New Season

Kojo

The thing with Ramires is that he doesn't really fit into 4-2-3-1 formation.. he's been shoved to the wing, but it clearly isn't his favourable position. He will be pushed out from there eventually. He can't play the trequartista role, it's Mata's. The double pivot should ideally contain one deep playmaker and a defensive midfielder who sits back. Rami doesn't fit into the double pivot, it would restrict his game too much, hence his average performances there... he's all about box-to-box and counter-attacks. He can't be the deep-lying passer and he isn't very good as a defensive mid.

So we would either have to accomodate our formation to 4-3-3 (unsuitable for Mata), keep using him as a winger or force him into the double pivot, where he doesn't excel and our overall performances would suffer. I can see a problem for him once we get our wings sorted.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still sell Miereles and Essien if we could just get Tiote.

Tiote is top dog compare to these 2 at the moment.

Mikel..... at the moment I am undecided, but if you where to tell me that some team will pay a good fee for him I will take it and use some of the money to get someone else.

I would love to get Javi Martinez!

As far as Ramires being sold, I did not want to sell him a couple of months ago, and I still do not want to sell him, unless some ridiculous far fetch fee comes for him that we can't refuse.

At astronomical fees we can't say no. Those opportunities comes once in a lifetime!

The thing with Ramires is that he doesn't really fit into 4-2-3-1 formation.. he's been shoved to the wing, but it clearly isn't his favourable position. He will be pushed out from there eventually. He can't play the trequartista role, it's Mata's. The double pivot should ideally contain one deep playmaker and a defensive midfielder who sits back. Rami doesn't fit into the double pivot, it would restrict his game too much, hence his average performances there... he's all about box-to-box and counter-attacks. He can't be the deep-lying passer and he isn't very good as a defensive mid.

So we would either have to accomodate our formation to 4-3-3 (unsuitable for Mata), keep using him as a winger or force him into the double pivot, where he doesn't excel and our overall performances would suffer. I can see a problem for him once we get our wings sorted.

The 4-3-3 can be suitable for Mata, infact for me could be better.

Mata-Ramires

Tiote

Mata has the creative freedom, and can roam about anywhere he wants, as for Ramires and Tiote have much more work rate and Ramires covers. Mata can be the magic man, but i would much rather have a technical player there instead rather than Ramires, have someone who can pass a ball, because Tiote can do a lot of running about i assure you.

The 4-3-3 can be suitable for Mata, infact for me could be better.

Mata-Ramires

Tiote

Mata has the creative freedom, and can roam about anywhere he wants, as for Ramires and Tiote have much more work rate and Ramires covers. Mata can be the magic man, but i would much rather have a technical player there instead rather than Ramires, have someone who can pass a ball, because Tiote can do a lot of running about i assure you.

In 4-3-3 Mata doesn't have as much freedom, he'd need to be more defensive and more one sided. I believe AVB and Robbie never played Mata in a 4-3-3 midfield three, but rather as a false winger. And when they did play him centrally, the middle park was always clearly in a 2-1 shape, leaving Mata more advanced in the free trequartista role, which he couldn't be in in a 4-3-3.

What you described, I believe, is still the 4-2-3-1 formation, and you placed Ramires in the double pivot role. Okay, but I maintain that ideally there should be a deep passer, a la Lampard under Robbie. Rami can play there but it doesn't benefit his or the team's performances much, our possession and penetration would suffer. He's a rather one dimensional player, very direct, not as universal as Essien was.

In 4-3-3 Mata doesn't have as much freedom, he'd need to be more defensive and more one sided. I believe AVB and Robbie never played Mata in a 4-3-3 midfield three, but rather as a false winger. And when they did play him centrally, the middle park was always clearly in a 2-1 shape, leaving Mata more advanced in the free trequartista role, which he couldn't be in in a 4-3-3.

What you described, I believe, is still the 4-2-3-1 formation, and you placed Ramires in the double pivot role. Okay, but I maintain that ideally there should be a deep passer, a la Lampard under Robbie. Rami can play there but it doesn't benefit his or the team's performances much, our possession and penetration would suffer. He's a rather one dimensional player, very direct, not as universal as Essien was.

