New Season

Kojo

We do got Sturridge, and as mention Kakuta and KDB coming this summer.

So if they look ok we can easily wing it with one great winger ala Hazard type.

Selling Meireles for Kagawa should be no brainier. Meireles would like to go cause AVB is gone and Kagawa would want to come. That should be an easy transaction....unless our board will make it hard, which they probably will!

The hardest aspect will be getting mid like Tiote, Javi and then wingers like Hazard and such....

with what i've seen kdb seems to be a great passer of the ball. and he would give us options in the wing and in midfield. i would prefer 2 wingers and a midfielder simply because a winger's explosive pace is necessary to change games. look at united - young, nani, valencia - devastating

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romeu a deep lying playmaker?, wait what?. I have never seen Romeu show off any quality passing or vision. So he's not really a deep lying playmaker is he, he's just more of a natrual dm.

No passing and vision? When he played under AVB there was article of his statistics. I cant find it, but his passing was around 90% accurate. The guy also makes few interceptions and tackles as well. He played very, very good. Barca style. If we sell him, we are stupid. There is absolutely no need to sell him or buy new player.

Remeu-Modric

Mata

Danny-Torres-Hazard/lavezzi

This guy is absolutely great when he plays. At least he did, now he doesnt play much, but he will be great. I can say better than Javi Martinez. I personaly like Javi but Bilbao wont sell him for less than 30mio. Mvila or Tiote are cheaper. Wtf for DM 30mio? And he is not exactly experienced. Recently he plays as CB for bilbao actualy. Almost whole season. Good but just too expensive. I go for Modric then.

70 Million

Out:

Malouda- 6 Million

Kalou- 5 Million

Drogba- Free

Bosingwa- 4 million

Ferreira- 1 million (maybe)

Meireles- 10 million

Essien- 6-7 Million

Mikel: 6-7 Million

About 38-39 million

In:

Lavezzi- 25 Million

Hazard: 30 Million

Kagawa- 12-13 Million (his contract is expiring)

RB-Azpilicueta- 15 million

Tiote/Martinez-15 million

Total: 97-98 Million- Players Sold

Net Spend= 59-60 Million

10 Million left from 70 Million :D That's what I would do

Heh I would go for same, except Modric for Lavezzi and DM. We actualy dont need two top wingers. Guys once you say to be realistic, next time you dream of two top wingers? Come on, what about Sturridge and Ramires? Danny has to play rw and use Ramires for replacement. On lw use Hazard and KDB as backup. Also KDB/Lamps as backup for Mata who should be cam. Then go for Modric, who can defend and keep the ball and pass it forward. If Modric plays as DM along Mikel, Romeu or Essien that would be great because Modric and Mata would pass great and there is also Hazard :)

But:

You will never get Hazard for 30mio but 40.

And Javi Martinez for 15? You kiddin me? Bilbao told he can go, but 30mio is release clause. Maybe they would sell him for less to other clubs, but to us, they know we have money and they will want maximum.

That means 120mio not 95. After all we have not been linked with Javi at all. Modric, Hazard, Hoilett and Azpi wont be bad.

I can understand that you dont count on drogba, kalou, malouda, but romeu, ramires, danny are still very good players that should play. With rami and danny on rw, why should we go for another winger if we dont need him? lw (hazard) is more problematic and creative midfielder (modric). i would go for dm aswell, but it would cost too much. depend on money. Javi is destructive player and goes rarely in attack. Modric is different. If we would attack more, maybe essien could find his old form again. For him playing along modric could be much better.

This place seems to be very good with transfer and gives you very good market value:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/?from=top_navi

The got Modric quoted at 34 mill.

That sounds about fair. But giving that we are a rich club we have to pay a premium of at least 5 mill. Making Modric close to 40m....what we tried to pay at the end of the transfer window!

And they quote Javi Martinez at 19.5 mill...which sounds about right. No team will buy him for more then what we payed for Mata. So if Bilbao wants their release clause no team will touch it.

No passing and vision? When he played under AVB there was article of his statistics. I cant find it, but his passing was around 90% accurate. The guy also makes few interceptions and tackles as well. He played very, very good. Barca style. If we sell him, we are stupid. There is absolutely no need to sell him or buy new player.

Remeu-Modric

Mata

Danny-Torres-Hazard/lavezzi

This guy is absolutely great when he plays. At least he did, now he doesnt play much, but he will be great. I can say better than Javi Martinez. I personaly like Javi but Bilbao wont sell him for less than 30mio. Mvila or Tiote are cheaper. Wtf for DM 30mio? And he is not exactly experienced. Recently he plays as CB for bilbao actualy. Almost whole season. Good but just too expensive. I go for Modric then.

Mate most DM's have 90 percent pass completion, because there job is to not lose the ball and win it back, so they just make simple passes. You also never showed the part where he had vision.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/812330/oct-passing.png

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/873120/oct-defense.png

Comparing to Mikel, Romeu was superior. Look at interceptions and clearances, the guy is beast.

About vision, no DM has some special vision, that be Mvila, Martinez or Romeu. But I bet, if Romeu would play as much as Martinez, he would be better

You want spanish players, but Romeu who is promising talent, you would sell. If we were playing him regulary this year, he would be equal to Martinez next year. +he is only 20.

Think its safe to say we need to look forward to next season, HOWEVER we can't forget with a good performance tomorrow and prehaps a bit of luck against Barca, this season could be very successful with the squad we have. But I think Chelsea are concentrating on next season, look at the early Kit launch? I personally think we will be great next season with a fresh feel to the squad, because people like drogba will have left. A new Kit, a new start, a new era !

http://assets.sbnati...oct-passing.png

http://cdn1.sbnation...oct-defense.png

Comparing to Mikel, Romeu was superior. Look at interceptions and clearances, the guy is beast.

