New Season

Kojo

People maybe worrying now, but i'm trying my best to forget this season and think about next. Because that's where our main problems are lying, are we going to overhaul the squad?. It sounds like with FFP we can't do it, because we can't spend big, but can we still do it?.

Now in this thread i want to see everyones ideas on our new line up next season, what signings we should have.

But wait, i don't want any of those stupid next season XI threads we've had lots of, because for me they're unrealistic. Reading most peoples line ups we are buying 3 world class players who are going to spend 30 million on each, that wont be possible for us. So to be more realistic i'm going to name realistic signings and how much we can probably get them for.

So i'm going to list who i want in, and who i want out.

IN

Victor Moses - We can probably get Moses for 4 million, good price for the talented player he is. He's a young player who can play on right wing left wing, he posses flair, quick feet, trickery, pace and seems to score about 4-5 goals a season for Wigan. Which is a good thing, because he can score more for us, the thing with Moses is that Wigan can't seem to get the ball to him enough, i think if we can get the ball to him as much times as he needs it. He can cause some real damage... And he did start out as a striker he did, but he's turning out to be a natural winger, and he gets played there all the time now, great at cutting in. This player doesn't have to start, he can be a great option, instead of having Kalou and Malouda who we have to play when the squad gets tired. Yesterday was a big example of that.

Cheik Tiote - A possible 13 million or over, if Newcastle get top 4, then we will have to spend big. Because otherwise why else would he want to come here?, if we aren't in Champions League and he is. Now this player for me is the best defensive midfielder in the league, posses great pace and strenth his phsyical ability is just quality, he saves trouble for back 4 fantastic tackler. I watch this player almost every game, i think he's quality, possibly world class. But has to prove it at a big club, when he's injured Newcastle always seem to struggle. Good news though, our scouts were at the Newcastle Vs Man U game where Tiote hammered Rooney to pieces, and our scouts were appearently looking at Tiote, so we might be expecting him at the end of the season.

Creative Midfielder - I don't think we need to spend on a world class one, honeslty, even someone like Cabaye would of done for 4.5 million, someone cheap we can get who can pass a ball and has some vision with a good work rate. I don't know who but i know they are but they're out there, you get a lot of these talents in the french league and bundesliga who wont cost loads.

Right Back - A back up player for Ivanovic, one who is more attacking than defending though, doesn't have to be quality, just a good player will do. Ivanovic has to be our main right back, i don't know who to get but we don't need to spend loads, even a 28 year old or someone who can do the job will do. You seem to get a lot of these defensive full backs who are good going forward in the Serie A.

Right Winger - Now this one is the one where i think we have to splash the cash out on, or look for a really god one and buy one, we need a winger with bags of pace, who can cross and cause trouble to defences. Sturridge can cause trouble but he always seems to fuck up, he gets to selfish and takes a shot instead and he isn't a natural winger he's a player getting played out of position and you can tell that. Don't know how much we will have to spend, but hopefully not too much money.

Centre Back - Yes you are probably surprised, but i think we need another back up centre back, doesn't matter how old he is but preferably below 31 at least, someone with experience and wont mind getting benched, like United had Wes Brown, and Arsenal have tonnes of centre backs even though most of them are flops. Liverpool now have Carragher on the bench. City have this problem, because they had to play Savic and he just wasn't ready and it cost them points. Also to rotate this will help, it's not like he will be sitting on the bench forever, he will play a lot when we rotate, because we rotate a lot. But we don't need to spend a lot of money.

Out

Malouda - Useless player, but could possibly get a decent amount off him, Juventus wanted him for like 9 million at the begining of the season right?, well he might be like worth 5 or 4 now, so we can get a decent amount off him.

Kalou - Another terrible player, he will probably sell for the same amount Malouda will, so on these two players we might be able to just make almost 10 million which will be good on two awful players.

Mikel - Look at the moment you guys might not want it, but for me he has to go. He won't flourish, he's been past his prime potential years, and he seems to have that form then flops, which he will do soon on i can garauntee. We need to sell him now where we can get the best possible price for him, as for this player i don't know how much we can sell him for, i really don't. Could be a good price if someone can see his true potential in a different league, such as the Serie A where he will be good.

Meireles - We don't have to sell this player, i have faith he will be better in a better squad. But it's a possibility that it will be best if we sell him instead, we do need squad players yes, but perhaps were better off with some money now. We can sell him for probs 10 million at most, but i think we will sell him for 9 million.

