Who should be our main striker?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. main striker for next season

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.goal.com/...e-drogba-report

15m+Lukaku on loan for Ba would be a great deal.

If there's a reason why no big clubs really went for Ba so far, it's because his current physical condition is too risky. He broke his leg when he played in belgium and since this injury, his career really relies on one bad tackle. That's why Stoke didn't concretize the move, no one could have predicted that Ba would be an instant success. West Ham didn't had many other opportunities to sign strikers as good as him so that's why they signed him with a contract with several release clausis.

Otherwise he's a good striker but I think he's among the ones who has to be the main asset of their team to be good week after week, plus, after having struggled to launch his career I don't think he'd accept a 3rd striker role in a big club with resricted playing time.

If there's a reason why no big clubs really went for Ba so far, it's because his current physical condition is too risky. He broke his leg when he played in belgium and since this injury, his career really relies on one bad tackle. That's why Stoke didn't concretize the move, no one could have predicted that Ba would be an instant success. West Ham didn't had many other opportunities to sign strikers as good as him so that's why they signed him with a contract with several release clausis.

Otherwise he's a good striker but I think he's among the ones who has to be the main asset of their team to be good week after week, plus, after having struggled to launch his career I don't think he'd accept a 3rd striker role in a big club with resricted playing time.

How about Doumbia,is he also injure prone because if he isn't I think he would do quite well at Chelsea.

I don't think so, he's been a massive threat in... Swiss League and in Russia. And I don't want to vehiculate a cliché but he seems a bit money driven.

I think there are really better options available elsewhere, cheap also because CSKA'd ask at least 16m for him...

My favourite would be Steven Fletcher as a rotation striker, he's versatile and pretty complete. Able to play as a support striker as well as a lone striker, his finishing and heading play are deavstating and he's very elegant on the ball

I don't think so, he's been a massive threat in... Swiss League and in Russia. And I don't want to vehiculate a cliché but he seems a bit money driven.

I think there are really better options available elsewhere, cheap also because CSKA'd ask at least 16m for him...

My favourite would be Steven Fletcher as a rotation striker, he's versatile and pretty complete. Able to play as a support striker as well as a lone striker, his finishing and heading play are deavstating and he's very elegant on the ball

Arsenal - van Persie

Man Utd - Rooney, Hernandez

Man City - Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko

Spurs - Adebayor

Real Madrid - Benzema, Higuain

Barcelona - Messi

AC Milan - Ibrahimovic, Pato, Robinho

Napoli - Cavani, Lavezzi

Bayern Munich - Gomez

Chelsea - STEVEN FLETCHER!

Amazing.

Arsenal - van Persie

Man Utd - Rooney, Hernandez

Man City - Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko

Spurs - Adebayor

Real Madrid - Benzema, Higuain

Barcelona - Messi

AC Milan - Ibrahimovic, Pato, Robinho

Napoli - Cavani, Lavezzi

Bayern Munich - Gomez

Chelsea - STEVEN FLETCHER!

Amazing.

I get your point....Fletcher may not be a big name player...but there are lots of good unheralded players out der....(not defending steven fletcher but other unsung playrs)

Cavani and Torres for me, I know that sounds a little greedy, but after watching Cavani play against us in the first leg against Napoli, he is immense! And Torres after getting some goals and assists against Leicester, he's slowly coming back into the frame.. didn't deserve to be on the losing side at Man City either!

Torres has good games since January, I think he deserved credit for the awful support and deliveries he received during this period. Only goals lacked in many of his games for some weeks. Anyway I really wan't to look at Mario Gomez's last seasons and the struggles of his first season.

I don't know if Cavani eventually signs and he has a goal duck of 10 or 15 games before scoring ; if people will give him the same amount of stick than Torres received.

I get your point....Fletcher may not be a big name player...but there are lots of good unheralded players out der....(not defending steven fletcher but other unsung playrs)

Anyway I don't really know in terms of what is Adebayor far better than Steven Fletcher, except by the fact he plays in a far better team in term of playing.

Maybe his first touches, or his clinical finishing, really the Togolese has many assets !

Team for next season

---------Romeu------------Mceachran---------------

----------------------Mata-----------------------

-----KDB----------Sturridge--------New Winger---

This is with only one singing, we need and probably will get 2 signings (NP= New Player)

--------Romeu--------------------------Mceachran-------

-----Mata/NP---------NP/Mata-----------New Player

------------------------Sturridge-----------------------------

a little surprised only 2 voted for drog more surprised that 12 think Lukaku is ready to be our MAIN striker

I think it goes to show how fed up most of us are with the old gaurd. People want to look to the future.

Lukaku is by no means ready to be our main striker but he needs to be used or go on loan next season.

If Robbie played Torres for the rest of the season, and gave some decent game time to Lukaku we could see how both stack up for next season. I don't see the point in keeping trust in Drogba when he's leaving in the summer and a few good games aside, has been shite for the last 18 months.

If Torres bombs then we need a new main striker, but if he played and got another 4 or 5 goals this season then I would stick with him.

Torres has always thrived being the main man and having someone have confidence in him being main man. It was the case at both Atletico Madrid and Liverpool.

I would then in those circumstances be happy for us to buy someone like Demba Ba if his £7m release clause is true to add the squad depth left thin by the departure of Drogba.