within the squad. The other players feel wronged that Witsel and Hulk make much more than them. Maybe they'll want to offload one of them? Just a thought.

racism issues as well. maybe we can put in a cheeky bid for him

But in the role I see Fellaini playing, he actually has to drop back into defence and become a third centre-half at times, like Busquets at Barca. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved us to pick up Cabaye a few years ago for £5 million but I think the club have a type of player in mind for certain positions (look at Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek, or even Ake in the reserves/academy) and Fellaini fits that.

Capoue would be more suited.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You