Henrique

Who should be our main striker?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. main striker for next season

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of signing another high profile striker, we should address our real problem areas and play Lukaku and Sturridge up top. We need to get a right winger; possibly a left winger.

Our problems are much deeper than getting a right or a left winger.

The topic is about who should be our mais striker for next season, not If stfikers are our biggest issue for next season, as a matter o fact its only of our many issues for next season.

You are a disgrace to our club. Suarez in and Sturridge out? Please go back to the cave you came from.

Give me 3 reason why Sturridge is better then Suarez? And don't use the word racist, the same Man United loving English media that crucified our own captain are the ones that are destroying Suarez. Even though he may come across as a grub to some, the guy is a natural goal scorer and a competitive athlete. Something we've needed here since 2010...

Sturridge may have had a handful of good games this season but is suffering from "can't pass" syndrome.. or is it "wont pass" syndrome?? Either way the guy needs to mature a lot before he is worth all the praise half you guys give him..

I don't know how the faith in Torres is still going strong with some.

I was one of his biggest backers up until about October, i was convinced his barren run was a one off and he would come good for us but since then he has beaten his previous 17 game barren run, time to face facts the lad is finished.

We will here the excuses about lack of service from the other players but many times at his peak he use to pick up the ball put defenders on their arse and finish with aplomb, he even chipped in with his fair share of long range goals, those type of goals don't need world class service so why can't he do that here?

I don't want to hear the he has made a few assist's here and there strikers are here to score and the only time a forward can get away with a reasonably poor goal record is if he makes up for it in literally every other department, like Dennis Bergkamp for example but even he would not have got away with 5 goals in 46 games.

The fact that 4 of his 5 goals came in 4 games and the other came against West Ham makes this even worse.

Luis Suarez is a cheating thug. He may be able to score, but he's not worth it. You must be really desperate because there are others who are better and won't tarnish our reputation. Did you forget that he fucking BIT someone while in Ajax?

Maybe he was hungry?? ;) We could use that hunger at Chelsea.. I think the guys here are too well fed..

Torres is not even playing for Spain, how can anyone believe he should be our main striker for next season? Torres fan boys, I bet.

Not a fan boy. I was against Torres, while everyone was singing and praising his name here when we got him....I actually wanted Cavani back then, and now apparently they want Cavani now.....

But we got him, and the fact that the main fault does not lies in the strikers is well documented and mention by AVB at the beginning of the season, and should not be forgotten.

Chelsea can buy Higuian to have an insurance policy, but I will still go with Torres as main striker next season if we fix the problem that is killing our strikes at the moment.

Give me 3 reason why Sturridge is better then Suarez? And don't use the word racist, the same Man United loving English media that crucified our own captain are the ones that are destroying Suarez. Even though he may come across as a grub to some, the guy is a natural goal scorer and a competitive athlete. Something we've needed here since 2010...

Sturridge may have had a handful of good games this season but is suffering from "can't pass" syndrome.. or is it "wont pass" syndrome?? Either way the guy needs to mature a lot before he is worth all the praise half you guys give him..

Because Sturridge is naturally a forward (CF), not a winger. The reason he's playing out there is because we got a 50m striker they insist on keep playing despite not scoring goals and that we havent got anyone else to take sturridge's position.

Well, we can rule out Cavani:

Whoever thinks I want to go to a bigger club is totally wrong,” Cavani told Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

“Napoli is a great club and we already demonstrated that the other day against Chelsea.

“They have given me all the confidence in the world and I can’t wait to attack with (Ezequiel) Lavezzi as a couple again because he is making me a better striker all the time”

http://www.london24...._city_1_1223836