Drogba - Has to leave, clear some space in this squad, and i think it's his time now. He wont accept staying on the bench lets face it, every club has to let there legends leave, for this player i am confident we can get at least 6 million off him, yes i'm serious i think we can because of his reputation etc.

Bosingwa - Total liability in defence, just get rid of him. We can get probably 3 or 4 million at best for him, because who the fuck will want this player really?.

So here we are possibly spending just over 60 million if we do this, could be wrong, just depending on how much the backups are really. But at the same time with selling the players we need out (including Meirelese if we want to sell him or keep him as a squad player), we can probably get almost 40 million off all of them, which is good for the club in my opinion. Even though when it comes to balancing we are 20 million off and not making a profit, but it's still a good sum.

Obviously i could be wrong, infact we could find i'm so wrong it's scary, but yeah...

As for the line up... (and i'm going to do this upside down because i prefer it)

Moses/KDB-Torres/Sturridge-Right Winger

Mata/KDB-Tiote/Romeu-Ramires

Cole/Bertrand-Terry-Luiz/Cahill-Ivanovic

Cech

Or...

Mata/KDB/Moses-Torres/Sturridge-Right Winger

Creative Midfielder-Tiote/Romeu-Ramires/Meireles

Cole/Bertrand-Terry-Luiz/Cahill-Ivanovic

Cech

We can also send KDB out on loan if we want to because the squad will be safe enough, and yeah Mata in midfield can work, think David Silva. Have Ramires more defensive with more work rate and Tiote there, Mata the free roam player who makes magic, two natural wingers at touch line spreading out defence, Mata there to do damage, Ramires there to make runs and get forward and test the midfielders and defence tracking him back. Then Sturridge or Torres the main striker doing what they do best, also being a target man. Mata can be the main man with help of good players, he can be much more better. That's why we don't need to buy a world class creative player, we don't need to keep Mata on the left or centre, we can put him in midfield.

This is what i think anyway. I would be glad to see everyone elses or opinions of mine or what ever really.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out :

-Malouda

-Kalou

-Drogba

-Ferreira

-Bosingwa

-Essien

In :

- Mauricio Isla

- Cavani or Soldado

- Kagawa

-Tioté or Witsel

- Adam Johnson or Lavezzi or Jovetic

- Jordi Alba

Line up:

---------------Cech-------------

Iva/Isla-Luiz-Terry-Jordi Alba

-----------Romeu--Witsel-----

Sturridge/Johnson-Kagawa/Lavezzi-Mata

------------------Cavani--------

Out :

-Malouda

-Kalou

-Drogba

-Ferreira

-Bosingwa

-Essien

In :

- Mauricio Isla

- Cavani or Soldado

- Kagawa

-Tioté or Witsel

- Adam Johnson or Lavezzi or Jovetic

- Jordi Alba

Line up:

---------------Cech-------------

Iva/Isla-Luiz-Terry-Jordi Alba

-----------Romeu--Witsel-----

Sturridge/Johnson-Kagawa/Lavezzi-Mata

------------------Cavani--------

Interesting, i haven't seen Kagawa that much, and i think Lavezzi will be much cheaper than people expected. Adam Johnson is good, i was going to put him but for some reason i don't think he will sign for us. I disagree with Alba but he's a quality player, the reason i disagree is because i think bertrand deserves the chance, plus he can save us money by just giving him the chance instead of spending. I haven't seen Isla player either i don't think, is he any good?. I like most of you're buys they look good. Cavani will cost a bomb but might just be worth it. Sturridge on the right can save us money but i don't think he will accept it as his position.

Sadly for us Drogba, Kalou and Bosingwa will all be leaving for free if they're not offered contract extensions so no income from letting them go.

OUT:

Drogba

Kalou

Bosingwa

Meireles (8-10m)

Malouda (4-5m)

Essien (no clue on how much he'd go for considering the injuries and bad form)

Cole (5-10m)

IN:

Kakuta (loan)

De Bruyne (loan)

McEachran (loan)

1-3 wingers

a CM

a right back

a left back

Kakuta, De Bruyne and McEachran all at least for a minor role and they could get a decent amount of minutes in the Europa League :Goober: and through rotation in other games as well.

At least a couple of new wingers and a new "creative" central midfielder are needed. Players like Jovetic, Kagawa, Lavezzi, Hazard, Hulk, Di Maria, Gaitan, Lucas Moura are all dream buys and to get even one player like that and then some decent squad players like A. Johnson or Albrighton etc. in addition to that would be very good business for Chelsea. As for the central midfielder I'd just want someone who has at least half a brain and can pass the ball quickly to wingers and the one playing in #10 role.

