New Season

Kojo

I would say get in Hazard or Kagawa or Willian, then sign a couple of good cheap players or freebies like hoilett dzagoev. that would be just ruddy perfect because the squad as a whole will improve then. as for RB -van der wiel is just another bosingwa (attacking rb) it should be either azpilicueta or debuchy. ivanovic first choice though.

get kalas back as backup cb next season. bertrand can cover Lb. sell meireles, bosingwa, essien, malouda, kalou and fereira.

The team will look something like

040512024746.png

Bench: Turnbull Luiz Debuchy Romeu de bruyne Hoilett Sturridge

Reserves : Blackman Bertrand Mikel Benayoun Lukaku mceachran

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say get in Hazard or Kagawa or Willian, then sign a couple of good cheap players or freebies like hoilett dzagoev. that would be just ruddy perfect because the squad as a whole will improve then. as for RB -van der wiel is just another bosingwa (attacking rb) it should be either azpilicueta or debuchy. ivanovic first choice though.

get kalas back as backup cb next season. bertrand can cover Lb. sell meireles, bosingwa, essien, malouda, kalou and fereira.

040512024746.png

Lampard and Ramires can't play together in the middle. With Hazard, Mata and Marin in front of the two there is no way we could play without a genuine holding midfielder. Romeu or Mikel is a must there. Looks good besides that, although Hulk seems like a more of a possibility than Hazard at the moment.

Lampard and Ramires can't play together in the middle. With Hazard, Mata and Marin in front of the two there is no way we could play without a genuine holding midfielder. Romeu or Mikel is a must there. Looks good besides that, although Hulk seems like a more of a possibility than Hazard at the moment.

if we get into CL, then hazard would pick us because of belgian love

and yeah, i guess lampard will move into a scholes role next season. rotation

if we get into CL, then hazard would pick us because of belgian love

and yeah, i guess lampard will move into a scholes role next season. rotation

I don't think Hazard will come here now. If we win the UCL than maybe but otherwise I can't see us getting him.

Good point on the centre back, But I just can't see what centre back would like to come in and play 4th fiddle to Terry, Cahill and Luiz. I think we'd be better taking a punt on Chalobah or move Ivanovic to center half.

Too your point about competition for Bertrand, I think we could find a decent centre half that can also play left back, Two in one, and its one defender instead of two. Similar to Ivanovic really.

If we won't sign both Willian and Hulk i'd like us to sign atleast Hulk, and we're strongly linked with him. I think the team logic should be in the 4-2-3-1, the 3 players behind the Striker, One as an inside forward, cutting in and linking up with the man in the centre and the striker, and pitching in give or take 15 goals a season. Hulk excelles in this role at Porto, and is powerful.

And with your last point, I agree completly, Mata took on far too much of our creative attacking play this season. I think Hulk would do that, While Holliet could also if we go for his signature.

Look I know its unrealistic and won't happen, Its just my two cents on what I feel should be the idea in the summer, and the squad overhaul.

Good answers!

Only thing I'd pick up on from that is we must be careful with Chalobah. He's still only 17 and it's easier to take a punt on a full-back at that age (i.e. Robinson & Flanegan at Liverpool) but the central positions are almost never risked with kids, especially at the age of that. I do agree that it would be a hard task, so maybe counting Ivanovic and we could have enough cover.

Buying a versatile defender, like Ivanovic, who can play anywhere across the back 4 must be a priority. Dare I say a priority over having a full-time right-back.

040512024746.png

Hazard will only come if we are in Champions League, that's a definite. To be honest he is very likely to come here if we can make Champions League, because here we will spend the money on him and he will be played all the time, at City he wont be played, Ferguson will not splash out 30 million, Spurs would be a bad choice for him in the long term, he cannot be blinded becaues they got 4th place in a bad season for most clubs.

Also in your midfield it's not enough, Lampard needs to be overtaken and out of the XI, it's his time. And you have no defensive midfielder there, Ramires doesn't have that consistency at playing there all season as a defensive mid. He's defensive minded and can do the job for a few games but not for ever, eventually people will do there homework and know that they can break him. Someone like Tiote needs to be invested in like i have said all season.

Good answers!

Only thing I'd pick up on from that is we must be careful with Chalobah. He's still only 17 and it's easier to take a punt on a full-back at that age (i.e. Robinson & Flanegan at Liverpool) but the central positions are almost never risked with kids, especially at the age of that. I do agree that it would be a hard task, so maybe counting Ivanovic and we could have enough cover.

Buying a versatile defender, like Ivanovic, who can play anywhere across the back 4 must be a priority. Dare I say a priority over having a full-time right-back.

I don't get this Chalobah talk, the guy is no where near ready, we need to give it at least 4 years till he can start for us. At least 3 years or maybe 2 when he can start playing the odd game and playing cup games for us. He's not built yet and he hasn't matured yet. I have heard this from EskWeston and for me he's a reliable source.

Selling Mikel, Essien and Ramires would be an income of definitley over 30 million, which is good because using that money we can buy better players. We need better technical players, Mikel wont flourish here and it's time to move on, i garauntee next season he will be back to square 1 again. Ramires is a good player but we can get better with his money, and he will be worth more than his justice value definitely, Essien you could probably get a bit for him, he isn't 30 yet and that will be a bonus i could see some team wanting him for 6 million.

