New Season

Kojo

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People maybe worrying now, but i'm trying my best to forget this season and think about next. Because that's where our main problems are lying, are we going to overhaul the squad?. It sounds like with FFP we can't do it, because we can't spend big, but can we still do it?.

Now in this thread i want to see everyones ideas on our new line up next season, what signings we should have.

But wait, i don't want any of those stupid next season XI threads we've had lots of, because for me they're unrealistic. Reading most peoples line ups we are buying 3 world class players who are going to spend 30 million on each, that wont be possible for us. So to be more realistic i'm going to name realistic signings and how much we can probably get them for.

So i'm going to list who i want in, and who i want out.

IN

Victor Moses - We can probably get Moses for 4 million, good price for the talented player he is. He's a young player who can play on right wing left wing, he posses flair, quick feet, trickery, pace and seems to score about 4-5 goals a season for Wigan. Which is a good thing, because he can score more for us, the thing with Moses is that Wigan can't seem to get the ball to him enough, i think if we can get the ball to him as much times as he needs it. He can cause some real damage... And he did start out as a striker he did, but he's turning out to be a natural winger, and he gets played there all the time now, great at cutting in. This player doesn't have to start, he can be a great option, instead of having Kalou and Malouda who we have to play when the squad gets tired. Yesterday was a big example of that.

Cheik Tiote - A possible 13 million or over, if Newcastle get top 4, then we will have to spend big. Because otherwise why else would he want to come here?, if we aren't in Champions League and he is. Now this player for me is the best defensive midfielder in the league, posses great pace and strenth his phsyical ability is just quality, he saves trouble for back 4 fantastic tackler. I watch this player almost every game, i think he's quality, possibly world class. But has to prove it at a big club, when he's injured Newcastle always seem to struggle. Good news though, our scouts were at the Newcastle Vs Man U game where Tiote hammered Rooney to pieces, and our scouts were appearently looking at Tiote, so we might be expecting him at the end of the season.

Creative Midfielder - I don't think we need to spend on a world class one, honeslty, even someone like Cabaye would of done for 4.5 million, someone cheap we can get who can pass a ball and has some vision with a good work rate. I don't know who but i know they are but they're out there, you get a lot of these talents in the french league and bundesliga who wont cost loads.

Right Back - A back up player for Ivanovic, one who is more attacking than defending though, doesn't have to be quality, just a good player will do. Ivanovic has to be our main right back, i don't know who to get but we don't need to spend loads, even a 28 year old or someone who can do the job will do. You seem to get a lot of these defensive full backs who are good going forward in the Serie A.

Right Winger - Now this one is the one where i think we have to splash the cash out on, or look for a really god one and buy one, we need a winger with bags of pace, who can cross and cause trouble to defences. Sturridge can cause trouble but he always seems to fuck up, he gets to selfish and takes a shot instead and he isn't a natural winger he's a player getting played out of position and you can tell that. Don't know how much we will have to spend, but hopefully not too much money.

Centre Back - Yes you are probably surprised, but i think we need another back up centre back, doesn't matter how old he is but preferably below 31 at least, someone with experience and wont mind getting benched, like United had Wes Brown, and Arsenal have tonnes of centre backs even though most of them are flops. Liverpool now have Carragher on the bench. City have this problem, because they had to play Savic and he just wasn't ready and it cost them points. Also to rotate this will help, it's not like he will be sitting on the bench forever, he will play a lot when we rotate, because we rotate a lot. But we don't need to spend a lot of money.

Out

Malouda - Useless player, but could possibly get a decent amount off him, Juventus wanted him for like 9 million at the begining of the season right?, well he might be like worth 5 or 4 now, so we can get a decent amount off him.

Kalou - Another terrible player, he will probably sell for the same amount Malouda will, so on these two players we might be able to just make almost 10 million which will be good on two awful players.

Mikel - Look at the moment you guys might not want it, but for me he has to go. He won't flourish, he's been past his prime potential years, and he seems to have that form then flops, which he will do soon on i can garauntee. We need to sell him now where we can get the best possible price for him, as for this player i don't know how much we can sell him for, i really don't. Could be a good price if someone can see his true potential in a different league, such as the Serie A where he will be good.

