Henrique

Who should be our main striker?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. main striker for next season

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is............. ''Who should be our main striker next season''. Can anyone who voted for Torres please explain to me why he ''should'' be our main striker next season ? What has he done to even deserve a place in our squad ? If we had bought Torres for 5 million pounds then he would have no votes, people are still clinging on to a lost hope because once upon a time he was a supreme striker. FACE IT GUYS AND GALS WE HAVE BEEN FUCKED OVER BIG TIME !

I would go with Sturridge, he is maybe selfish but that's what the central striker has to be. He has some good skills on the ball, and the speed that promoted him to the right-wing position will be well used even on the central position. No need for another possible-flop-buy-for-big-money.

There are lots of options but I don't think that finding a main striker should be the priority this Summer. What will be the point in having a main striker if we cant create anything for the striker to feed off of? Priority number one must be a creative midfielder. What is the point in having a main striker if, at the other end, we are leaking goals by the bucket load, a rejig in the defence, be it a new right back or a new centre back, must be priority number two. Then a new striker is priority number three, I also wouldn't say no to another winger.

i think you hit the nail on the head there, all this talk of a new striker, a new striker will be in the same position as the strikers we already have no service, and i see everyone is jumping on the hate Torres bus still/again 9getting boring now) most games this season it has been the midfeild where the game has been lost, Drogba hasnt done that much this season aswell. lets wait and see what happens at the end of the season and who we buy, but we need creative midfield, solid holding role (think essien will be that guy) solid right back and natural width we dont need two, just one with two good feet that can switch sides and mix it up and give us a plan b when plan a isnt working.

There are lots of options but I don't think that finding a main striker should be the priority this Summer. What will be the point in having a main striker if we cant create anything for the striker to feed off of? Priority number one must be a creative midfielder. What is the point in having a main striker if, at the other end, we are leaking goals by the bucket load, a rejig in the defence, be it a new right back or a new centre back, must be priority number two. Then a new striker is priority number three, I also wouldn't say no to another winger.

Absolutely agreed. We have Sturridge, Torres, Kalou and Lukaku who can fulfil that position. We need people who can supply them; rather than buying a playmaker (which we already have in Mata), we need two decent wingers, and a right-back. Believe it or not, that's all. Maybe a couple more squad players like Meireles as well.

Absolutely agreed. We have Sturridge, Torres, Kalou and Lukaku who can fulfil that position. We need people who can supply them; rather than buying a playmaker (which we already have in Mata), we need two decent wingers, and a right-back. Believe it or not, that's all. Maybe a couple more squad players like Meireles as well.

I think we need a few midfielders who can pass the ball forward.

Interesting stat: our 472 shots this season are second only to city. We have scored 47 goals this season giving us an average of a goal every 10 shots, while utd only have 421 shots and 66 goals (a goal every 6.3 shots). Had we had this ratio of efficiency we would've had 74 goals, which is more than any other team in the EPL including city.

Really comes to show that having a few decent strikers can make all the difference in the world.

http://www.thescore....lits?type=goals

EDIT: Those stats don't include our single goal from 23 shot today.