Perhaps bring in a new striker too if Torres were to be sold. Haven't decided yet whether or not I'd like to keep him or just cut our losses and sell him to any club willing to pay at least 20m for him and then use that money to buy a striker who can actually score goals.

Bertrand could easily take Cole's place in the team and then just bring in someone with smaller wages than Cole to rotate with Ryan at LB. When Bosingwa is gone then another right back is needed too to cover for Ivanovic but nothing too expensive because Brana would still play the majority of games and a secondary RB is not a priority at the moment.

Don't know how all this would be viewed regarding the FFP rules. Just hope they don't fuck things up and we can't buy any decent players. :cry:

I wish the club would do with Drogba what United are doing with Berbatov. They're going to extend his contract, but still allow him to leave in June so that he doesn't walk away on a free, he's agreed to it and clubs will pay so it's not a problem.

Just like Drogba, clubs will always pay. So the club and he should compromise and extend his deal by a year, but allow him to leave. It's a fix that is mutually beneficial.

Many of you have forgotten about Ulises Davila on loan at Vitesse, Who I believe can play anywhere across the front three or in the hole. Not much playing time at Vitesse but a prospect. Your also forgetting that the new Chelsea manager/coach may not like any of these proposed players............. Then again He may not have a choice.

What really infuriates me about what has happened in recent years is not so much the team we have now it's with more clever purchases our team would still be great team.

An over the hill Deco over Modric in 2008, who's 'clever' idea was it?

We could have got players like Cabaye, Ciisse and Ben Arfa for the money we spent on £13m a goal Torres.

£17m on Bosingwa when we could have just kept Glen Johnson, i think Johnson's shite but that's not the point.

Roman has spent nearly £500m since he brought the club and we are left with a team worse than when he took over, who the hell is responsible for that?

i would LOVE to see a nice re-vamp of the squad not jus fiorst team in the summer id go for

IN

Victor Moses

Jovetic

Azipilicueta

Giovinco

OUT

Malouda

Kalou

Drogba

Bosingwa

Essien

and would love to see DeBruyne gettin some game time along with the new faces too! lukaku gettin regular sub appearances and romeu rotated would be great

I love the Tiote and Moses shout.

Very good players that won't cost much.

I would also add A. Jonhson and De Jong from City if there is a chance to get them.

Last I still like Frei and Albrihton.

I think from the PL these are the only players I would look at to see which one we can get.

Outside of the PL I still like Azpilicueta, Hazard, Cavani, Canales and Javi Martinez. Then there is the one recently mention like Isla, Jovetic, and Kagawa.

With that list we can easily get 3 or 4 players to replace 5 that we let go. The most expensive obviously is going to be Hazard and Cavani, but if we can't spend that much there are other good targets we can get.

I don't think there's a need for so many new players especially defenders. Kevin and Pizaro are probably just as good players as Moses and do we really want another defensive midfielder ? agree with a creative midfielder if josh isn't going to be played though. And we definitely need a clear out.

Out

Meireles

Kalou

Malouda

Drogba

Mikel

Boswinga

Essien

Cole

It would be better IMO if we had a 'true' transition season where Lukaku, McEachran, Bertrand etc. all get regular starts in the league. It will be to our benefit in the future if we have a good young core of players playing together from a young age. Look what Barcelona do with their young players- they take a gamble and give the likes of Tello and Cuenca. If they are playing for their club from as young an age as possible they will learn more.

Having said that I think we undoubtedly need a winger who can actually cross. Jordi Alba would be a possibility although if we really want proven quality I would try to get Di Maria. A skilful players who will run at people without falling over his own feet like Kalou, very capable of using both feet, can cross and can finish.

What I find most frustrating is that the likes of Real Madrid, Man U etc. are able to go out and find quality like Di Maria, Nani, Higuain from smaller clubs yet our board and scouting network is absolutely hopeless and would rather go and sign Deco and Kalou. We have made very few true quality signings in the last 5 years. Ivanovic has probably been our best signing since 2007.

Does our board genuinely think it would not be a good idea to set up a large scouting system and youth academy in a talent hotspot like South America like what Porto and Benfica do? Look at the quality which Porto have got cheaply through their South American scouting. We are lagging way behind these clubs in terms of our scouting.