Meireles - We don't have to sell this player, i have faith he will be better in a better squad. But it's a possibility that it will be best if we sell him instead, we do need squad players yes, but perhaps were better off with some money now. We can sell him for probs 10 million at most, but i think we will sell him for 9 million.

Drogba - Has to leave, clear some space in this squad, and i think it's his time now. He wont accept staying on the bench lets face it, every club has to let there legends leave, for this player i am confident we can get at least 6 million off him, yes i'm serious i think we can because of his reputation etc.

Bosingwa - Total liability in defence, just get rid of him. We can get probably 3 or 4 million at best for him, because who the fuck will want this player really?.

So here we are possibly spending just over 60 million if we do this, could be wrong, just depending on how much the backups are really. But at the same time with selling the players we need out (including Meirelese if we want to sell him or keep him as a squad player), we can probably get almost 40 million off all of them, which is good for the club in my opinion. Even though when it comes to balancing we are 20 million off and not making a profit, but it's still a good sum.

Obviously i could be wrong, infact we could find i'm so wrong it's scary, but yeah...

As for the line up... (and i'm going to do this upside down because i prefer it)

Moses/KDB-Torres/Sturridge-Right Winger

Mata/KDB-Tiote/Romeu-Ramires

Cole/Bertrand-Terry-Luiz/Cahill-Ivanovic

Cech

Or...

Mata/KDB/Moses-Torres/Sturridge-Right Winger

Creative Midfielder-Tiote/Romeu-Ramires/Meireles

Cole/Bertrand-Terry-Luiz/Cahill-Ivanovic

Cech

We can also send KDB out on loan if we want to because the squad will be safe enough, and yeah Mata in midfield can work, think David Silva. Have Ramires more defensive with more work rate and Tiote there, Mata the free roam player who makes magic, two natural wingers at touch line spreading out defence, Mata there to do damage, Ramires there to make runs and get forward and test the midfielders and defence tracking him back. Then Sturridge or Torres the main striker doing what they do best, also being a target man. Mata can be the main man with help of good players, he can be much more better. That's why we don't need to buy a world class creative player, we don't need to keep Mata on the left or centre, we can put him in midfield.

This is what i think anyway. I would be glad to see everyone elses or opinions of mine or what ever really.

agree

except mikel, bosingwa to stay

in:

- a right back * **

- a center back * **

- josh mceachran

- 2 left wingers * **

- a creative midfielder * **

* new players not older than 25 years old

** new players doesn't have to be bought. just promote youngsters who showed potential and play them regularly in the first xi.

out:

- bosingwa

- ferreira

- meireles

- drogba

- kalou

- malouda

- essien

on the bench for about 3/4 of next season:

- lampard

on the bench for about 1/2 of next season:

- cole

- terry

youngsters to play a lot next season, too.

cech

ivanovic/new right back -- terry/new center back -- cahill/luiz -- bertrand/cole

mikel/romeu

mata/lampard --- new creative midfielder/mceachran

ramires/sturridge -------------------------- new left winger a/new left winger b

torres/lukaku

Indeed, it's startling to say the least. The most concerning part of it is the similar club circumstances, and the psychological aspects, which transcends mere superstition.

Of course you don't believe this cause you are the one that keeps saying that history does not repeat itself twice?

If we win in Munich it will make our need for a overhaul even more desperate.

Remember last season when we were off the back of the double (PL and FA Cup) the season before, the players were lazy, un-motivated, well fed with 2 medal's around their neck not long ago.

Should we triumph in Munich we will have the same problem's Inter had if not worse so it's vital we overhaul the "ageing" stars if that's the case because they will have nothing left to prove if they win this.

If we win in Munich it will make our need for a overhaul even more desperate.

Remember last season when we were off the back of the double (PL and FA Cup) the season before, the players were lazy, un-motivated, well fed with 2 medal's around their neck not long ago.