It's not 4-2-3-1 again, i'm not saying Mata is going to play centrally, i'm saying we should adapt him into a midfielder, he should sit back and help out and Ramires runs forward, get him doing more work and stuff, like City did with Silva.

It's not 4-2-3-1 again, i'm not saying Mata is going to play centrally, i'm saying we should adapt him into a midfielder, he should sit back and help out and Ramires runs forward, get him doing more work and stuff, like City did with Silva.

Hmm, that's another question already. You want to convert Mata into a more restricted central midfielder to benefit Rami's game, while just a second ago you wanted to sell him. Tbh, our defensive game would take quite a damage because Mata can't defend. 4-2-3-1 has been working well for us, I don't see why we would need to start tinkering with it and totally fucking up Mata's game.

Hmm, that's another question already. You want to convert Mata into a more restricted central midfielder to benefit Rami's game, while just a second ago you wanted to sell him. Tbh, our defensive game would take quite a damage because Mata can't defend. 4-2-3-1 has been working well for us, I don't see why we would need to start tinkering with it and totally fucking up Mata's game.

I don't want to benefit Ramires's game, it was nothing about me changing it because Ramires would be in the double pivot, it was my plan in the first place, because i would like to see Mata in a more central midfielder role.

I never said i wanted David Luiz CDM so shut it, and i have seen many users say he should get played there, infact i only wanted him to play in midfield for a while. Not adapt there, no one countered my arguement so shut it once again. And if you don't leave my thread i'll have to get the staff here immediately.

atleast,cut him some slack for being polite

I don't want to benefit Ramires's game, it was nothing about me changing it because Ramires would be in the double pivot, it was my plan in the first place, because i would like to see Mata in a more central midfielder role.

So you essentially want Mata to play the Lampard role back in the 4-3-3 days. Fair enough, I guess I'll just have to disagree with you on that one, I don't think he'd be suitable there.

Using 4:3:3

rami/moutinho-tiote/martinez/cabaye/mvila-mata/belhanda

hulk/hazard/danny-torres/danny/doumbia/cisse-marin/lavezzi

or 4:2:3:1

tiote/mvila/mikel/cabaye-ramires/moutinho/martinez/witsel

hulk/hazard/-mata/belhanda/kdb-lavezzi/ayew/marin

torres/doumbia/cisse/danny

I wouldnt buying striker yet, maybe Doumbia or Cisse, who would cost around 20 mio and are very good.

RB is obvious, Azpi would be great here - young and spanish, good going forward, but also great in defense

DM is unnecessary, no matter how good Mikel is or Essien, we have one of best defences (except Bosingwa) and that proves how good Mikel is.

That means Mikel plays standardly next season and I dont want to see Mikel-Tiote/Mvila pair, but something more creative CM who can defend aswell; options are Moutinho, Witsel, Modric or Martinez. Modric is less good in defense, but great in attack/starting actions. Martinez looks like young Xabi Alonso, also plays as CB, but I think Torres could profit with such buy Alonso-Gerrard-Torres or Martinez-Mata-Torres :) ). Both Modric and Martinez would cost extremly lot, Moutinho or Cabaye are cheaper. Moutinho is great in Porto with starting actions, but knows how to defend too (like young Meireles).

Creative CAM would be nice too, someone like Belhanda or Modric. Dont think the new player would actualy start, since we use 4:2:3:1, only one cam and that is already Mata. That means if we buy modric, he would be CM, if we buy Belhanda, he would be sub for Mata or left winger.

Wingers are required, two minimum. We already bought Marin, possibly starter or sub, we need another class winger ala Hulk or Hazard. Other options are Lavezzi, Ayew, Schurle, Muniain,...

My wishes are Hulk/Hazard, Ayew, Belhanda/Modric, Azpilicueta, Martinez/Moutinho, Doumbia/Cisse

Close expensive circle:

Mikel-Modric

Mata

Hulk/Hazard-Torres-Marin

+Azpi

Most possible

Mikel-Moutinho

Mata

Hulk-Torres-Marin

And Azpi plus someone like Ayew, Belhanda price range

-------

lot of options, only few will actualy happen and possibly transfers not even mentioned here.

Someone said we need new Anelka, well Ayew is perfect new Anelka for 20mio

Anyone knows who is creative man at Atletic Bilbao? Is it Ander Herrera or Oscar de Marcos?

