New Chelsea Manager

:doh:

Rikjaard couldn't! He didn't have them playing the way they have right now, that's all down to Guardiola introducing that style back into Barcelona. Cryuff started it, but after he left Barca next encapsulated that spirit again, Guardiola changed everything. From the academy system, to the diets of the players. He knows everything about the club, inside out. Made the right transfers, brought in the right players from the academy, worked out a different training method etc.

Guardiola is terrible with transfers. Instead of blowing £60 million on Fibreglass and Alexis he should have bought a LB and a CB.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guardiola is terrible with transfers. Instead of blowing £60 million on Fibreglass and Alexis he should have bought a LB and a CB.

Also he would be very much like AVB with his tactis and terrible man-management. The man simply does not know any other styles of football than Barcelona's tiki-taka or whatever the fuck it's called. AVB tried something like that when he was at Chelsea and when it didn't work with the players he had he was clueless so what makes people think Guardiola would be any better?

The only one I would even think about giving the job is Mourinho and as it turns out he may not even be available so that leaves only one choice and that is to stick with our very own Roberto Di Matteo.

One game changes everything. Now people are saying RDM is better than Guardiola.

I said after the match we should give RDM the job, right now I dont think its time to think abou it. Lets concentrate in the final moments of the season, with FA and UCL final.

After that we can discuss about this.

One game changes everything. Now people are saying RDM is better than Guardiola.

I said after the match we should give RDM the job, right now I dont think its time to think abou it. Lets concentrate in the final moments of the season, with FA and UCL final.

After that we can discuss about this.

You're 100% right.

We have taken the steps to turn this season around, into something larger then we could ahve imagined at the start of the season - but we shouldn't allow that to take our feet from the pedal. We are battling in three fronts, and need to take it game by game without any distractions in the way such as the stupid handshake arguement. 100% dedication to the goal makes the ride much easier then none at all!

Buck - Chelsea right to change

When people talk about instability at Chelsea, they refer to the fact we have changed a lot of managers over the years, and we have.

"It is probably important to have stability with your manager, but you have to do it with the right manager.

"We think we have made the right decisions all along, and we have a hell of a lot of trophies to show what we have done over the last eight or nine years, so that is the proof in the pudding.

"It is about the Chelsea spirit, we kept the blue flag flying high, and we just have to be proud of these guys each day.

"We have had a lot of ups and down this season, a lot of criticism, but here we are in the final of the Champions League and the final of the FA Cup, it is a pretty good position to be in."

Buck you fool!

How can you take pride of your wrongdoings!

If anything you should be ashamed of failing to appoint the right man every time, and having to spend large chunk of money on compensations packages when we could be using that money to buy players!

We should seriously close this thread till the summer, we have to focus the end this season as champions of Europe, finish 4th, and increase our FA Cup record

We should actually pin this thread, because we will be looking for a new manager every season with Gourlay mentalitty!

We should actually pin this thread, because we will be looking for a new manager every season with Gourlay mentalitty!

I think this stupid argument should be dead in the water after we kicked AVB ass and reached UCL final with RDM. Plus it was Roman that fired the coach, its him that make this kind of big decision.

And its not time to think about it yet. RDM is doing an amazing job, he is our current and INTERIM manager. Its very easy to assume RDM is the right man after only few weeks in charge and already in an UCL final. I just want to say: Grant also reached a UCL final, and Benitez won it in his first season as Liverpool manager.

Lets just enjoy the rest of the season.

Di Matteo has done wonders with Chelsea, he really deserves the job imo

Yes, he deserves. But its not a question if he deserves or not, whats matter is what is the right decision for the future of this club. But I have to say he must be considered as one of our options.

Want guardiola here ASAP. would hate for Di matteo to stay because then it would be fire in the waiting and chelsea great having tarnished record. As soon as the transition of letting most 30+'s away and integrating youth many will say we need more experience. which is a shame cuz nobody has patience anymore. Di matteo great INTERIM manager but not solid steady the ship guy. And guys proof is in pudding, what do we hear countless times on this forum especially, "he really connects with THIS squad" yeah THIS squad which either way is dismantled come summer time. Guardiola on other hand would be great to implement even if not fully just slightly the idea that possesion is key like arsenal, and barca will produce sexy football (which i dont care as long as we are winning) and Guardiola is a name brand everyone will flock towards him when he does leave cuz they know what he can do with great players. Now i understand he didn't fully create it, but it thrived under him and why can't that happen somewhere else!?

love and respect what Di Matteo has done but he must not be given reigns its just firing waiting to happen.

oh and all this Guardiola stuff is in hope that tomorrow (friday) he states he does indeed want to leave:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1055094/pep-guardiola-to-part-company-with-barcelona---reports

Want guardiola here ASAP. would hate for Di matteo to stay because then it would be fire in the waiting and chelsea great having tarnished record. As soon as the transition of letting most 30+'s away and integrating youth many will say we need more experience. which is a shame cuz nobody has patience anymore. Di matteo great INTERIM manager but not solid steady the ship guy. And guys proof is in pudding, what do we hear countless times on this forum especially, "he really connects with THIS squad" yeah THIS squad which either way is dismantled come summer time. Guardiola on other hand would be great to implement even if not fully just slightly the idea that possesion is key like arsenal, and barca will produce sexy football (which i dont care as long as we are winning) and Guardiola is a name brand everyone will flock towards him when he does leave cuz they know what he can do with great players. Now i understand he didn't fully create it, but it thrived under him and why can't that happen somewhere else!?

love and respect what Di Matteo has done but he must not be given reigns its just firing waiting to happen.

oh and all this Guardiola stuff is in hope that tomorrow (friday) he states he does indeed want to leave:

http://soccernet.esp...elona---reports

If we win the CL (which we are one match from doing), I highly doubt the squad would be "dismantled".