The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players feel more free and more relaxed. We have won 4 games tho that we probably should win and we might've won them under AVB anyway but i don't think there's any secret that the players were so happy that AVB got the boot. These next 10 days are absolutely mega huge.

Most of the players don't care about his history at the club, the resurgence is down to AVB leaving, not RDM's genius managerial masterminded magic.

I agree. The new found spirit at the club is, in my opinion, due to some players insisting to prove that the teams lack of good results was AVB's fault.

He'll play the 'old guard' (god i hate that label) until the end of the season, just to get the job done and make the most out of the season while he can. They obviously respect him and are playing better than they have all season. Then hopefully RDM will get some quality players in the summer and have no choice but to bench the 'old guard' and if they kick up a fuss, show them the door.

Most of the players don't care about his history at the club, the resurgence is down to AVB leaving, not RDM's genius managerial masterminded magic.

True...everyone talks about how good he is. He just went back to the basics and undid everything that AVB did. Roy left Liverpool and "Queen" Kenny came and Liverpool saw some resurgence but next season signed players like Henderson, Carrol, and that bald midfielder. and Liverpool are still shit.

Its the same with Hiddink. Scolari tried to change the way we did everything, hiddink came and made Chelsea play the way they know to play that is by using Physical Power as oppossed to sleak sexy football.

Do I wanna see Di Matteo managing this club long term, by buying players, building squads, etc...? No...Do I wanna see a Mourinho or a Hiddink? Yes.

Interesting and how do you know most players don't care about his history? Cause I saw Lampard saying something like he is Chelsea through and through.

But that some players don't respect that, sounds like an abomination to the club past!

Do you guys think RDM is only a short term coach or will he remain as Chelsea's coach next season?

Who knows tbh. I guess if we end the season with a trophy and Papa Roman is happy with his performance, then he may well be around for a while.

Like Sam (I think) said, wait till we draw 2 games in a row and everyone will call for his head.

I do like Robbie, think he's a great person who has a great deal of affection for the club, but I don't see him lasting next season. He'll be at the end of his contract too so I don't think a. We'll offer him one or b. He'll accept an assistant's role.

Unfortunately i think Roman will get someone else in but Robbie has done a perfect job so far so you never know. If we somehow can win the FA Cup and come 4th and maybe get to the UCL Semi's/Final he may have a chance. If we win the UCL, he'll definitely get the job nailed on.

Like Sam (I think) said, wait till we draw 2 games in a row and everyone will call for his head.

I do like Robbie, think he's a great person who has a great deal of affection for the club, but I don't see him lasting next season. He'll be at the end of his contract too so I don't think a. We'll offer him one or b. He'll accept an assistant's role.

Yeah exactly but saying that if we get a new manager in no doubt it'll be the case/

Depends how much pressure he wants.At the moment it aint to bad because he aint seen as long term..soon as he is..then pressure starts.The usual 'get him out'shite when results go wrong.....he's seen what happens when results go wrong as well so depends on how big of a risk he'd wana take if offered the job