New Season

Kojo

I'm almost certain that Marin won't be the ONLY attack minded player we sign this summer. I fully expect 4-5 signings for the first team squad.

But I think he'll be the only one attacking minded player. There is Kakuta, De Bruyne coming next season from loans. We would probably sign 2-3 new players, one in defence and one in midfield.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I think he'll be the only one attacking minded player. There is Kakuta, De Bruyne coming next season from loans. We would probably sign 2-3 new players, one in defence and one in midfield.

I'm pretty sure we are going to go all out to buy Hulk. Don't ask me why, just a feeling he's the one the club have wanted for 2-3 years and finally Porto seem prepared to sell him for something like a respectable fee.

I'm pretty sure we are going to go all out to buy Hulk. Don't ask me why, just a feeling he's the one the club have wanted for 2-3 years and finally Porto seem prepared to sell him for something like a respectable fee.

Yes, I have the same feeling. Just hope what we hear from media, is at least half true. If we actualy are closing to sign Hulk and we complete it in the coming week, would be excelent.

As long as the fee is at most, 35 million.

Wow. You think Cavani is going to come here and surpass Drogba? Our best ever striker? The hero for us on so many great nights? Cavani is going to surpass Mr Wembley?

I'm amazed that after all these years people still don't show Drogba the respect he truly deserves.

I remember everybody wanted to get rid of Drogba when Torres was signed. He was also supposed to 'surpass' Didier.

If Cavani comes here and has even half the Chelsea career Drogba has had then he will have done well. But surpass Drogba? Have a word with yourself.

Drogba is Chelsea's best Striker ever, eh? I'm sure every generation will have something different to say.

I'm surprised that you implied that I have no respect for Drogba. Is it wrong for me that I want Drogba to be surpassed like all these men have been?

bbt185.jpgjimmy-greaves_1014309c.jpgBobbyTambling.jpgEMP-2308909.jpgossierip.jpgb829206c-463c-44b1-a76d-468655924dcd_6347818f-9a90-4723-8f59-31b8749781fc.jpg%25ED%2595%2598%25EC%2585%2580%25EB%25B0%2594%25EC%259E%2589%25ED%2581%25AC3.jpg

True, one day, someone will come along and knock Drogba off his perch. There's only 2 players in history that can confidently say we'll never be surpassed, Pele and Maradona.

Messi and Ronaldo belong with those freaks. I think no one will truly appreciate these two untill they retire. How many modern players can boast over 100 goals in less than three seasons? It took Drogba eight seasons just to reach 100 league goals.

If Argentina win a World Cup and Messi plays a big part in that, he'll certainly be discussed in the same breath as Pele and Maradona. He's done everything else, breaking records at an alarming rate. Barring some sort of sudden decline, the international glory is all that's really missing.

In my mind Franz Beckenbauer and Johan Cryuff are the best players ever, followed by Maradona.

I never bought into Pélé, I don't doubt his ability but I think he just an old bastard frantically trying to hold onto his past glory.

If there would be a best player ever, and in my opinion there isn't, it would be Cruijff imo. His 65th birthday was this week and it received a lot of media attention. In VI (Dutch football magazine) was an extensive report about his life and it also mentioned that Michels wasn't really the inventor of total football and Cruijff should have got more credit for the invention of Total Football. He 'invented' (not on his own) this while he still was a player!

I am probably biased by my dutch nationality (although I am not a proud Dutchmen) but the man is really a genius/God when it comes to football. He is annoying but he didn't become an idiot like Maradonna and Pele. Guardiola even gave him credit for Barca's current achievements.

Furthermore, I do believe Drogba is one of our best strikers ever and when the day comes that he leaves us. We should gave him a beautiful farewell.

In my mind Franz Beckenbauer and Johan Cryuff are the best players ever, followed by Maradona.

I never bought into Pélé, I don't doubt his ability but I think he just an old bastard frantically trying to hold onto his past glory.

Zidane has to be mentioned in that list. He was mesmerizing. No one pulls off the Roulette move like he does.

France were shit in Group stages of the 2006 WC and Zidane Turned it on in the knock outs.

Player of the last decade and a half

I made this post in the General Transfer Talk. I've updated the stats. If anyone wants me to make something like this again but with different players I will.

The following players will bring us sucess.

