Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

He played as a DM before he signed for Everton and started there as well if I remember correctly. We were tracking him and were interested in signing him, primarily because De Visser was very high on him. At Everton, he began to impress in that role too before he suffered an injury (again, this is from memory so might be slightly inaccurate).

The reason Everton are using him there is because that's where they have a need for him. It's not that complex a notion that one team might use a player in one way because they have a need there, whilst another might use him in a different position.

£22 million for a proven, top-class (in my opinion) midfielder is about right considering that's roughly what we spent on Essien.

As for what he is, I think people are judging him too much by how Everton have recently used him. Like I said above, we first became interested in him when he was a DM but Everton got him. He's moved forward for Everton, but I still think he could be an excellent DM alongside someone like Oscar, De Bruyne or even Ramires or Luiz. Beyond his obvious physical gifts, he's very good technically and he has a certain steel about him that I like.

His versatility and ability to get goals in advanced positions would be a bonus. Look at the QPR game for example, where we struggled for penetration. Pushing him forward when we were in possession would have caused problems in the QPR defence, and that's something that can get you a couple of invaluable points a season.

In fact he have always been a DM (also at Standard de Liege where he started). He played together with Witsel and Steven Defour (FC Porto but also a Man U prospect) and this midfield was certainly one of the reasons why Standard won the Championship twice in a row after having to wait for it 25 years!

Both Fellaini and Witsel played more defensively while Defour was the playmaker in front of them.

Interesting thing to know is that Fellaini himself likes the DM postion best and also claims he's best at this position.

He started at Everton as a similar player in DM. But I think the Everton sympathizers (I don't wanna hear fans here :)) are better placed to give an update about his history there.

I know he started in DM... a little later he was in midfield... than attacking midfield... and eventually even as a full attacker.

I think one of his best attributes is the fact that Fellaini is soooo flexible. He can be your box to box player... both more over you can put him in every position between those boxes as well. Please don't be blinded by all his goals he is scoring at the moment (and I know a lot of people do this)... This makes people think he should absolutely be a AM or even ST. Don't forget his best attributes are air challenges and ball recuperation. He has a more than fair technique and passing skills for a beast of his size. And he proves to be the best wing man a playmaker (or a guy playing in the pivot position) can wish for! In that case I would love to see Fellaini and KDB playing next too each other in these roles. (of course KDB will also work with Essien, Mikel & Fellaini will also work with Ramires).

I he worth 22£ million? Must say for a hot prospect like him... that's a fair deal!

Btw: @SeB => I'm sorry I haven't replied on your (great!!) article! I must say it was a really good read and you mention a lot of valuable pro and con's. I know you're not convinced of his role here at Chelsea... This is the only thing we disagree on :).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellaini bought a house in Manchester last month I believe.

He officially claims he moved to Manchester because he was being "molested" by girls every time he left his house or went out in Liverpool!

To me I rather think Ms. Fellaini gave the interview instead of the big guy :ph34r:

You know what I also like about Fellaini. This is the car he comes to practice with. Probably he will have 4 bentleys a Ferrari & 2 aston martins on his driveway... but still!

fellaini-corsa-0ce6c.jpg

Rumors of a 22 million release clause seems like bullshit. If you bought someone for 15 million would you really allow a "22 million" release clause over say a 30-50 million release clause. Absolute bollocks. I'd rather Capoue or my granny in as a DM ahead of this guy, I mean no offence but he fouls a lot, shit passing accuracy (statisically), not creative and he moves like a train. Also lacks the positional sense that Mikel and Romeu have to play as a DM.

Rumors of a 22 million release clause seems like bullshit. If you bought someone for 15 million would you really allow a "22 million" release clause over say a 30-50 million release clause. Absolute bollocks. I'd rather Capoue or my granny in as a DM ahead of this guy, I mean no offence but he fouls a lot, shit passing accuracy (statisically), not creative and he moves like a train. Also lacks the positional sense that Mikel and Romeu have to play as a DM.

Makelele fouled quite a bit from what I remember. His passing stats are based on him playing in a more advanced position for a weaker team. He's scored a goal every other game and had 3 assists, although we don't need him to be creative in a holding role and his positional sense is very good in that position.

Honestly, it sounds like you're simply making the right type of statements to discount him rather than judging his period in that position fairly.

But I can see why you'd rather have Capoue with his 2% better pass completion stat and one less yellow card. :rolleyes:

He officially claims he moved to Manchester because he was being "molested" by girls every time he left his house or went out in Liverpool!

To me I rather think Ms. Fellaini gave the interview instead of the big guy :ph34r:

You know what I also like about Fellaini. This is the car he comes to practice with. Probably he will have 4 bentleys a Ferrari & 2 aston martins on his driveway... but still!

fellaini-corsa-0ce6c.jpg

lol

he could've just shaved his afro instead of moving houses, less logistics!

fair play for the car though

People need to get in their heads that Fellaini isnt what they think he is. Dont believe that he is the answer we are lookin for in the pivot. He is NOT. Also he is too bloody expensive.

Since he's already living in Manchester, better if he moves to City or United. We honestly don't need him as we have enough midfielders for the present and future.

fellaini-corsa-0ce6c.jpg

There are plenty of things that are more important than expensive cars. I am more concened about the size of the car

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You