Goalkeepers: Čech should still be our main goalkeeper next season, he is young for goalkeeper and relatively experienced. Sell Hilario and buy solid goalkeeper from Premier League - we can't experiment with goalies. Robert Green, Michel Vorm or Ali Al-Habsi would all be perfect. Underrated goalkeepers, who could compete with Čech for spot in starting eleven. Keep Turnubll as our third choice. Courtois and Delač should be loaned next season too.

Right backs: Branislav Ivanović should be our first choice at right-back, when we play against top teams. Bosingwa will probably leave as a free transfer. Now there are only Ferreira and Hutchinson left. None of them are ready to play full 90 minutes against top teams. We should look for good right back, his price should be somewhere around 10 millions. He should absolutely be attacking to play against weaker team, where attack should be our main priority and Branislav isn't capable of it. I would love Azpilicueta here. Ben Gordon has no future at our club.

Central backs: Our strongest position probably. We have Terry, Luiz, Cahill and even Ivanović. All of them should be kept and we should start Cahill-Luiz partnership more often. We should also keep Bruma in our team next season in case of injuries. Although, Kalaš should be sent on loan.

Left backs: This may be crazy, but sell Cole untill he's still worth something. Real was interested in him few years ago and probably a lot of teams would pop up for English International left back. We could get 10 millions for Cole probably. We would also reduce influence of older players in our dressing room. Bertrand should be our first choice as a left back next season. Patrick van Aanholt should be kept as our second choice for left back and if you want we can play Ferreira as a left back too.

Holding midfielders: With the style of game we play - good defensive midfielder is a must. We can't see full potential of our midfielders, because they don't have holding midfielder behind them and they're afraid to lose ball. Mikel should be sold and we could use this money to buy Tiote - this is no-brainer. He's the best holding midfielder in the league and he reminds me of Essien in his best years. Our second choice should be Oriol Romeu.

Box to box midfielders: Best box to box midfielder we have is Ramires - he should be our first choice too. Sell Essien for the same reason as Cole. We don't need to buy anyone new - Lampard, Meireles and McEachran are all still there.

Creative midfielders: Play Juan Mata as a CAM - no more left wings please, he's real number 10. Keep Yossi Benayoun, De Bruyne and Piazon too. Ulises Davila should stay on loan at Vitesse.

Right Wingers: Salomon Kalou will leave, so buy Junior Hoilett from Blackburn - great player. I'd love to see Jesus Navas here too, but it looks like we are tottaly un-interested in him, so maybe Hulk for a reasonable price, if not - keep Sturridge.

Strikers: Didier Drogba will probably leave as a free agent too. Keep Fernando as our first stiker, but if a crazy bid from Anzhi comes - we must accept it for every player they bid, not just Fernando. Buy also second stiker in case that Torres leaves - Demba Ba or Barrios or Negredo - all would do fine. We can also play Sturridge here if it's a must. Lukaku should go on loan - we don't want another wasted talent.

Left Wingers: Sell Malouda to Juventus if they're still interested. We should really spend big on this position so Hazard please. No really, with financial fair play comming we need to buy players which are good for present and future and Hazard is surely one of them. Also, leave De Bruyne as a second choice and send Kakuta on loan again.

My starting eleven:

Čech

Ivanović - Luiz - Cahill - Bertrand

Tiote - Ramires

Navas - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Nice post Sloth B)

The positions you have mentioned are definitely in need of reinforcements but i think you should include the need for wingers on both flanks. I among the majority are aware that Mata doesn't really have the pace nor strength to handle the task of flanking the wings in a 4-3-3 system. He's certainly equipped with the flair and creativity that we are looking for in the center of the park but it seems whenever he is moved into that position there are no natural wingers present making daring runs from wide cutting across the opposition's full-backs into the channels where Mata likes to slide weighted passes into.

As for the right back situation, yes we do need another attacking right back who can beat a player and cross the ball accurately into the box successfully more often than not. We don't need reminding of Bosingwa's awful season at Chelsea this year and it's more than apparent the time for him to pack his bags and leave his Blue shirt on the bed of his London home is well overdue! Ivan has been excellent this season, that is all!

Addressing the other position's you have again hit the nail on the head though i would like to see a younger center back come in as i can't see how signing somebody as old as 30 could help the obvious problem that is killing us at the moment, Age! Seeing as JT is getting any younger, maybe promote one of the exciting talents we have bred in our youth academy?.. lol

All in all next season promises to be an interesting one. I hope whoever takes the reigns at our beloved club can transform us into a title winning team again with bright and sexy footballers wearing the Chelsea blue!