New Season

Kojo

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Malouda will move on this season...there's nothing left for him to win, and he knows he's not going to reclaim a starting spot. He'll probably seek a move back to France, or Brazil where he said he always wanted to play.

Essien is a slightly different case. Ironically he's now dependent on the club, when it used to be the other way around. I still feel, if he has a decent pre-season, he can be used as a squad option, filling in like Belletti used to.

Well if Essien can be kept as a squad option, then why did we let go of Kalou?

Essien's past his prime, the injuries have really killed that energy, extra bite he used to bring into our midfield, it'd be best for all parties if Essien is allowed to move on for a decent fee.

Well if Essien can be kept as a squad option, then why did we let go of Kalou?

Essien's past his prime, the injuries have really killed that energy, extra bite he used to bring into our midfield, it'd be best for all parties if Essien is allowed to move on for a decent fee.

Essien can still be used a defensive mid when Mikel or someone else isn't available. When you look at the players coming in or coming back, such as DeBruyne, Benayoun, Marin and Kakuta, they're all attacking mids/wingers. McEachran is the only 'new' option in central midfield.

As far as Kalou goes,..he hasn't been released officially. If I'm correct, the club will leave Kalou's contract extension in the hands of the new manager.

Lampard is playing like a second DM, while Mata is now playing the role of a ACM. Mata skills and pass are enormous. I think our mid is good enough right now: Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Mata.

I think our mid is good enough because I think our biggest goal next season to build another team. We need another striker, since Drogba or Torres are leaving, or maybe both, and we need some wingers, and of course a right back to replace Bos.

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole; Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Mata; Hulk, Falcao/Cavani/Torres.

Brilliant post, completely agree. Only thing I would slightly change is perhaps having another creative midfielder/winger that we can call upon. Unless we keep Yossi.

Brilliant post, completely agree. Only thing I would slightly change is perhaps having another creative midfielder/winger that we can call upon. Unless we keep Yossi.

kdb and marin will replace kalouda. don't think we need benayoun then although he has done okay at arsenal

I never understood why we let Benayoun go on loan or for that matter even sign him at all.Injuries did play a part in his short spell at Chelsea but after recovering,he played well.The best thing about him was his understanding with Torres,he could pick out his runs and as a result provide him the passes our number 9 wanted.

He had a good loan spell at rivals Arsenal and he showed there that he can be the perfect squad player.Scored some good goals there and passed well.No point now on contemplating what he could have done here,season is over and he had a good season.Pity he didn't have it with us or the chance to win trophies.

My Line up for next season would be:

--------Torres/Falcao

-------Hazard Mata

Marin Essien/Fellaini Hulk

Cole Terry Luiz Ivanovic

------------Cech

Subs: Courtois, Cahill, Lamps, Ramires, New RB, Lukaku, Sturridge, KDB

My Line up for next season would be:

--------Torres/Falcao

-------Hazard Mata

Marin Essien/Fellaini Hulk

Cole Terry Luiz Ivanovic

------------Cech

Subs: Courtois, Cahill, Lamps, Ramires, New RB, Lukaku, Sturridge, KDB

With a lineup like that we would end up conceding at least 3 goals every match but probably score even more. At least people would stop complaining about Chelsea playing boring football. :ph34r:

With a lineup like that we would end up conceding at least 3 goals every match but probably score even more. At least people would stop complaining about Chelsea playing boring football. :ph34r:

I rather lose a game with 2-3 .... then have another run of BORING 1-1 games like we had plenty of last season :)!!

Eventually we will always gain more points by winning a few more than list 10 draws and lose 20 points by doing so!

Just give us attractive football in season 2012-2013 please :blue scalf: