Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the football pitch, DUH! (troll face)

The question is still valid. His best position is just off the striker... Will we move mata for him, obviously not. He isn't an out an out striker so he can't play up top, meaning we will have to play him at DM. Not his best position for me, but he would have to take a sort of yaya toure roll, meaning we would still have to play the likes of mikel next to him, and replace rambo.

The question is still valid. His best position is just off the striker... Will we move mata for him, obviously not. He isn't an out an out striker so he can't play up top, meaning we will have to play him at DM. Not his best position for me, but he would have to take a sort of yaya toure roll, meaning we would still have to play the likes of mikel next to him, and replace rambo.

His best position at Everton may well be just off the striker, but when we were first looking at him he was a DM. That's where he sees himself and that's where I think we see him too.

Actually I have not seen anyone comment on how versatile he is. He can play in the holding midfield role, in a double pivot, as a centre midfielder, an attacking midfielder, playing off the striker. and he has even been deployed as a striker a couple of times (FA Cup final). And with his height and strength I bet he could be deployed as a makeshift centre back in extreme emergencies. So he could be worth the money if we don't see him as purely a defensive midfielder.

Actually I have not seen anyone comment on how versatile he is. He can play in the holding midfield role, in a double pivot, as a centre midfielder, an attacking midfielder, playing off the striker. and he has even been deployed as a striker a couple of times (FA Cup final). And with his height and strength I bet he could be deployed as a makeshift centre back in extreme emergencies. So he could be worth the money if we don't see him as purely a defensive midfielder.

Spot on, he's a fantastic all around player who would fix our lack of balance and variation, remember people, variation and rotation wins matches, not one trick ponies, at best he could be a revelation, at worst a quality squad player, its a no brainer, despite what people say to, everton will take 15-20 million for him no bother, that money means too much to them to play hard ball and their transfer policy in the past reflects this.

This is what I said, the only reason we should buy Fellaini in my opinion is because he could give us different and varied options across the pitch.

Being versatile is a plus but I am more concerned of what can he bring to our team. Is he good enough passer to play as dpl ? How about his passing range (is he more lampard or xabi alonso) ? Can he drive team forward ala toure or to some extend rami ?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/football/

You need a subscription with the Times to read the whole article but you can get the drift with it - if this is true about a release clause then £22m would be a very good piece of business I feel. I assume that United and City will make moves for him too but hopefully our Belgian ties will swing the favour if it comes to it.

He'd probably go to united if he had the choice to be honest. He lives in Manchester anyway.

And if he goes all the people here that says he isnt good enough will yell why didnt we signed him...if there is chance, he would be very good buy. But I rather take Benat now.

And if he goes all the people here that says he isnt good enough will yell why didnt we signed him...if there is chance, he would be very good buy. But I rather take Benat now.

I think he could score 200 goals a season and Seb wouldn't like him :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You