Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Can somebody tell what is this kid best position ?

I heard he is a good passer but cannot make any tackle (double pivot is a no no then)

Good crosser but not fast,not a winger then.

So is he another am ?

He has no problem in playing CM, as long as there is a DM next to him. The tackling-comment is based on one stat on one website, not based on actual reviews of his games. Last week another, more reliable, stat came up in German press : De Bruyne ran the most miles of all the players in the Bundesliga this season. That's pretty impressive for a player of his kind.

So no, in my opinion, he won't have a problem in playing as a CM in the Premier League. In that position you could compare him to Modric at Tottenham, just give him a while to adapt to the PL, just like Modric needed some time to adapt.

His speed is more than decent enough to play as a winger. He doesn't need to have the acceleration of players like Bale/Valencia, because he has so much variation in his playing style on the wing. He can cross with both feet, cut inside and shoot, skills to go past defenders,... Just watch some video's of him at Bremen, there are several video's of him launching or finishing a counter-attack in which he uses his speed to run from defenders.

I don't get this he's not fast enough to be a winger. Yeah being fast is great but I don't see how you MUST be fast to play on the wing. He has great dribbling and can cross from any spot on the pitch so really he could just stand still the whole match and still put in better balls than Moses, Lennon, Walcott etc.

His best position is RW, then LW, then AMC, then CM (in a 4-3-3). And it's not much in there, it's almost a tie for all of those, he's just a good footballer with brains

You are right about the first part.

About his best position : In Genk he played mostly as a LW, but truly excelled in his last games as a CM. In Bremen he played mostly as a CM/AM together/next to Aaron Hunt in a center midfield of three players (one DM). The RW is the position he probably has played the least in the last few years.

You can use him in LW/AM/RW/CM-positions. Which position will be his best position, will depend on the other players in next years team.

This kid for me has the potential to be a Paul scholes type of player. He has the amazing vision, the ability to play perfectly placed long balls, and the intelligence. He also isn't the best at tackling, even tho it's prolly better than scholes.

I want him to play cm because I see too much potential for him in there and could be the best in the world there if molded right. With that being said, it does take away his amazing crossing ability if he played there though.

I believe instead of tackling he can fill in the passing lanes and be in the right spot defensively and cover his tackling abilities up. For me that is more important than tackling actually is

He has no problem in playing CM, as long as there is a DM next to him. The tackling-comment is based on one stat on one website, not based on actual reviews of his games. Last week another, more reliable, stat came up in German press : De Bruyne ran the most miles of all the players in the Bundesliga this season. That's pretty impressive for a player of his kind.

So no, in my opinion, he won't have a problem in playing as a CM in the Premier League. In that position you could compare him to Modric at Tottenham, just give him a while to adapt to the PL, just like Modric needed some time to adapt.

His speed is more than decent enough to play as a winger. He doesn't need to have the acceleration of players like Bale/Valencia, because he has so much variation in his playing style on the wing. He can cross with both feet, cut inside and shoot, skills to go past defenders,... Just watch some video's of him at Bremen, there are several video's of him launching or finishing a counter-attack in which he uses his speed to run from defenders.

Wait wait wait. Say that again? :D

De Bruyne ran the most miles of all the players in the Bundesliga this season

That true? :blink:

True I don't know, but it was in the press.

He has a huge radius though. Guy works his butt off.

Edit: You will notice soon enough Sh0n3x :Goober:

Maybe I haven't seen enough of him but I think he's a risky play at CM. He plays CM like you would play CM in FIFA. Every action is so aggressive with the intention of creating goal-scoring opportunity instantly. That would be amazing in a counter-attacking style but destructive in a possession based style. On the wings, he wouldn't have to worry too much about reigning in his aggressive instincts as much just because that position requires quick, direct actions.

What do you guys think? Can he calm down and play like Oscar when needed and just recycle possession and set the tempo? If not, do we really want to train him to decrease his aggressive attacking instincts to force him to play CM in EPL?

