Main striker for next season

Henrique

Who should be our main striker?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. main striker for next season

I personally want to see 2 CF's whith a smaller one linking up lukaku. Don't think Studge would want to be that guy soo is we stay 4-2-3-1, then it's ok, just have a quality Main striker and give lukaku the games vs lesser teams.

Lukaku, Studge and Torres. Next season sounds ok, and we sign a cm/LW and a RW for when Studge leads the way.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who still believe in Torres, I hope you changed your minds after he missed that open goal in game against Napoli.

Ok, Torres has been horrible in scoring but that 'open goal' you have mentioned wasn't clear goal scoring oportunity at all. It was actually hard one though it was open.

Torres went on a 17 game drought in games for Chelsea, Liverpool and Spain then went on a mini "run" of something like 6 in 12 and has now resorted back to type and has beaten his last 17 game goal drought and is now on 22 i think.

Excuses have ran out, last season after signing in January the service, struggling to settle, not had a proper break for 3 years excuses were viable but since then he has had a summer off, full pre season and while we go on about lack of service, Mata has created more chances then anyone else in the prem this season, why hasn't Torres benefited from Mata?

Clear fact is he has scored 5 in 51 games, the fact that 4 of those goals came in 4 consecutive games makes it's even worse.

I would love it if he proves me wrong and i will happily take my dose of humble pie but it's 99% not going to happen.

Torres went on a 17 game drought in games for Chelsea, Liverpool and Spain then went on a mini "run" of something like 6 in 12 and has now resorted back to type and has beaten his last 17 game goal drought and is now on 22 i think.

He is on 24 or 25 by now.

Excuses have ran out, last season after signing in January the service, struggling to settle, not had a proper break for 3 years excuses were viable but since then he has had a summer off, full pre season and while we go on about lack of service, Mata has created more chances then anyone else in the prem this season, why hasn't Torres benefited from Mata?

Clear fact is he has scored 5 in 51 games, the fact that 4 of those goals came in 4 consecutive games makes it's even worse.

I would love it if he proves me wrong and i will happily take my dose of humble pie but it's 99% not going to happen.

Fair point.... but who do you think should lead the attack next season? we need a lethal scorer, sure but given the financial fairplay rules already applied, who is great and inexpensive? all depends on the manager of course, and the two dutch veterans are leading the race in that one.....

Benzema would be ideal methinks. But I voted for Higuian. I like GH because he relies on pure technique and positioning rather than physical attributes.

I can't stand looking at Cavani. He creeps me out.

higuain/cavani/falcao/whoever else is linked hereafter should be signed only if we manage to sell some dead wood...preferably torres for more than 20...

I feel for Lukaku. 18 million pounds and he's barely had a game. We should alternate between Sturridge and Lukaku in pre-season or towards the end of this season if we have the luxury of not having to win. That can tell us if Romelu and Sturridge are ready to step up. If they are do we need to buy a new striker? What about that Mexican bloke we signed who's on loan, hows he done?

the mexican bloke Ulises Dávila is currently on loan at Vitesse in the Dutch league along with Patrick van Aanholt and Tomas Kalas. Kalas has started regularly for the team but Patrick and Ulises have been used sparingly... Who else thinks that we should get a feeder club at Germany or France rather than Netherlands (no disrespect to the Eredivisie) and Hamburg is NOT one of Chelsea's feeder clubs!

Who else thinks that we should get a feeder club at Germany or France rather than Netherlands (no disrespect to the Eredivisie) and Hamburg is NOT one of Chelsea's feeder clubs!

What about Monaco? Their very exsistence is in question.

Benzema would be ideal methinks. But I voted for Higuian. I like GH because he relies on pure technique and positioning rather than physical attributes.

With the money Roman has we should negotiate to Real to sell us Ronaldo and give us Jose back. A fella can only dream, sigh lol.

This a football club and not a model agency and Cavani a damn good footballer.

the mexican bloke Ulises Dávila is currently on loan at Vitesse in the Dutch league along with Patrick van Aanholt and Tomas Kalas. Kalas has started regularly for the team but Patrick and Ulises have been used sparingly... Who else thinks that we should get a feeder club at Germany or France rather than Netherlands (no disrespect to the Eredivisie) and Hamburg is NOT one of Chelsea's feeder clubs!

The thing with Netherlands, according to Football Manager anyway, is that it only takes 3 years to get a work permit. I think it takes 5 in other EU countries.

Torres is on one goal per 11 hours at the moment. That's really not good enough. If we can get a decent run with him in these remaining few games of the season (say, 10 from 15) we can pull off a heist by pretending he's back to his best. If that happens we could easily pick up 30 million for him. I think we all agree he's not cut out to lead the line for us next year.

I may be proven wrong, of course. What if he hits a hat trick against City and then follows it up with a goal a game all the way up to the Champions League Final? In that case I'd have to flip on my current position.

Torres is on one goal per 11 hours at the moment. That's really not good enough. If we can get a decent run with him in these remaining few games of the season (say, 10 from 15) we can pull off a heist by pretending he's back to his best. If that happens we could easily pick up 30 million for him. I think we all agree he's not cut out to lead the line for us next year.

I may be proven wrong, of course. What if he hits a hat trick against City and then follows it up with a goal a game all the way up to the Champions League Final? In that case I'd have to flip on my current position.

True,he can be a very unpredictable player and his erratic performances have shown that.We can rely more on Drogba and maybe Sturridge(if he gets the chance to play cf) but all of us want Torres to succeed here at Chelsea and be the striker he used to be.Our confidence level increases when we see him score goals and provide assists but then there are times where he is just terrible.The only reason why I support Torres is because I admire his modest personality and work rate.Lets not forget his past achievements as a footballer.He did a brave thing by coming here from Liverpool for a hefty transfer amount and we all just want him to do well here.Even if we part ways with him,I just hope he leaves on a good note so that he can succeed in the future.

I don't think many teams, especially us in present condition can afford one let alone two luxury players who can be devastating once in a while but are rubbish more often than not. We've got two of those kinds of players; Sturridge and Torres.

One of them must either leave or adapt their game so even when they're not having a great outing they can at least hold their own. For Sturridge this may be tracking back and helping the defence and ignoring his selfish nature, for Torres this could be putting in a Rooney/Drogba like performance where he hassles defenders.

ha! gud one