About vision, no DM has some special vision, that be Mvila, Martinez or Romeu. But I bet, if Romeu would play as much as Martinez, he would be better

You want spanish players, but Romeu who is promising talent, you would sell. If we were playing him regulary this year, he would be equal to Martinez next year. +he is only 20.

Dude what you talking about?

Romeu is a product of Barcelona academy, that Barcelona sold to us with a buy back clause. They can get him this summer or next summer.

So with that in mind, putting all our hopes in Romeu is a very risky business.

AVB told that romeu will be sold only if club will want to. Could also be fact of played games. That might be reason, he doesnt play much.

If we keep him, we build with him, if he goes, we buy new dm. For now he is here and I count on him.

Heh I would go for same, except Modric for Lavezzi and DM. We actualy dont need two top wingers. Guys once you say to be realistic, next time you dream of two top wingers? Come on, what about Sturridge and Ramires? Danny has to play rw and use Ramires for replacement. On lw use Hazard and KDB as backup. Also KDB/Lamps as backup for Mata who should be cam. Then go for Modric, who can defend and keep the ball and pass it forward. If Modric plays as DM along Mikel, Romeu or Essien that would be great because Modric and Mata would pass great and there is also Hazard :)

But:

You will never get Hazard for 30mio but 40.

And Javi Martinez for 15? You kiddin me? Bilbao told he can go, but 30mio is release clause. Maybe they would sell him for less to other clubs, but to us, they know we have money and they will want maximum.

That means 120mio not 95. After all we have not been linked with Javi at all. Modric, Hazard, Hoilett and Azpi wont be bad.

I can understand that you dont count on drogba, kalou, malouda, but romeu, ramires, danny are still very good players that should play. With rami and danny on rw, why should we go for another winger if we dont need him? lw (hazard) is more problematic and creative midfielder (modric). i would go for dm aswell, but it would cost too much. depend on money. Javi is destructive player and goes rarely in attack. Modric is different. If we would attack more, maybe essien could find his old form again. For him playing along modric could be much better.

Sturridge should not be playing RW anymore, especially if Drogba leaves. That would mean Sturridge can play CF. I don't know why you're saying Ramires is a Winger...He is not. He is a midfielder and i don't know why RDM continues to Play Ramires as a RW. The ONLY times he should be playing on the wings is when we need extra help to deal with a player like bale or someone on the right side. So taking that all into account we have no right wingers lol. And 2 top wingsrs are alot more deadly than 1. Back in the day we had Robben and Dufff, today ManUre have Nani and Young, Munich have Robben and Ribery, Madrid have CR7 and Di Maria, Barca had Villa and Sanchez earlier in the year. You get the point

Dude what you talking about?

Romeu is a product of Barcelona academy, that Barcelona sold to us with a buy back clause. They can get him this summer or next summer.

So with that in mind, putting all our hopes in Romeu is a very risky business.

His buy back clause activates after next season and that too only if Romeu wishes to rejoin Barca. If we don't play him here, obviosly he's gonna want to go back. Also, we have him til next season atleast, why not use him? Defies all logic really. Risky or not, i say make hay while the sun shines :)

Sturridge should not be playing RW anymore, especially if Drogba leaves. That would mean Sturridge can play CF. I don't know why you're saying Ramires is a Winger...He is not. He is a midfielder and i don't know why RDM continues to Play Ramires as a RW. The ONLY times he should be playing on the wings is when we need extra help to deal with a player like bale or someone on the right side. So taking that all into account we have no right wingers lol. And 2 top wingsrs are alot more deadly than 1. Back in the day we had Robben and Dufff, today ManUre have Nani and Young, Munich have Robben and Ribery, Madrid have CR7 and Di Maria, Barca had Villa and Sanchez earlier in the year. You get the point

Danny and Torres cant play both as strikers. We wont go 442, therefore danny will have to be winger and torres striker. lukaku as backup.

if we get hazard, he could play on both wings. i know ramires is not winger, but could also be used there. and our priority is lw, creative midfielder and rb. no real chance we could get rw aswell, possibly top class. there is just no money for him...

I think I mentioned this couple months ago, Danny will not play as CF. With one striker system, you need a striker who can hold the ball and link up with other player. These are not danny strength, he is a runner so he should stick on playing on the wing.

Danny and Torres cant play both as strikers. We wont go 442, therefore danny will have to be winger and torres striker. lukaku as backup.

if we get hazard, he could play on both wings. i know ramires is not winger, but could also be used there. and our priority is lw, creative midfielder and rb. no real chance we could get rw aswell, possibly top class. there is just no money for him...

Lukaku should go on loan, Drogba should leave. That leaves us with only Torres than... So Sturridge should be fighting for that CF spot with Torres. You keep saying LW is priority, no, BOTH wings are priority. Again like I said Ramires is not a winger, he should not play there.

Lukaku should go on loan, Drogba should leave. That leaves us with only Torres than... So Sturridge should be fighting for that CF spot with Torres. You keep saying LW is priority, no, BOTH wings are priority. Again like I said Ramires is not a winger, he should not play there.

If we do play 4-2-3-1 next season then Ramires will have to play as a defensive midfielder and he's not really effective as one plus I don't want the club to ruin yet another capable midfielder and force him to play as a cdm.Unless the formation changes,I don't see Ramires playing as cm,a role he prefers and plays well in,