Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

De Bruyne has been one of the stars of the WC qualifying campaign for Belgium thus far. He had a poor game in the last game v. Macedonia but he's been the 2nd best player on the team besides Courtois. Hazard appears to be finally coming to life for the national team and of course the team has loads of talent everywhere save for the fullback positions specifically the right.

He's going to be worth crazy money in a couple of years barring injury but he impacts the game differently then Hazard, Mata, etc. He's basically a young Paul Scholes, but with a greater goal scoring touch. If for some reason he leaves Chelsea he'll end up at Barca/Madrid/Bayern in a few years.

I love Hazard and he's got the flair to be one of the greats but Dr Bruyne has capability to a great in much more understated way similar to how Iniesta is so valuable but understated to Messi

hes not better than oscar and hes certainly not better than hazard

KDB and Oscar are at the same level for me. They both start for their international teams, at a similar age. Very good achievement considering their respective nationalities.

KDB this season has 10 goals and 11 assists in 34 games

Oscar has 12 goals and 12 assists in 63 games.

if we play him as a RW, he will be really fast on the bench. lacks pace and speed for RW position. and also isnt a big dribbler neither. de bruyne as a RW is a complete waste

schweinstiger was mostly mediocre as a RW...in the centre he is 100 times better.

He performs well on the right for Belgium, and it is also where he began his career for Genk. He does seem best centrally but his crossing is great, he's two footed and is just a very good footballer..I think he'd be fine on the wing.

@wecker you cant compare oscar to de bruyne. oscar played way more games in a more difficult league. also oscar played on the wing, while de bryune played in his preferred position in the centre. both are great talents, but i dont see how anybody can say "hey kdb played good for bremen, he is btter than oscar!". Oscar played VERY GOOD if you think about how many matches he played (without proper pre-season) and his 1st season being here. dont disrespect other players of our club, just because you like a belgian player (which i can understand..)

Then on the other hand people will say how a player will look better playing with better players to suit their arguement, I think there's many variables that come with the different stature of teams they both play in, some that are positive and negative. Oscar under RDM had a free role in our fluid front three with Mata and Hazard don't forget, and KDB has more experience playing on the wing then Oscar as well. As I said above, he started his career at Genk as a winger. He also starts for Belgium as a winger. I don't think there's much between them for me, based on this season.

@wecker you cant compare oscar to de bruyne. oscar played way more games in a more difficult league.

Well there's a problem, you think the English Premier League is so much better then the Bundesliga. If for one only see the English one spending more money, but that's it. Germany on the other hand has a much larger pool of quality home grown players to help that difference for one. Also there was only one good and consistent opponent in England last year and that was man utd. Bayern and Dortmund would have ended first and secon the BPL, Man utd would have battled Leverkussen for third. And do you rate teams as Arsenal or Tottenham so much higher than Shalke? I don't.

The Bundesliga has been and still is growing as competition, while I haven't seen the same in England. More amazing is how they are doing that in a financially sound way and within a financially sound economy. Germany is the future, well for a few years it will be.

Edit: Or you can rightly ignore me as my spelling and grammar shows that I obviously had enough to drink.

Then on the other hand people will say how a player will look better playing with better players to suit their arguement, I think there's many variables that come with the different stature of teams they both play in, some that are positive and negative. Oscar under RDM had a free role in our fluid front three with Mata and Hazard don't forget, and KDB has more experience playing on the wing then Oscar as well. As I said above, he started his career at Genk as a winger. He also starts for Belgium as a winger. I don't think there's much between them for me, based on this season.

I won't compare Oscar to De Bruyne...cause they are both gifted midfielders with high potential. I just think De Bruyne is better suited for the RW role.

Well there's a problem, you think the English Premier League is so much better then the Bundesliga. If for one only see the English one spending more money, but that's it. Germany on the other hand has a much larger pool of quality home grown players to help that difference for one. Also there was only one good and consistent opponent in England last year and that was man utd. Bayern and Dortmund would have ended first and secon the BPL, Man utd would have battled Leverkussen for third. And do you rate teams as Arsenal or Tottenham so much higher than Shalke? I don't.

The Bundesliga has been and still is growing as competition, while I haven't seen the same in England. More amazing is how they are doing that in a financially sound way and within a financially sound economy. Germany is the future, well for a few years it will be.