If someone of these two it would be nice to buy one, considering he wouldnt cost less than Muniain or Martinez.

Also as I remember we were never "superstar" buying club, we looked after players that know team play, are solid, strong and mediocore, but talented and very good at club they were playing. Players like Ballack, Malouda, Anelka, Essien, Mikel, Lamps, Drogba, J Cole,...They were not marked as superstars, costed usualy around 10-20mio and they proved great deals. The only players, like superstars and costed lot were strikers; Pizzaro, Sheva, Torres, Crespo and never realy paid off. Possibly we are team that dont want superstars, but team workers that play for club. Maybe we should stick to fact 'less is more' and try buy players like: Azpi, Belhanda, Ayew, Cabaye, de Marcos and Ross Barkley

Just saying, I would love see players like Hulk, Hazard,...but big money players never paid off here, strikers specialy, most recently Torres and Lukaku(who still has lot time to prove).

Using 4:3:3

rami/moutinho-tiote/martinez/cabaye/mvila-mata/belhanda

hulk/hazard/danny-torres/danny/doumbia/cisse-marin/lavezzi

or 4:2:3:1

tiote/mvila/mikel/cabaye-ramires/moutinho/martinez/witsel

hulk/hazard/-mata/belhanda/kdb-lavezzi/ayew/marin

torres/doumbia/cisse/danny

I wouldnt buying striker yet, maybe Doumbia or Cisse, who would cost around 20 mio and are very good.

RB is obvious, Azpi would be great here - young and spanish, good going forward, but also great in defense

DM is unnecessary, no matter how good Mikel is or Essien, we have one of best defences (except Bosingwa) and that proves how good Mikel is.

That means Mikel plays standardly next season and I dont want to see Mikel-Tiote/Mvila pair, but something more creative CM who can defend aswell; options are Moutinho, Witsel, Modric or Martinez. Modric is less good in defense, but great in attack/starting actions. Martinez looks like young Xabi Alonso, also plays as CB, but I think Torres could profit with such buy Alonso-Gerrard-Torres or Martinez-Mata-Torres :) ). Both Modric and Martinez would cost extremly lot, Moutinho or Cabaye are cheaper. Moutinho is great in Porto with starting actions, but knows how to defend too (like young Meireles).

Creative CAM would be nice too, someone like Belhanda or Modric. Dont think the new player would actualy start, since we use 4:2:3:1, only one cam and that is already Mata. That means if we buy modric, he would be CM, if we buy Belhanda, he would be sub for Mata or left winger.

Wingers are required, two minimum. We already bought Marin, possibly starter or sub, we need another class winger ala Hulk or Hazard. Other options are Lavezzi, Ayew, Schurle, Muniain,...

My wishes are Hulk/Hazard, Ayew, Belhanda/Modric, Azpilicueta, Martinez/Moutinho, Doumbia/Cisse

Close expensive circle:

Mikel-Modric

Mata

Hulk/Hazard-Torres-Marin

+Azpi

Most possible

Mikel-Moutinho

Mata

Hulk-Torres-Marin

And Azpi plus someone like Ayew, Belhanda price range

-------

lot of options, only few will actualy happen and possibly transfers not even mentioned here.

Someone said we need new Anelka, well Ayew is perfect new Anelka for 20mio

Anyone knows who is creative man at Atletic Bilbao? Is it Ander Herrera or Oscar de Marcos?

If someone of these two it would be nice to buy one, considering he wouldnt cost less than Muniain or Martinez.

That's way too much money spent, you cannot think we will buy 3 players at least who have the price tags of 30 million each!.

But i love you anyway and what you say is always right!.

That's way too much money spent, you cannot think we will buy 3 players at least who have the price tags of 30 million each!.

But i love you anyway and what you say is always right!.

Not to buy all players, but few on that list.

Lol, you are funny

Not to buy all players, but few on that list.

Lol, you are funny

BlueLyon i just admire you in every way, i think you're perfect, keep it up and you might... and i mean might just get on Henri's level.

BlueLyon i just admire you in every way, i think you're perfect, keep it up and you might... and i mean might just get on Henri's level.

OH MY GOD, WHAT AM I SAYING!. BlueLyon leave please, i cannot believe what i have done. Forgive me Henri!.