Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised how underrated he is here by some people. I've been impressed with Marouane for 2 seasons now.

i 2nd that, he is a beast on his day, and lets face it he can play anywhere on the pitch if needed,

even his hair will allow him to play in goal, not a shot is getting past that FRO

Almost everyone tends to be overrated or underrated. It's the nature of this type of discussion. Either a player is amazing/world class/etc...or they're useless and need to be jettisoned immediately. Supporters often overreact to individual plays as well as small sample sizes. ("he made a bad pass, get rid of him" or "he looked great in this one game, he's amazing") The most overrated players tend to be players that haven't played yet at Chelsea. So, possible transfer targets and youngsters always get the "they're amazing" treatment because their ability is based on fleeting glimpses, youtube videos, a game or two, etc... Once players actually play regularly, it becomes obvious that they're flawed like 100% of players are. (and with youth players, it becomes obvious that they are almost never as good as the players they are replacing.) As for Romeu? Is he a fantastic, game-changing player? No, of course not. He's not remotely close to that, but it was a pretty good début season and he's still very young. I think he's fine as a backup DM.

No not everyone is underrated and overrated, some players are rated just fine. Also not everyone thinks a player is shit or world class, only idiots think like that.

Your statement about Romeu is a prove and contradicts your opening statement. You describe Romeu as neither world class or shit, but as a good decent squad player. And that's how i rate Romeu.

With the exception of Romeu, Mikel, and Sturridge most of the players are rated fine. Mikel and Sturridge are very underrated among our supporters.

No not everyone is underrated and overrated, some players are rated just fine. Also not everyone thinks a player is shit or world class, only idiots think like that.

Your statement about Romeu is a prove and contradicts your opening statement. You describe Romeu as neither world class or shit, but as a good decent squad player. And that's how i rate Romeu.

With the exception of Romeu, Mikel, and Sturridge most of the players are rated fine. Mikel and Sturridge are very underrated among our supporters.

I never said everyone thinks like this, but a lot of people do, especially when it comes to players on other teams. Just follow any of Euro matches and you'll see after a good performance "Chelsea should buy him" or after a bad performance "He's crap". Or, look at the transfer rumours when people talk about how fabulous or awful players are. Also, when people talk about our youth team, virtually every single player there is overrated. Most of the actually Chelsea squad is rated fairly accurately by the majority of fans and I'd agree with you that Mikel and Sturridge are both underrated. Overrated and underrated are odd terms because they are based purely on perception. For example, I think Ramires is a good player but I think he's overrated by people who think he's a top-notch player and underrated by people who think he's useless.

I'm surprised how underrated he is here by some people. I've been impressed with Marouane for 2 seasons now.

Well he is a beast, but if he is quoted near the same price as Tiote, then no way in hell is Marouane a bargain.

Tiote in the last 2 seasons has shown he is the boss of that role in the PL.

So a price range where you can choose from Tiote or Maroune, the easier choice would be Tiote.

I have only read page 14, couldn't be assed reading the last three but there would be no point in McEachran or Lakuku coming to Everton.

I agree, there isn't space for them over there!

p.s Jelavic was an absolute bargain for Everton!

The way people rate Tiote is ridiculous IMO. There are millions of midfielders like Tiote out there, he isn't anything special IMO. He wouldn't even be fit to tie Essien's (in his prime) laces.

Rate Fellaini higher simply because Fellaini offers more to the side rather than breaking off play and distributing it to your midfield partner (Cabaye in Tiote's case).

I find him overrated, I don't understand what makes the hype around him to be honest

http://www.rtbf.be/s...ball&type=video

Nothing for the moment from Chelsea, he's happy at Everton but if a big offer comes he'll have a look on it

Well, he is not turning heads like some other players, but he is a good quality DM. Really strong, good in air and his ball distribution is alright. It's down to what formation we will play next season and which players will leave. If we decide to play a 4-2-3-1 with 2 strong DMs then perhaps we will go for Fellaini. Perhaps we will want a different kind of midfielder who is turned more to creativity and technique or perhaps we won't go for a midfielder at all.

If we do sign Fellaini for something reasonable - 12m max then it would be a good transfer in my eyes. If not, well...not my money.

How about - Sign Fellaini for around £12mil (they need the cash), and loan Romeu to Everton as an instant replacement at their end.

THAT I'd be happy about. As long as Romeu gets to play.

The reason I want Fellaini is because he's tall as hell. We lost a lot of height with Drogba and with all the midgets we have now, we are very short and weak. We need that tall guy who can win some headers in the middle of the park, otherwise we're stuck with just one way of play, always have a plan B. Fellaini is a one man Plan B like Drogba, of course not as good, but at least he gives us that option. And the way he's played for Everton further up the pitch, he'd be great.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You