Paul Pogba

Madmax

Pogba was no doubt Juventus best player! He's only 21 and I can't believe how good he fits in the pivot with Matic. Cesc can't be used there in big games, but Pogba under Mourinho would be our Yaya for the next 10years. AND PEOPLE: The fee "experts" talking about is 70m EUROS and not Pounds! Big difference.

I have big hopes in RLC, but should we gamble that he he's gonna be a class player(in 2-3 years) and because of that not get Pogba… NO, we aint Arsenal or Liverpool! ;) I believe RLC gonna be World class, but what if he ends up on the same level as Henderson? WHAT IF!

Buy Pogba, and then we maybe we can sell both Mikel and Ramires so RLC gets more playing time. In 2-3 years RLC - Matic - Pogba playing in the midfield. Damn, so much quality and strength!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£30m I'd take him, anything more than that we'd be getting stiffed.

Talented kid for sure, but that's all he is, in a weak league. The big problem is his agent, if he had a more sensible less out spoken agent instead of that fat mess the fee touted would probably be feasible instead of 60-70-80m euros

the huge price tag isnt for his abailty right now, its for his potential, its clear he can become world class, thats what your paying for a talented young player who could become the best in his position

He's only 21 and I can't believe how good he fits in the pivot with Matic.

If he comes here, he should'nt be playing in the pivot.

should be

Matic-Cesc

-Pogba-

If you put him in the pivot you dont get the best out of him, he should be able to run "box to box", and he's not a playamker like Cesc, someone who'll move the ball around.

Pogba was no doubt Juventus best player! He's only 21 and I can't believe how good he fits in the pivot with Matic. Cesc can't be used there in big games, but Pogba under Mourinho would be our Yaya for the next 10years. AND PEOPLE: The fee "experts" talking about is 70m EUROS and not Pounds! Big difference.

I have big hopes in RLC, but should we gamble that he he's gonna be a class player(in 2-3 years) and because of that not get Pogba… NO, we aint Arsenal or Liverpool! ;) I believe RLC gonna be World class, but what if he ends up on the same level as Henderson? WHAT IF!

Buy Pogba, and then we maybe we can sell both Mikel and Ramires so RLC gets more playing time. In 2-3 years RLC - Matic - Pogba playing in the midfield. Damn, so much quality and strength!

1) Marchisio was Juve best player. If Pogba would do the backheel like Marchisio oh my, 150m€ price, a "proof" for his unbelievable abilities ! If Pogba reach Marchisio level in the next 2 years he will be damn good player. So far can only dream of that and has to work quietly.

2 ) He is 22 and BTW how long his age will be quoted ? Just because Marchisio and Vidal aren't 22 they are not worth half a Pogba. It's ridiculous.

3) Varane and Fekir are 70-100m€ players ? Both 22, unbelievable talented, hell Varane should be worth even more in that valuation since he has shown goods consistently at the highest level.

4 ) Matic - RLC - Pogba, midfield with no creativity ? Neither of the three can pass opening ball.

5) Lastly, his agent and Juve director are doing a damn good job to milk someone. I think in today's market, considering the age of Pogba, talent, current abilities, potential but also lack of abilities to controlling matches and inconsistency his price should be in 40-50m€ price range. But "somehow" they brainwashed so many and general media opinion genuine believe that Pogba is worth anything more. Then most fans believe in media opinion and when they see Pogba doing anything, literally anything good, he is praised for that as a proof for his worth. Not every player has that comfort. But that's how human's brain works, if it believes in something it will try to defend that and therefore convert anything to see a proof for that !

And what is surprising is that Pogba from interviews seems to hard-working bloke who knows very well about his shortcomings and is eager to work on that. So 70-100m€ price tag seems only fabricated by his agent in which many fans and journalists believe. Pogba was elevated to elite level while he is far from that.

1) Marchisio was Juve best player. If Pogba would do the backheel like Marchisio oh my, 150m price, a "proof" for his unbelievable abilities ! If Pogba reach Marchisio level in the next 2 years he will be damn good player. So far can only dream of that and has to work quietly.

2 ) He is 22 and BTW how long his age will be quoted ? Just because Marchisio and Vidal aren't 22 they are not worth half a Pogba. It's ridiculous.

3) Varane and Fekir are 70-100m players ? Both 22, unbelievable talented, hell Varane should be worth even more in that valuation since he has shown goods consistently at the highest level.

4 ) Matic - RLC - Pogba, midfield with no creativity ? Neither of the three can pass opening ball.

5) Lastly, his agent and Juve director are doing a damn good job to milk someone. I think in today's market, considering the age of Pogba, talent, current abilities, potential but also lack of abilities to controlling matches and inconsistency his price should be in 40-50m price range. But "somehow" they brainwashed so many and general media opinion genuine believe that Pogba is worth anything more. Then most fans believe in media opinion and when they see Pogba doing anything, literally anything good, he is praised for that as a proof for his worth. Not every player has that comfort. But that's how human's brain works, if it believes in something they will see anything as a proof for that !