Should we triumph in Munich we will have the same problem's Inter had if not worse so it's vital we overhaul the "ageing" stars if that's the case because they will have nothing left to prove if they win this.

Agreed, The likes of Cole, Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Kalou, Malouda, Essien have just about won everything, except the UCL. If they win that than they won't have anything left to accomplish or play for. Most of them would need to go.

In a good squad, there should be a good balance of Muscle and Flair players. atm, we have enough muscle players and very few flair players. keepin tht in mind, Our squad next season should look something like this

GK - Cech Turnbull Blackman

RB - Ivanovic NewSigning*

CB - Cahill Luiz Terry Kalas Bruma

LB - Cole Bertrand

CDM - Mikel Romeu

RM - Ramires NewSigning*

CM - Lampard McEachran Kagawa*

LM - Marin Hazard

CAM - Mata de bruyne

ST - NewSigning Torres Sturridge Lukaku

That's a core group of 27 players. Lukaku, de Bruyne, Hazard, Romeu, McEachran, Blackman are all under-21 so the NewSigning* slots maybe filled by players of 23-28 years of age. with a squad like that, we can challenge for the title

In a good squad, there should be a good balance of Muscle and Flair players. atm, we have enough muscle players and very few flair players. keepin tht in mind, Our squad next season should look something like this

RB - Ivanovic NewSigning*

LB - Cole Bertrand

CDM - Mikel Romeu

RM - Ramires NewSigning*

CM - Lampard McEachran Kagawa*

LM - Marin Hazard

CAM - Mata de bruyne

ST - NewSigning Torres Sturridge Lukaku

That's a core group of 27 players. Lukaku, de Bruyne, Hazard, Romeu, McEachran, Blackman are all under-21 so the NewSigning* slots maybe filled by players of 23-28 years of age. with a squad like that, we can challenge for the title

RB - Ivanovic Azpilicueta

LB - Cole Bertrand

CDM - Mikel Romeu

RM/RW - Hazard Ramires

CM - Lampard Essien/Meireles Ramires

LM/LW - Marin Hazard

CAM - Mata Kagawa

ST - Cavani, Torres, Sturridge

Lukaku and De Bryune on loan

I made this post in the General Transfer Talk. I've updated the stats. If anyone wants me to make something like this again but with different players I will.

The following players will bring us sucess.

Yohan Cabaye

yohan-cabaye-ne-serait-pas-contre-un-depart-pour-bordeaux-ou1.jpg

Newcastle United

Position - CM (Regista)

Appearances - 35

Goals - 5

Assists - 9

The French Xabi Alonso, in my eyes. He sublime passing technique, Free Kick accuracy and contributes a lot defensively. We currently have no player that is similar to Cabaye in our squad and a Regista is absolutely pertinent to our future success.

Esteban Granero

esteban-granero-1.jpg

Real Madrid

Position - CM (Regista)

Appearances - 25

Goals - 0

Assists - 1

The much maligned Madridista's first two seasons at Real Madrid were fantastic, however he has found himself out of favour this season. He is very similar to Cabaye, however with a Midfield pair of Cabaye and Granero will not only offer a lot in attack and defense but will control the tempo and of games. Though it should be said Mourinho is regretful that he has put Granero in the situation he is in.

Mathieu Debuchy

french-national-team-soccer-players-kiss-france-NT-football.jpg

LOSC Lille

Position - RB (Attacking)

Appearances - 33

Goals - 5

Assists - 1

A position that has felt the wrath of Chelsea fans since Paulo Ferreira's second season. Debuchy is your typical modern Fullback, likes to attack and is obliged to defend. Luckily he has great stamina so he attack and defend with ease. Better the Gregory Van Der Wiel and less injury prone that César Aspilicueta, Debucy may be our only hope to fill the dreaded RB position.

Eden Hazard

8532345.jpg

LOSC Lille

Position - Winger / AM (Trequartista)

Appearances - 43

Goals - 18

Assists - 14

No young player in Europe (maybe besides Mario Götze) currently generates such a massive circle jerk among fans. Fast, technical, dynamic, genius, there simply isn't enough adjectives to describe the Belgian. Every knows want he can do, and everyone knows why he is a desitable transfer.

