The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know when Roberto said those quotes? I can't find any 'reliable' source confirming them.

Was an exclusive for EuroSports.

Premier League - Di Matteo: I didn't stab AVB in the back

EXCLUSIVE:

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo has denied conspiring to get Andre Villas-Boas sacked.

He was tactically excellent tonight. From my match report:

While the players will earn all the plaudits for a performance of guts, determination and professionalism, the hero of the day is the former fans' favourite; Roberto di Matteo. Having experienced first-hand the demise of Andre Villas-Boas, the Italian has shown considering backbone in his vehement defence of an ageing Chelsea squad, and his faith in them was repaid in kind by his players. The will to win has returned since di Matteo's appointment, and it is only fair to commend the man who scored that goal at Wembley for an effective team selection and spot-on tactical performance.

He may not have the arsenal of attacking talent that Harry Redknapp or Roberto Mancini have at their disposal, but di Matteo has been able to motivate his players to a standard that puts his side in a great position to progress to the semi-finals of a competition they may well be taking a brief hiatus from. With fourth place becoming an increasingly distant objective for a side that has been unable to replicate their recent Champions League and FA Cup exploits in the Premier League, it would seem that actually winning the competition is di Matteo's best bet of securing football in this competition next term.

I really thought he has been tactically good since he took over.

People keep saying that Spurs and City where wrong, but I did not saw nothing wrong with them.

City was a similar tactic like this game against Benfica, defend and counter. It almost work, but went down with Essien handball...

The Spurs, that was not Robbie fault but the players. They played bad, and gave no passion for the team except the defenders.

That game showed that no matter what happen this season, if we where to do a miracle and win the CL, Chelsea still need mids and wingers.

I am ready to remove the Interim tab from DiMatteo. He totally out-couched Jesus today, who thought CFC would come in w/ some bruisers. Instead CFC came out fast & sleek & out maneuvered Benfica. True Benfica was not given a pk, but Robbie D didn't do anything wrong today.

rdm_en.jpg

Doing a fantastic job so far, can really see the difference with him in charge, if he can carry on this momentum until the end of the season & maybe sneak a trophy then he may even grab the job permanently.

He was tactically excellent tonight. From my match report:

RDM has always been vastly under-rated tactically, you don't mastermind 4 points out of 6 at The Emirates and Old Trafford with West Brom if your weak or even average tactically.

RDM is sound technically, he Hasn't done much, if anything, wrong. Altough his tactical skills aren't any greater than AVB, it's his man management that appears to be slighlty better. And I say 'Appears' because if the team really was trying to get AVB fired than logically they'd play better no matter who the next Manager was.

Loving the work he's doing so far and like said if he nabs us a trophy cant see why he wouldnt be considred at the end.Saying that though soon as he gets it permeantly pressure is on.Get a bad result and tactics wrong and no doubt be slated both by fans and press....and then the bets for his sacking and that be on.At the moment as he's only temporary less pressure really as he's just filling in.And seeing as he's seen first hand the way players,owners etc can turn.Be intresting to see it he does accept it.

Then again whoever we get will get the same treatment when the results go bad.Guess depends on how well they handle it.

I think we are all jumping the gun a tad, if he is offered the permanent position, who is to say that he accepts? We don't know RDM personally and he may reject the postion for someting a little less stressful.

The difference is the PL experience that RDM got compare to AVB. The way he set up for certain games tells me that he knows what system to play against a particular opponent in the PL.

To know the weakness and strength of a team, and how to play to their full potential is something that takes time to learn.

It is why today my number one choice is Moyes.

Now, If Chelsea give RDM the full job, I won't complaint. I take it as he has done good and at this moment the most important thing Chelsea needs is new players. Managers can wait a bit longer.

So RDM can easily continue on the role he has.

The real assess of his managerial career should be measure in the middle of the season where most managers seem to go down.....