De bruyne really reminds me of young david beckham with better dribbling ability..... also if de bruyne doesn't play for us next season it will be an epic fail by our board of epic proportions not using a talent like him properly.....

Maybe I haven't seen enough of him but I think he's a risky play at CM. He plays CM like you would play CM in FIFA. Every action is so aggressive with the intention of creating goal-scoring opportunity instantly. That would be amazing in a counter-attacking style but destructive in a possession based style. On the wings, he wouldn't have to worry too much about reigning in his aggressive instincts as much just because that position requires quick, direct actions.

What do you guys think? Can he calm down and play like Oscar when needed and just recycle possession and set the tempo? If not, do we really want to train him to decrease his aggressive attacking instincts to force him to play CM in EPL?

Yes he can actually. He does have an aggressive style when going forward but is just as easily a rest bringer. The NT has shown that to a huge extent. He WAS better than Hazard btw.

I think people worry too much and overanalyse like fuck :-). My two cents.

Everyone calls him slow, but he's a lot faster than most give him credit for. He has long legs so its more stride-like when he runs, but he can cover ground quickly and he is a surprisingly good dribbler. That and his crossing and shooting would make him much better on the wing than moses IMO and of course he could cover mata's CAM position if we play a 4-2-3-1. If we move to a 4-3-3, he would make an excellent RCM and with oscar on the left and a good true DM in the center. I think we'd have a formidable midfield.

Regardless, he could cover almost all our attacking midfield positions and be as close to as good or better.

I don't get this he's not fast enough to be a winger. Yeah being fast is great but I don't see how you MUST be fast to play on the wing. He has great dribbling and can cross from any spot on the pitch so really he could just stand still the whole match and still put in better balls than Moses, Lennon, Walcott etc.

His best position is RW, then LW, then AMC, then CM (in a 4-3-3). And it's not much in there, it's almost a tie for all of those, he's just a good footballer with brains

Spot on. It's not like Ryan Giggs torn us apart with his blistering pace for the past couple of years.

It was in Belgian press of 25th of April, based on stats from Bild :

At that moment De Bruyne ran 356 kilometres this season, the most of all the players in Bundesliga. The second player was Gentner from Stuttgart with 355 kilometres.

On the 8th of May there was another article about his game against Hoffenheim : he scored and ran the most of all the players in that game : 12,25 kilometres.

It just shows how motivated he is to make it at the top-level. Whichever team gives a him a chance next year, I'm sure they won't regret it.

He would be too reckless playing CM although he could eventually adapt. That would probably his best position though because of his ridiculous passing range and two footedness,

Unreal talent, Emenalo/Buck/Gourlay should all be sacked if he isn't playing here next season. Out of all the youngsters we have on loan he's the one that could actually be a productive and consistent start at the club. Schurrle ffs.

He would be too reckless playing CM although he could eventually adapt. That would probably his best position though because of his ridiculous passing range and two footedness,

Unreal talent, Emenalo/Buck/Gourlay should all be sacked if he isn't playing here next season. Out of all the youngsters we have on loan he's the one that could actually be a productive and consistent start at the club. Schurrle ffs.

Bremen either play a 4-2-3-1 in most games and a 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-3 when they have to tighten up the midfield. De Bruyne has featured as the no.10 as well as on both wings in the attacking 3 and in the half positions lcm and rcm in the diamond and in the mid three of a 4-3-3. Occasionally, de Bruyne has featured as a False Nine. I'm pretty sure de Bruyne has not played a single game as holding midfielder in any formation. You can also look this up here http://de.eurosport....isse/2012-2013/

KDB is a CAM who can also play CM and on the wings, but in general is an attacking midfielder, rightly so, cos he has good pace for a midfielder, a nice shot, an eye for the pass and is an expert crosser while his tackling and defensive positioning is rather average. At Chelsea he could be used in the attacking 3 behind the striker or in case j>ose reverts to 4-3-3 in lcm or rcm.