Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

How about - Sign Fellaini for around £12mil (they need the cash), and loan Romeu to Everton as an instant replacement at their end.

THAT I'd be happy about. As long as Romeu gets to play.

Funny.... if they need cash doesn't mean they are stupid :D They paid 20 mil for him....so they will sell him for only 25-30 mil...plus he has 4 years remaining in his contract...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I want Fellaini is because he's tall as hell. We lost a lot of height with Drogba and with all the midgets we have now, we are very short and weak. We need that tall guy who can win some headers in the middle of the park, otherwise we're stuck with just one way of play, always have a plan B. Fellaini is a one man Plan B like Drogba, of course not as good, but at least he gives us that option. And the way he's played for Everton further up the pitch, he'd be great.

I don't think many football games are won by the height of a central or defensive midfielder. You do need some height in central defence and depending on the style you play, the striker, but it's a very minimal advantage if any in midfield. Makalele is 5'7" and probably the best defensive midfielder we've ever had. Didier Deschamps had an incredible career and is 5'8" Dunga might be the best defensive midfielder ever and isn't even 5'10".

I don't think many football games are won by the height of a central or defensive midfielder. You do need some height in central defence and depending on the style you play, the striker, but it's a very minimal advantage if any in midfield. Makalele is 5'7" and probably the best defensive midfielder we've ever had. Didier Deschamps had an incredible career and is 5'8" Dunga might be the best defensive midfielder ever and isn't even 5'10".

No I don't mean we need a tall defensive midfielder, not at all. My point is that our TEAM needs some kind of aerial threat in the midfield/forward line. Nowhere did I say that a defensive midfielder has to be tall to be good.

When we had those average height defensive mid or center mids, we had height elsewhere in the midfield/forward line to compensate. Our team needs some height, and Fellaini addresses that.

The reason I want Fellaini is because he's tall as hell. We lost a lot of height with Drogba and with all the midgets we have now, we are very short and weak. We need that tall guy who can win some headers in the middle of the park, otherwise we're stuck with just one way of play, always have a plan B. Fellaini is a one man Plan B like Drogba, of course not as good, but at least he gives us that option. And the way he's played for Everton further up the pitch, he'd be great.

agree with the yellowed bit and the rest of the post.

the man's about 6'4 and a 1/2 tall.

Transfer Central TNC@TransferNewsCen

Marouane Fellaini on RTBF: "If Chelsea wants to sign me, I'd sign with them immediately." #EFC #CFC -S

Chelsea Rumours@ChelseaRumours

And finally, #CFC are looking to sign either Fellaini or Cabaye... Expect one to end up at #Chelsea soon. No bids made yet.

Transfer Central TNC@TransferNewsCen

Marouane Fellaini on RTBF: "If Chelsea wants to sign me, I'd sign with them immediately." #EFC #CFC -S

Chelsea Rumours@ChelseaRumours

And finally, #CFC are looking to sign either Fellaini or Cabaye... Expect one to end up at #Chelsea soon. No bids made yet.

How reliable is this chelsea rumours?? anyway Cabaye please!

If we do sign Fellaini for something reasonable - 12m max then it would be a good transfer in my eyes. If not, well...not my money.

Doubtful, my friend. Felllaini joined the Toffees for 16m.

In Cabaye's position we have Lampard and Ramiers, and in Fellaini's position we have Mikel, so no, we need the Belgium more.

What are you talking about? Ramires is not a deep lying playmaker. Frank has only recently re-invented himself as one. We have only Frank in that position and Mikel, Romeu and even Meireles/Essien for a DM spot. So no, we need the Frenchman more.

The 16m Everton paid for him will prove to be a blessing in disguise for us. Hopefully the club will realize that paying 20m+++ for him is too excessive when we can get Cabaye for much cheaper.

How reliable is this chelsea rumours?? anyway Cabaye please!

he isnt. He is not worth following, honest to god, i used to and caught him out a beaut. he gets his news from newspapers and twitter and passes it as ITK.

Basically, he will rewteet some journo or whatever (with chelsea news)... then his next tweet basically repeats what they've tweeted, but with his own spin. Example:

Somebody from the guardian tweets "Chelsea to bid for Jovetic claim Gazetta delo sport" Chelsea rumours retweets this.

Then, chelsea rumours next tweet is :

"I'm told by a very good source of mine based in Italy, that a bid for Jovetic is expected from Chelsea. No idea on fee or amount. Source is reliable"

He hasnt said this, but thats an example of what hes like

How about - Sign Fellaini for around £12mil (they need the cash), and loan Romeu to Everton as an instant replacement at their end.

THAT I'd be happy about. As long as Romeu gets to play.

essien, mikel, meireles, romeu (even lampard and ramires to an extent) can play CDM. no need for fellaini. the thing is none of the CDM's are creative. maybe lampard is better than the rest of them but we need a real creative source deep in our system. cabaye or moutinho is required not fellaini. as good as fellaini is defensively, we dont need him

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You