The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

While I'm not dismissing some of the thoughts brought up as a reason why RDM hasn't got back to management yet, I find rather hilarious that many or just some are jumping to conclusions and assumed these thoughts are the facts and reasons why he doesn't or hasn't return to football management. We don't even know much about this and all we get are just rumours and speculations and yet, so much has been said or blown out of proportion about this. Then again with the power of Internet today, there are just too many armchair critics around who like to take the moral high ground.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm not dismissing some of the thoughts brought up as a reason why RDM hasn't got back to management yet, I find rather hilarious that many or just some are jumping to conclusions and assumed these thoughts are the facts and reasons why he doesn't or hasn't return to football management. We don't even know much about this and all we get are just rumours and speculations and yet, so much has been said or blown out of proportion about this. Then again with the power of Internet today, there are just too many armchair critics around who like to take the moral high ground.

:rolleyes:

I really am not interested in this point, but weren't Ancelotti and Scolari paid off in full rather than getting the same deal AVB and Robbie got?

Even though we payed their release clause, it stated in their contract that they couldnt manage a top European team for something around 2 years nor could they talk about the reasons they were fired or else they would lose the money.

He was fired for the same reason he couldn't get a job before we hired him, and for the same reason he hasn't been given a 'top' job since....the perception is that he's not a top-class manager.

He was fired for no justifiable reason. No other manager would have done better than he did. He had a tough schedulle and managed to stay second in the league and continue in the Capital One Cup.

If the club felt he wasnt the guy in which they wanted to go foward with, they could have very well waited for the season to end.

On this I disagree. I think there are plenty of people who have the drive and determination to prove their worth in a role that they would take a financial hit for a chance at glory or enhancement of their reputation.

Considering you know fuck all about my life and employment history (unless someone's been divulging more of my personal info) you're really not in a position to call me a hypocrite, but that's more semantics than anything else....continue.

Oh yeah, people driven by determination would definitely deny 130k/week to go out there and manage the mighty Fulham so they could enchance their reputation (while they could just wait until 2014 and get a job elsewhere after receiving their payment).

Apparently it puts you in the category where some boy in Brazil can sit at his keyboard and call you plastic. Personally I see blokes who have been going to the Bridge for years who turned up in hailstorms to watch us play Southampton when it wasn't the cool thing to do - I wouldn't label them plastic....but then I rarely take my keyboard to matches to hide behind.

Blokes who go to hailstorms (wow, so brave) but cant even shout when we are losing to WBA at home?

Sorry, but this is not supporting your team, this is paying 50 pounds to sit down and drink Singha Beer. Fans have a duty to back up their team and make noise. Even Jose is irritated with the lack of support te home fans are giving.

I bet the club can put 41k manequims in the stands that it wont make much of a difference...

And you leave the supporters in the stands alone. Deal. :yes:

But I dont have any problems with the supporters, I just criticize whenever they are voiceless.

I have spoken to at least 3-4 season ticket holders in here and they all agree with my criticisms. You are the only one who thinks people who got Stamford Bridge are untouchable and cant ever be criticized by someone else!

:rolleyes:

Is it a lie?

But I dont have any problems with the supporters, I just criticize whenever they are voiceless.

I have spoken to at least 3-4 season ticket holders in here and they all agree with my criticisms. You are the only one who thinks people who got Stamford Bridge are untouchable and cant ever be criticized by someone else!

I have no problem with supporters of this club moaning about the noise levels.

Since I have read the rules recently, why abusive language is tolerated here ?

To tell someone " you posting shit " is or should not be allowed, I feel.

RDM might have won CL, but Roman was not happy with the way Chelsea had won it. Don´t we all know it ?

When he gets 130k a week, there is no need for him to coach for now. It´s very simple.

You're posting shit

Oh yeah, people driven by determination would definitely deny 130k/week to go out there and manage the mighty Fulham so they could enchance their reputation (while they could just wait until 2014 and get a job elsewhere after receiving their payment).

It's not like Robbie will be handed the managerial role at a top club...he's still an average manager with an okay record.

He's going to end up managing a mid-table side.

As for your comparison with Scolari and Ancelotti (in previous posts)...unlike Robbie, they were going to get top level jobs at club/international level at some point in time due to their reputation.

• 2 months later...