Yohan Cabaye

yohan-cabaye-ne-serait-pas-contre-un-depart-pour-bordeaux-ou1.jpg

Newcastle United

Position - CM (Regista)

Appearances - 35

Goals - 5

Assists - 9

The French Xabi Alonso, in my eyes. He sublime passing technique, Free Kick accuracy and contributes a lot defensively. We currently have no player that is similar to Cabaye in our squad and a Regista is absolutely pertinent to our future success.

Esteban Granero

esteban-granero-1.jpg

Real Madrid

Position - CM (Regista)

Appearances - 25

Goals - 0

Assists - 1

The much maligned Madridista's first two seasons at Real Madrid were fantastic, however he has found himself out of favour this season. He is very similar to Cabaye, however with a Midfield pair of Cabaye and Granero will not only offer a lot in attack and defense but will control the tempo and of games. Though it should be said Mourinho is regretful that he has put Granero in the situation he is in.

Mathieu Debuchy

french-national-team-soccer-players-kiss-france-NT-football.jpg

LOSC Lille

Position - RB (Attacking)

Appearances - 33

Goals - 5

Assists - 1

A position that has felt the wrath of Chelsea fans since Paulo Ferreira's second season. Debuchy is your typical modern Fullback, likes to attack and is obliged to defend. Luckily he has great stamina so he attack and defend with ease. Better the Gregory Van Der Wiel and less injury prone that César Aspilicueta, Debucy may be our only hope to fill the dreaded RB position.

Eden Hazard

8532345.jpg

LOSC Lille

Position - Winger / AM (Trequartista)

Appearances - 43

Goals - 18

Assists - 14

No young player in Europe (maybe besides Mario Götze) currently generates such a massive circle jerk among fans. Fast, technical, dynamic, genius, there simply isn't enough adjectives to describe the Belgian. Every knows want he can do, and everyone knows why he is a desitable transfer.

Edison Cavani

cavani%7E1.jpg

S.S.C. Napoli

Position - Striker (Target Man)

Appearances - 38

Goals - 31

Assists - 5

El Matador... if Juan Mata is a matador for his agility and nimbleness; then Cavani is a matador because of his tenacity and ferocity. He reminds me a lot of Drogba but truly is a completely different animal, but mark my words he will surpass Drogba if he signs for us. Work ethic, stamina, power, pace, technique; he is complete.

Ezequiel Lavezzi

250000688.jpg

S.S.C. Napoli

Position - Winger / AM (Trequartista)

Appearances - 37

Goals - 11

Assists - 9

Lavezzi is the most important player in Napoli. His stats don't scream it, but his pace, passing and dribbling contribute massively to every scoring oppurtunity created by Napoli. Think David Silva except ten times faster and is mostly restricted to the wing positions, he is that good.

Excellent work.

We have torres therefore i dont want a similar striker. Hence Cavani to replace Drogba.

I dont want Lavezzi he wastes alot of chances. A richer version of Kalou.

Id take Cabaye over Modric. He is cheaper and IMO had a better season than Modric.

One of Hazard or Kagawa would do.

A RB too please.

I dont want Lavezzi he wastes alot of chances. A richer version of Kalou.

What the fuck man? :fainthv9:

Lavezzi is an outstanding player and while he may not be a clinical finisher like Cavani that doesn't mean he's not a good player. If you'd watched Napoli you would know he creates most of their goal-scoring chances and that's exactly what Chelsea is lacking at the moment.

And what's wrong with Kalou? :Goober:

We need a quality central midfielder and 1 more winger imo. We need hulk or Hazard and we need a midfielder that has Lampards eye for goal.

I really like Gylfi Sigurdsson, i've watched him closely a lot because i keep thinking 'Frank Lampard' when i see him. He is as close that i have seen to Lampard. He plays the same position, has the eye for a goal and a pass and he's so influential in what his team does. He's also very young and he wont cost much. I think he's a fantastic player and one that could rule our midfield for 10 years. He's apparently worth like 6-7m so get him now before he's worth 20m+

Zidane has to be mentioned in that list. He was mesmerizing. No one pulls off the Roulette move like he does.

France were shit in Group stages of the 2006 WC and Zidane Turned it on in the knock outs.

Player of the last decade and a half

I don't know how but I completely forgot about Zidane, one of my favourite players of all time.