New Season

Kojo

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys think we should sell Sturridge? He is frustrating, and seemingly becoming like Kalouda. It might be worth it to keep him around for one more year and try him as a ST rather than a winger which means not playing on the wings whatsoever next season, and playing alone up front.

You guys think we should sell Sturridge? He is frustrating, and seemingly becoming like Kalouda. It might be worth it to keep him around for one more year and try him a a ST rather than a winger which means not playing on the wings whatsoever next season, and playing alone up front.

€25 Million. DONE! Or a trade could be on the cards. Some users like the idea of Dzeko, so why not a direct swap?

€25 Million. DONE! Or a trade could be on the cards. Some users like the idea of Dzeko, so why not a direct swap?

What if he leaves, plays as a ST for another team and than starts banging in goals? I think he should and will get another season. Hopefully as a ST.

Don't think Sturridge should be sold or traded.

Still young.

If people made a case for Kalou and Mikel years ago cause they where younger, then surely this will be one of them.

Another season or two will be good to see what he can do.

What if he leaves, plays as a ST for another team and than starts banging in goals? I think he should and will get another season. Hopefully as a ST.

What teams can afford him in England? Not many. He'll stay, I'm confident.

Sturridge is having a bad spell, ffs is it the first time you see a player having a bad spell? Don't give up now.. He's young as fuck and talented as shit. He just needs EXPERIENCE, decision making comes with it, cooler head comes with age. And he's English (home grown quota). Mancini publicly stated he regretted selling him, chances are we will too.

Why do we need to sell a young talent, we arent Arsenal? And it is just one of those bad time that he is undergoing. Give him another season and play him in the center and i m sure he would be a handful. Selfish, yes he is but then this lad has got an eye for goal. All we need to do is groom him, ground him (he tends to fly a lot) and provide him the right direction, i m sure we would be a great asset for the club.

There is talk that we need a playmaker (which should be #1) but i feel that (since DD is mostly leaving) we need to sign a really cocky striker...

dont get me wrong, i am a HUGE Torres fan (probably too much, but that is besides the point) and he gets really cocky when he is scoring on the reg, which he really isnt (partially due do out "#1" priority this summer, but that is another discussion)...

i just really want someone who has swagger and a player which most clubs will hate because of it (not really sturridge because i believe in my heart of hearts that is not a striker but a winger and wide man, idk just dont see him being our #9)... idk just my personal preference, i just want someone intimidating... (if only Ivan was a stiker, i feel he has the perfect on the pitch mentality)

i dont really have any names in mind, i just want the chelsea rough neck head hunting days again... and someone to be proud of because he works his ass off and picks fights and says cocky shit in interviews... (not like effin Suarez that guy is priss or Rooney, cause he is scum)

someone with the mentality like Mario Balotelli... love to hate that man, and i want others to feel the same...

idk, what do y'all think???

Our hands may be forced with Sturridge because he'll only have a year left on his contract, and i can just imagine him wanting a hefty wage.

If city want him back and he wont extend his contract i'd happily trade for dzeko.

But if he does stay he has to improve his mentality. He wants the central striking position because it feels goals and personal accolades are what matters to him. I also get the impression he wont have to track back or work hard up front. If he thinks that he'll have a big shock because us fans wont stand for it having become used to the work ethic of drogba down the years and torres this season.

The problem of the arrival of a new manager will be that he will to bring in more new stars and will not be bothered much about our own youth prospects.RDM is doing a good job,he;s giving both the experienced and youth players some chances,more importantly he knows the internal framework of the club which could be very pivotal for tactics.Granted he is not a well known manager but we can't expect the arrival of any world class managers such as Pep or Fabio to guarantee success.

RDM has already won us a Cup and has got us to the Champions League FINAL,I doubt a new manager next season will get us this far.

You guys think we should sell Sturridge? He is frustrating, and seemingly becoming like Kalouda. It might be worth it to keep him around for one more year and try him as a ST rather than a winger which means not playing on the wings whatsoever next season, and playing alone up front.

That is very harsh on Kalouda. At least the pair of them bother with teamwork and not shooting every second time they get the ball (well, not so much Malouda).

Our hands may be forced with Sturridge because he'll only have a year left on his contract, and i can just imagine him wanting a hefty wage.

If city want him back and he wont extend his contract i'd happily trade for dzeko.

But if he does stay he has to improve his mentality. He wants the central striking position because it feels goals and personal accolades are what matters to him. I also get the impression he wont have to track back or work hard up front. If he thinks that he'll have a big shock because us fans wont stand for it having become used to the work ethic of drogba down the years and torres this season.

Mourinho was a master in making the whole team defend and attack as a unit. When we defended, everybody was a defender, when we attacked, everybody was an attacker. You can still see this philosophy in the players of his era, a la Drogba. So in that sense I feel only a Mourinho-esque manager would effectively make Studge do his defensive duties and be more of a team player even if he doesn't like it (think of Joe Cole before and after Mourinho).

I wouldn't mind his selfishness if he's scoring goals. But he's been awful since about December, and all he's done since then is dribble and shoot. When it's not working for you, take a leaf out of Torres' book and stop thinking you're the biggest gun in the world. Forget Mourinho, he needs someone to poke his inflated head with a safety pin.

I wouldn't mind his selfishness if he's scoring goals. But he's been awful since about December, and all he's done since then is dribble and shoot. When it's not working for you, take a leaf out of Torres' book and stop thinking you're the biggest gun in the world. Forget Mourinho, he needs someone to poke his inflated head with a safety pin.

This is the problem with Young english players , they seem to feel they have the right to play. he need to be knocked down a peg or two. If he leaves and has the same attitude the same will happen there. he need to mature.