Edit: Or you can rightly ignore me as my spelling and grammar shows that I obviously had enough to drink.

The gap between Bundesliga and EPL has never been wider. The quality of the Bundesliga is reflected by championship-level teams as Frankfurt and SC Freiburg competing for the CL places over the majority of the season and ending up in the EL. Also there is the everlasting outflux of the top players, with them joining a Spanish or English team or BAyern immediately after their break-through the constant production of quality homegrown players has yet beward the total downfall but it is only a question of time until we can't produce enough talents to make up for that loss.

the best 7 teams in the EPL are all better than anyone in the Bundesliga except BVB and Bayern. I highly doubt these two would even finish in the CL with their current squad. it is a whole lot of a difference playing 34 games and a maximum of 6 cup games with fuzzy refereeing and soft tackles or playing 38 games +Fa Cup +Carling Cup +European games +international games for almost every EPL player (whereas BuLI players are predominantly German and hence only a minority has international duty) against the Stokes, Westhams, Sunderlands etc.... In England the football is much faster and the technical level is way higher. When you are Bayern, most teams wave the white flag after 20 mins, In England every team, even manutd have to fight to the last whistle.

If referees were fair and the FA ditched those redundant carling cup matches and reduce the number of teams in the league, English teams would be way more succesfull in Europe, no one would have a chance. As of now, worn-out English teams with 2 games every weak face rested Spanish and German teams who have been prepared for the international challenge for weeks.

And as for the finances. There are maybe 4 or 5 clubs that are financially stable the rest is just as stricken as most EPL clubs just with waaaaay less turnover. As of now, rich German teams such as leverkusen, schalke, stuttgart compete with EPL-Newcomers and bottom-half clubs. for player. unless this changes, future of club football still lies far away from germany. The BuLi is not growing as a competition, mainly it is a competition because almost every club has no plan and is shit. The only club that is able to compete internationally, also long term is FC BAyern, the Free State of Bavaria will ensure that - one way or an other.

De bruyne is better than Oscar. De bruyne has the run the most meters in the bundes liga and has created the second most changes of all players. His speed, technique are on oscar's level. His vision is on matas and his crossballs are probably top 3 in the world. We might as well sell Hazard too when we are at it because they are on the same level.

We payed 30 million for Oscar but we would sell the bruyne, which is a better playe for 15. If this is true this is the worst decision our board has ever made. Including the signing of Torres.

First of all, we payed 25mi euros for Oscar...

Second of all, as good as KDB may be, he is definitely not better than Oscar!

Third of all, if we sell KDB for a reasonable price (15-20) and get priority on either Lewandowski, Gundogan or Subotic, it wont be the end of the world.

Saying KDB's game is better at this point in time than Oscar's is not overrating, it's how it is. Nearly everyone on this board was disappointed with Oscar's contribution for most of the season while KDB has performed consistently in the Bundesliga in a shitty side, gaining massive interest from some of the best German sides.

I don't understand what makes it so cringeworthy.

But you have to consider the sides they are playing in. As I said earlier, playing in a relegation threatened team KDB got a lot more space to create and work his magic than Oscar as he didn't have to face teams that would put 10 men behind the ball against him. It's also easier for De Bruyne to shine playing with the likes of Elia than it is for Oscar to shine in his first season in Europe playing with Mata, Hazard etc. There's also the fact that Oscar has been playing out of position for most of the season. Playing on the wing in a disciplined role where he had to track back etc was a new concept for him, whereas De Bruyne already had a season's experience playing on the wing. Then there's the factor of the pressure of playing for pressure which is on a whole other level to Bremen. The more you think about it, KDB's had much more favourable circumstances to Oscar this season and even then Oscar has looked just as good

Just stop comparing .....ffs.

First Hazard compared with Oscar and now KDB?

There are simply too my differences: style, attributes, context, team, league, ..... The thread is getting a bit ridiculous imo.

I don't get this he's not fast enough to be a winger. Yeah being fast is great but I don't see how you MUST be fast to play on the wing. He has great dribbling and can cross from any spot on the pitch so really he could just stand still the whole match and still put in better balls than Moses, Lennon, Walcott etc.

His best position is RW, then LW, then AMC, then CM (in a 4-3-3). And it's not much in there, it's almost a tie for all of those, he's just a good footballer with brains