And what is surprising is that Pogba from interviews seems to hard-working bloke who knows very well about his shortcomings and is eager to work on that. So 70-100m price tag seems only fabricated by his agent in which many fans and journalists believe. Pogba was elevated to elite level while he is far from that.

EVERY juventino will tell you Pogba was their best midfielder this season.

Just watch a few seriea games before pogba injury.

I agree with #4 completely though.

EVERY juventino will tell you Pogba was their best midfielder this season.

Just watch a few seriea games before pogba injury.

I agree with #4 completely though.

Haven't watched too many Juve matches this season. But watched majority of the 2012/13 and 2013/14 games and Pogba was 4th midfielder in my opinion. Has quite the distance to best level of Marchisio and Vidal.

Haven't watched too many Juve matches this season. But watched majority of the 2012/13 and 2013/14 games and Pogba was 4th midfielder in my opinion. Has quite the distance to best level of Marchisio and Vidal.

You are right about last two seasons. Marchisio was very good in 2012/13 and even more in 2011/12, while Vidal was absolute beast in 2012/13 and 2013/14. This season however Vidal wasnt as great since his injury ruined him abit. Pirlo was also always instrumental for juve for past few years, but this season Pogba was certainly their best CM, at least in Serie a.

You are right about last two seasons. Marchisio was very good in 2012/13 and even more in 2011/12, while Vidal was absolute beast in 2012/13 and 2013/14. This season however Vidal wasnt as great since his injury ruined him abit. Pirlo was also always instrumental for juve for past few years, but this season Pogba was certainly their best CM, at least in Serie a.

I think what a lot of people here constantly ignore is his age! in 2013 he was 20! and just starting to play regularly, at age 21 he was integral to the Italian champions midfield and without question one of the most important players in France's World Cup campaign(Jose named him young player of the tourney too) This year he's bested Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo and is only 22! All that any he hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Mind boggling how so many here, who I feel understand football mention names like Matuidi and Koke as better targets than Pogba....

Pogba was decent yesterday. Harsh to judge him on a CL final. That's the biggest game there is. To put in a top performance in CL final is not a given for even the very best. Pirlo and Vidal were (very) poor so Juve struggled in midfield. I do agree with the comments on his work rate. Evra could've used his help more dealing with Messi and Alves. And he was surprisingly ineffective in his dribbling. Usually an area of strength of him as he's capable of powering through. Plenty of space at times but didn't make use of it like Morata did.

It's not Pogba's fault he's overhyped. He's a very good player and has already achieved a lot at 22. But the fees thrown around are indeed ridiculous.

I think what a lot of people here constantly ignore is his age! in 2013 he was 20! and just starting to play regularly, at age 21 he was integral to the Italian champions midfield and without question one of the most important players in France's World Cup campaign(Jose named him young player of the tourney too) This year he's bested Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo and is only 22! All that any he hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Mind boggling how so many here, who I feel understand football mention names like Matuidi and Koke as better targets than Pogba....

You are right. If he develops properly, he will be top 5 midfielders in world and probably most complete one too. That said, if we want to win CL next year (not that I demand it, but if Mou seriously wants it) then, Matuidi, Vidal, Yaya (just throwing some experienced quality CMs there) could be more useful for us IMO. Long term, Pogba is the answer no doubt.

But I just think people want CL next year, and if we buy Pogba for 80m and not win it, everyone will lose minds. Pogba is not the one to get us CL next year if we end up buying him. He is the one that will help us win many trophies for a period of next 10 years or so.

You search overrated in a dictionary and appears his photo.

Good conditions, no more. Horrible game understanding, a machine of bad decisions.

40 pounds???? 20 as much..... and I'm risking.

You are right. If he develops properly, he will be top 5 midfielders in world and probably most complete one too. That said, if we want to win CL next year (not that I demand it, but if Mou seriously wants it) then, Matuidi, Vidal, Yaya (just throwing some experienced quality CMs there) could be more useful for us IMO. Long term, Pogba is the answer no doubt.

But I just think people want CL next year, and if we buy Pogba for 80m and not win it, everyone will lose minds. Pogba is not the one to get us CL next year if we end up buying him. He is the one that will help us win many trophies for a period of next 10 years or so.

No player on the planet can guarantee you champions league success. The names you've listed here are interesting(Not Yaya he's well past his best before date) Matuidi to me is a cog not a guy you can plug into your midfield and it automatically becomes fantastic. He works well in a three man mid but is basically a better version of Ramires with less goals. What aspect of his game do you think makes us better and now contenders to go to the finals?

I love vidal! combative midfielder with goals and work rate! If we could add him I would be all for it... This is where everything falls apart though, I seriously doubt Chelsea will ever pay big money for a player they likely won't be able to get multiple contracts out of.(until we have a bigger stadium at least) We simply can't afford to pay 50m plus wages because the amortized fee would be a FFP crippler.

The obsession with big game records is hilarious, no one has flawless record's in big games, even look at Drogba, he was known as the ultimate big game player due to his cup final goals, however his big game record in the league (in terms of goals and overall performance) apart from vs Arsenal wasn't that great.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You