Edison Cavani

cavani%7E1.jpg

S.S.C. Napoli

Position - Striker (Target Man)

Appearances - 38

Goals - 31

Assists - 5

El Matador... if Juan Mata is a matador for his agility and nimbleness; then Cavani is a matador because of his tenacity and ferocity. He reminds me a lot of Drogba but truly is a completely different animal, but mark my words he will surpass Drogba if he signs for us. Work ethic, stamina, power, pace, technique; he is complete.

Ezequiel Lavezzi

250000688.jpg

S.S.C. Napoli

Position - Winger / AM (Trequartista)

Appearances - 37

Goals - 11

Assists - 9

Lavezzi is the most important player in Napoli. His stats don't scream it, but his pace, passing and dribbling contribute massively to every scoring oppurtunity created by Napoli. Think David Silva except ten times faster and is mostly restricted to the wing positions, he is that good.

If only we could get all the Players on Spike's list, unfortunately it will never happen. One of Cabaye/Granero, Hazard/Lavezzi and a RB are the minimum we need though. But if even that is too expensive and we go real conservative than Kagawa is a great option and a solid RB (whoever it is) is a must.

Is it really worth spending 50 million on Cavani when we could have the best targetman in the world despite being 34 sign on for another season, and Lukaku as well? Cavani would hinder his development, though he is a brilliant player, you have to ask yourself if its worth stalling Romelu's career for that.

Is it really worth spending 50 million on Cavani when we could have the best targetman in the world despite being 34 sign on for another season, and Lukaku as well? Cavani would hinder his development, though he is a brilliant player, you have to ask yourself if its worth stalling Romelu's career for that.

I agree with you here.

We won't bring any Strikers next season, Lukaku will go on loan and Drogba contract will expire (sad). We bring Marin in because next season Sturridge will play on central position, no more on wing.

El Matador... if Juan Mata is a matador for his agility and nimbleness; then Cavani is a matador because of his tenacity and ferocity. He reminds me a lot of Drogba but truly is a completely different animal, but mark my words he will surpass Drogba if he signs for us. Work ethic, stamina, power, pace, technique; he is complete.

Wow. You think Cavani is going to come here and surpass Drogba? Our best ever striker? The hero for us on so many great nights? Cavani is going to surpass Mr Wembley?

I'm amazed that after all these years people still don't show Drogba the respect he truly deserves.

I remember everybody wanted to get rid of Drogba when Torres was signed. He was also supposed to 'surpass' Didier.

If Cavani comes here and has even half the Chelsea career Drogba has had then he will have done well. But surpass Drogba? Have a word with yourself.

It's a tough one. If only we sell Drogba and Torres but Roman is too stubborn to let that happen. Getting Cavani in would probably hinder Lukaku's development a bit, but at the same time Cavani could become the best striker on earth at Chelsea. His recent goal against Roma was pure class. I think it's time Drogba moved on, but getting Cavani or using Romelu in his place is a tough choice. I would still go for Cavani, because chances are that Lukaku will go on loan, Torres will have another bad year, finally get sold than Lukaku and Cavani can be our strikers.

I did think that the other day. If Drogba were to sign on another year to allow us to send Lukaku out on loan to get games. Then Drogba can leave next summer and we'll have Lukaku back having played a season in the Premiership and ready to challenge Torres to start for the team. It would save a lot of money and prevent hindering the development of Lukaku. You do however wonder though if Drogba is playing as well as he is because in his mind he is leaving, and intent on winning the Champions League to sign off.

Just to note, ESPN said that there were Chelsea scouts in the crowd for Roma vs Napoli last night - Cavani scored a very good goal.

I agree with you here.

We won't bring any Strikers next season, Lukaku will go on loan and Drogba contract will expire (sad). We bring Marin in because next season Sturridge will play on central position, no more on wing.

I'm almost certain that Marin won't be the ONLY attack minded player we sign this summer. I fully expect 4-5 signings for the first team squad.