Main striker for next season

Henrique

Who should be our main striker?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. main striker for next season

I can't see us getting Cavani. Probably he will stay few seasons more at Napoli and than move to big Serie A club or La Liga club (Real Madrid).

Higuain seems to be happy playing for Real. Although, he's second option, I believe he will stay.

If Torres doesn't step up his game he should be sold this summer. Atletico just loves him so I believe, they would hand in that deal with Falcao, which would be abosolute steal for us, so my vote goes to Falcao.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. You can't have them both. Cavani/Iguain/Falcao as striker and Sturridge as right winger. It won't work. Because most of the time, instead of cooperating together, our striker and Sturridge will compete in "who will have more shots on the goal" discipline. OK if Cavani take so many shots he will score, but that's not the point.

Sturridge won't be of great benefit to our future striker, nevermind how he will be "pleased" if we actually get one.

And don't tell me he has right to have that attitude because of Torres. He had it during short "Torres may be back" spell, and he is doing it with Drogba who is able to score.

Get Cavani/Iguain/Falcao and you will get yourself unhappy Sturridge, and when doesn't score, very useless winger. And we can't afford it. So we should give Sturridge a chance to shine at CF position and give right wing position to genuine team player who can and enjoys creating chances for strikers, and who plays for the team not for himself.

And how I would love to see Sturridge at CF position right now, when he is instead of fullback , surrounded with DM and CB with our generous midfield. I know he would score goals , but how often and how easy? That would give so much answers for summer. But with Anelka's departure, slim chance of that happening.

Anyway, my answer is Sturridge.

No. You can't have it both. Cavani/Iguain/Falcao as striker and Sturridge as right winger. It won't work. Because most of the time, instead of cooperating together, our striker and Sturridge will compete in "who will have more shots on the goal" discipline. OK if Cavani take so many shots he will score, but that's not the point.

Sturridge won't be of great benefit to our future striker, nevermind how he will be "pleased" if we actually get one.

And don't tell me he has right to have that attitude because of Torres. He had it during short "Torres may be back" spell, and he is doing it with Drogba who is able to score.

Get Cavani/Iguain/Falcao and you will get yourself unhappy Sturridge, and when doesn't score, very useless winger. And we can't afford it. So we should give Sturridge a chance to shine at CF position and give right wing position to genuine team player who can and enjoys creating chances for strikers, and who plays for the team not for himself.

And how I would love to see Sturridge at CF position right now, when he is instead of fullback , surrounded with DM and CB with our generous midfield. I know he would score goals , but how often and how easy? That would give so much answers for summer. But with Anelka's departure, slim chance of that happening.

Anyway, my answer is Sturridge.

Oh come on...

Sturridge just needs to be disciplined and he'll turn into a better player (like Robinho under Allegri at AC Milan).

He is not a CF. He can be part of 2 or 3 upfront but not alone - he doesn't have the physical or tactical ability.

Also Napoli play with a central striker (Cavani) and 2 forwards (Hamsik, Lavezzi) so if we stay with 3 players

upfront he could fit in.

Has to be between Cavani and Falcao. The fact is, we play a system (and probably will always play a system) where we require a big, strong, powerful target man in our centre forward. Not someone who plays off the shoulder, with ball to feet. It's why Sheva & Torres could never function in our team and why Lukaku does have a chance in the future.

For me we have a first class striker. We have to concentrate on getting the best out him next season. The service to the forward at the moment is frankly f**king s**t. Pele couldn't score in this Chelsea team at the moment. It is too easy to look at the fact Torres is not scoring and say we should get rid, but we should be looking deeper at the problem because Torres is not the problem with this team at the moment.

Sorry, but that's not a good argument to support Torres, he is also shit playing for Spain.

Has to be between Cavani and Falcao. The fact is, we play a system (and probably will always play a system) where we require a big, strong, powerful target man in our centre forward. Not someone who plays off the shoulder, with ball to feet. It's why Sheva & Torres could never function in our team and why Lukaku does have a chance in the future.

I agree 100%. Either one would be ideal.

Methinks the Torres + cash for Falcao fantasy insults Atletico's intelligence a bit.

30-35m + Torres ?

Cavani wont cost more than Torres, that was a stupid move, its not a standart for anything, and I dont think Higuain will end up here because I dont think he want play Real and move for Chelsea right now, and dont think we are really interested, and he is not worth 30m, and why Madrid would sell him?

I think both Cavani and Falcao are more realistic moves.

You're probably right, as for Higuiain no reason for them to sell him, but surely he will eventually get frustrated with Benzema getting picked ahead of him most of the time.

A Torres that scores goals is the best option for us.... if u have any doubts go back to Old Trafford last September and will see that he's still got it... when we release Drogba and Lampard and anyone else who might cause a power-problem for AVB, then each player can start to master his role - especially Torres.

I just hope it's not AVB who's axed - that would be the dumbest move ever.

Daniel Sturridge.

I think that the more improtant additions needs to be a CM, RW and/or a LW. Sturridge proved he can be consistent in scoring goals , and

if he'll play in his position- as the stiker, he will score more. So i dont see the point in wasting Abramovich's money on a striker like Cavani or Falcao,

instead of wasting the money on world class players in the positions i mentioned. You dont have to have a hugh name as a striker...

a good finisher who plays near players like Hazard, Hulk, Moutinho (just for example) and Mata will be enough for us.

I want a quality winger, and a playmaker in midfield, then see how our strikers play.

Thats it.

BUT, not Torres. The guy doesnt suffer only from 'lack of opportunities', he's just a bad striker this days. He can prove wrong, but thats he's status for now.

I am not as crazy on Falcao as others. Yes he can finish. But what is his link up play like? Could he score with not so good service? Does he need chances set up on a plate ala RVP? I'm not sure.

Plus Lukaku is more ready than people are taking him for.