New Chelsea Manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capello would be my choice. He is an authoritarian with exceptional experience in club football at the world's biggest clubs. He would be able to handle the egos with ease, plus he has considerable experience of the English game having handled the Premier League's best with the national team. If RDM isn't going to be offered the job, Capello would be my choice. He would probably keep RDM on as an assistant if Robbie would accept such a role.

Obviously RDM is the man for me, however Capello is a fantastic manager, regardless of the England situation, and I feel he could get us challenging for the league next year or the year after.

Anyone agree?

the thing that would concern me with Capello is his age.it would concern me more tho if we had an owner that would let any manager atleast see out his contract. really thought with AVB he had wised up and had changed his stance but not to be.

if it`s not RDB i would personally go for Larry White a.k.a Laurent Blanc but i would personally give a manager alot longer than Roman does.

with Capello i should imagine that the 30odd year old brats we have would grow the fook up and play for him. Capello atleast is due some respect from JT for how he stood by him when others wanted to throw him under the bus.

1. RDM

2. Capello

3. Blanc

I would love it if RDM gets the permanent job but if not i would like to see capello or blanc to take over. Capello because he is the best manager available. Blanc has done a good job at Bordeaux and the national team and said he is open for a big club. A gamble but would be a good option.

Capello wouldn't be a bad choice since he has been successful at club level for a long time and still commands respect from almost every player and fellow manager. It's almost certain that if hired he'd at least help us qualify for the Champions League, but he's too old already and the teams he's managed all played defensive football including the great AC Milan of the early 1990s with the Dutch trio, which is not compatible with our board's desire of developing an attractive style of football. I think we should only sign a 1 year rolling contract with him so that as soon as a young, successful, attacking-oriented manager like Klopp or Guardiola becomes available we'll be able to get him without having to pay enormous compensation fee for sacking him as we did in the case of AVB.

If we are to go for Capello, why not Hiddink? I know he's got a contract with Anzhi(not a long term one too) but surely Roman can do something about given his Russian connections??

Hiddink revealed that he has an option to break his contract this june