The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

haha. So you think things are 'perfect'? okay....

Performances still god awful. More effort but that's nothing to be happy about. They should be showing 100% effort all the time, not only when they feel like it.

Unbelievable.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha. So you think things are 'perfect'? okay....

Performances still god awful. More effort but that's nothing to be happy about. They should be showing 100% effort all the time, not only when they feel like it.

Unbelievable.

Calm down with your "haha" and "unbelievable"...

I'm just very suprised with him, I was sceptic, when he was the choice after AVB... And in the season like that I think that 8 wins and only 1 lost from 10 matches is perfect...

And I'm talking only about results, not about performances...

Okay. Thought you were one of those blindly showing him reverence after these results. Agree he's doing a good job with player motivation but most of this "good form" is not because of him. He's doing all he can atm with this group of players so I'm pleased but for me this season has still been fucking awful.

Last 2 season's have been dreadful, biggest mistake we made not dismantling the double winning team immediately and rebuilding from that moment on.

Biggest mistake we made (if you believe the stories) was backing JT over Jose. That moment (again, obviously choosing to believe the stories just to guess at what happened) showed the players what they could be capable of

I really want to back rdm for full time manager for next season but I just can't. He has done tremendous job getting result for us and getting good result while u are playIng badly is a trait of a good manager but I have never seen us playing well under rdm.

More importantly this summer is a very important summer for us and I still don't trust rdm to do the job.

I really want to back rdm for full time manager for next season but I just can't. He has done tremendous job getting result for us and getting good result while u are playIng badly is a trait of a good manager but I have never seen us playing well under rdm.

More importantly this summer is a very important summer for us and I still don't trust rdm to do the job.

Said it in the "New Chelsea Manager?" thread but we need a strong personality to come in and stabilize things for a while and sort the egos out.

As I believe you yourself have said (please correct me if I'm wrong), RDM only has to think about the present right now, whie AVB was thinking about the future. Yeah he got plenty of things wrong but you cannot possibly compare their situations.

"I haven't seen the replays yet but despite all that I think Wigan were really unlucky not to get something out of this game. They played very well and put in a great performance today," he said.

He added: "The players have accepted that we are a team, a group. They realise that everyone is needed to be able to achieve our targets. It's the only way, we cannot just play with 11 players, we need the whole squad.

"We are in a position unfortunately where we have to win and we are pleased with the three points even though you say it wasn't a sparkling performance. I think that also shows the strength of the team.

"Even though we tend to concede towards the end of the game we react to it positively. That's a good sign for this club.

"At that stage Wigan probably deserved the equaliser because they were pushing us well. Of course we would like not to concede but that's football.

"We seem to be getting goals from everywhere at the moment. That makes us a little bit more unpredictable and takes a bit of pressure off the strikers as well."

-RDM

I like RDM press talk. Is just spot on. Not all this mumbo jumble that AVB use to throw at us.

If we are going to appoint RDM in the summer it has to be for the right reason's (like he is one of the few that would do a proper rebuild, a complete new manager might "access" our "superstars"), not because we have a touch of nostalgia.

-RDM

I like RDM press talk. Is just spot on. Not all this mumbo jumble that AVB use to throw at us.

No need for the dig. I don't recall many complaining about AVB's pressers post United away or QPR away or after his reaction to Lambert's accusation that Ramires dived for the penalty at home to Norwich. Nothing succeeds like success and I understand RDM is the flavour of the month but the little jabs at AVB over every small thing aren't very classy to say the least.

No need for the dig. I don't recall many complaining about AVB's pressers post United away or QPR away or after his reaction to Lambert's accusation that Ramires dived for the penalty at home to Norwich. Nothing succeeds like success and I understand RDM is the flavour of the month but the little jabs at AVB over every small thing aren't very classy to say the least.

http://forum.talkche...s/page__st__684

I found AVB press conference annoying back then and I still do!

I remember saying AVB needs to shut the fuck up back in october. He is too touchy and im not surprised that got him kicked out of this club.