Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Anyway when City started to press us more in the second half Lampard was invisible at times, Fernandinho was getting too much space and time to pick his passes despite the efforts of Oscar to try and stop him and that allowed Silva, Nasri and Toure to get more involved.

Despite all that time to pick out his passes, Fernandinho was limited to 77% passing accuracy.

Frank, despite some of the comments on here, matched Rami for passing accuracy, had a team-high number of interceptions and effectively cleared the ball 4 times (to Ramires's 1) despite playing little more than an hour.

It was certainly a dip in his stats compared to the last four matches but in tight games that can happen.

does every player get the stick on here who plays in the DM role. mikel, then rambo, then luiz and now frank. we ll be satisfied only with DDR or ALONSO.

thank god i was not here when ballack was here, i would have literally killed people.

Despite all that time to pick out his passes, Fernandinho was limited to 77% passing accuracy.

Frank, despite some of the comments on here, matched Rami for passing accuracy, had a team-high number of interceptions and effectively cleared the ball 4 times (to Ramires's 1) despite playing little more than an hour.

It was certainly a dip in his stats compared to the last four matches but in tight games that can happen.

Fenandinho's passing stats are not really relevant as he was the one player in charge of playing through balls, long diagonal passes, etc.

does every player get the stick on here who plays in the DM role. mikel, then rambo, then luiz and now frank. we ll be satisfied only with DDR or ALONSO.

thank god i was not here when ballack was here, i would have literally killed people.

Lampard has basically been getting stick for playing the pivot since last season..

Lampard has basically been getting stick for playing the pivot since last season..

not this much. he was good yesterday. he surpassed my expectations by a mile. the comments on here make it sound like he was abysmal. i understand henrique saying it cos he is well.... but even others are critisizing his performance. very unfair, i feel.

Yes Fernandinho maybe only completed 77% of his passes but his influence in the game grew in the second half, he was controlling the game for most of the second half until about the 75th minute or so when we put much more pressure on them.

I feel he does not belong in that position, that's my gripe, knowing how much better we could be if we had a player made for that role. I wouldn't mind seeing Frank as the AM in a 4-3-3 in some games for example, but not in the pivot in a 4-2-3-1.

I wonder what the people who are saying he was good yesterday would be saying if Hart hadn't given us that early Christmas gift.

To prove I wasn't being unfair when I said he was poor, here are two match ratings from goal.com (yes, I know) and the dailymail:

"The 35-year-old was overwhelmed by the pace of the game and the industry of City's midfield. Tends to look increasingly pedestrian in the marquee matches - and this was no exception. Subbed after 65 minutes."

"Struggled to get into the game and once he was booked early on, he couldn't afford to take any more risks"

Fenandinho's passing stats are not really relevant as he was the one player in charge of playing through balls, long diagonal passes, etc.

Of the 61 passes he attempted, only 6 were 'long balls' and he completed 4 of those. Which stats were you referring to?

To be honest i can't see why we cannot re-energize the pivot and still keep Lampard beyond the end of the season.

If we get someone like Gundogan or Witsel to be Rami's long term pivot partner, i don't see why Lampard can't stick around in the squad for a couple more years and play the Scholes role within the squad and their will still be enough games for him.

I think if any of our veteran English lads move on next summer it should be Cole while we look at a new long term left back (hopefully Shaw for a variety of reason's).