Hazard will only come if we are in Champions League, that's a definite. To be honest he is very likely to come here if we can make Champions League, because here we will spend the money on him and he will be played all the time, at City he wont be played, Ferguson will not splash out 30 million, Spurs would be a bad choice for him in the long term, he cannot be blinded becaues they got 4th place in a bad season for most clubs.

Also in your midfield it's not enough, Lampard needs to be overtaken and out of the XI, it's his time. And you have no defensive midfielder there, Ramires doesn't have that consistency at playing there all season as a defensive mid. He's defensive minded and can do the job for a few games but not for ever, eventually people will do there homework and know that they can break him. Someone like Tiote needs to be invested in like i have said all season.

Yeah, Lampard should move into a "Scholes role". A rotation option since he is not likely to leave the club

As for CDM, i guess Romeu should be used but we would also have to buy someone like tiote as well. it is time for essien to move on and meireles hasnt particularly convinced me

Selling Mikel, Essien and Ramires would be an income of definitley over 30 million, which is good because using that money we can buy better players. We need better technical players, Mikel wont flourish here and it's time to move on, i garauntee next season he will be back to square 1 again. Ramires is a good player but we can get better with his money, and he will be worth more than his justice value definitely, Essien you could probably get a bit for him, he isn't 30 yet and that will be a bonus i could see some team wanting him for 6 million.

We spent over 20 million for both Ess and Ramires and you want to sell 3 of them for 30? Besides, you want to sell 2 of our arguably best players? What a joke.

We spent over 20 million for both Ess and Ramires and you want to sell 3 of them for 30? Besides, you want to sell 2 of our arguably best players? What a joke.

It's not a joke it's an opinion, deal with it!.

Essien is no longer the player he was, infact he's surpluss to requirements for me at this current time. He's my favourite player and always will be but i can accept it's his time to move on, because it is. We can sell Ramires for more than we bought him, plus it only comes down to 21 million depending on how much we play him and that i think, and if that's the case then we haven't yet done the full deal, can't of done. The way i see it, we can get better players than Ramires, with the money we can get with him. Our midfield needs better technical footballers rather than athletes.

The problem with Ramires is, he is good in 4-3-3 as a midfielder, but no place for him in 4-2-3-1.He is only playing now because we have 0 wingers.

My ideal mid for next season would be Modric,Tiote starters.Romeu(backup for Tiote),Mceachran(backup for Modric) and Lamps.

in 4-2-3-1, 5 players for 2 places more then suited.If we revert to 4-3-3, Ramires slots in and we have 6 players for 3 places.

Sell:

1.Mikel.

2.Essien.

3.Meireles.

Well Essien was bought for 24 million but that was seven years ago. His legs are gone and he's 30 years old this year so we're not going to get much for him if he were sold.

Selling Ramires and / or Mikel would be pure madness though but as much as it hurts me to say this I think we're better off selling the Bison this year, even if he goes for cheap.

I don't get this Chalobah talk, the guy is no where near ready, we need to give it at least 4 years till he can start for us. At least 3 years or maybe 2 when he can start playing the odd game and playing cup games for us. He's not built yet and he hasn't matured yet. I have heard this from EskWeston and for me he's a reliable source.

It's the problem of having no home-grown talent come through. I fully agree with you, at the same time I can understand fans' expectations too. Especially after what's going on with McEachran, what we saw as our best prospect in a long while*.

*Not that I'm implying he still can't be.

The problem with Ramires is, he is good in 4-3-3 as a midfielder, but no place for him in 4-2-3-1.He is only playing now because we have 0 wingers.

My ideal mid for next season would be Modric,Tiote starters.Romeu(backup for Tiote),Mceachran(backup for Modric) and Lamps.

in 4-2-3-1, 5 players for 2 places more then suited.If we revert to 4-3-3, Ramires slots in and we have 6 players for 3 places.

Sell:

1.Mikel.

2.Essien.

3.Meireles.

This. Ramires is a pretty good player and his run and energy can be very handy in some games. That's why I'd like to keep him, but he should not always be a starter. We should have a better player ahead of him.

Modric/Lampard----------Romeu/Mikel

----------------------Mata------------------

Ramires could play in either CM spots.

Sell Essien and Meireles

This. Ramires is a pretty good player and his run and energy can be very handy in some games. That's why I'd like to keep him, but he should not always be a starter. We should have a better player ahead of him.

Modric/Lampard----------Romeu/Mikel

----------------------Mata------------------

Ramires could play in either CM spots.

Sell Essien and Meireles

Then if that's the case sell him, if he's not going to be a starter it's best to get a handfull of cash for him now. Financial times are coming now, we have to put business above everything.

Then if that's the case sell him, if he's not going to be a starter it's best to get a handfull of cash for him now. Financial times are coming now, we have to put business above everything.

He'd be too handy and too much of an Asset to sell. We need players like him, who can be given a job and do it very well. For counter-attacking/defensive games he'd be priceless