Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Did very well with Rammy once again they are formidable in a game where Hazard and.Oscar were well below par it was as well that Frank and Rammy gave us the stability we needed. Ya Ya did not run things this time as he alwayd does when matched with Mikel.

In the 2nd half we lost control and City were all over us in midfield until Mikel was brought on to stabilise the ship a bit.

Very, very good in the first half, excellent actually. But in the second when City started to get the upper hand, he completely vanished. The Mikel sub was vital for us regaining our balance and not losing the game. Credit to Jose for (again) making the right subs.

Very, very good in the first half, excellent actually. But in the second when City started to get the upper hand, he completely vanished. The Mikel sub was vital for us regaining our balance and not losing the game. Credit to Jose for (again) making the right subs.

True, and let's not forget...both players (including Ramires) were on yellow cards. Jose said that influenced his decision regarding which player to bring on.

Did very well with Rammy once again they are formidable in a game where Hazard and.Oscar were well below par it was as well that Frank and Rammy gave us the stability we needed. Ya Ya did not run things this time as he alwayd does when matched with Mikel.

This guy here is a different one. Most of english supporters are overcritical when the subject are english players.

Lampard has been poor for most part of the season. Mourinho is doing a HUGE mistake in this subject. Game after game its clear he is the weak point of the team. Last season Lampard was playing few games, most of the games as a sub. When he played, he still had the aggressive instincts, thats why me managed to score a lot of goals and was our PL top scorer.

Now he is playing game after game. He is playing more games than Hazard or Oscar, and the man is 35 years old. Mourinho's love for him is getting embarrassing. He shouldn't be playing so many games.

Frank HAS NOT BEEN POOR, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING?

That's rubbish, Mourinho is playing him because he is a wonderful player, a real asset, we play with like two captains as him and John are such leaders

I totally disagree

I thought he was excellent in the first half. He never shy away from tackles and was aggressive as i want my CM to be. (that's one of the reasons yaya was shut out)

But he had a yellow card, so in the second half he couldnt risk tackling when we were getting dominated for a while so he was sacrificed.

People who do not understand football and there are many think if Lampard is not scoring goals he is not playing well,he will not be scoring as many goals from his new position particularly against the likes of City ,what he will do is match up to people like Toure his passing and tackling was brilliant yesterday and he got a yellow card as did Rammy this is because they did not let City waltz past them as we usually do,Rammy and Frank were top class yesterday .

Ramires has been excellent since he was paired with Frank after the Fulham game where he was awful and the first half at Spurs ,since they were paired we have won every game and the Lampard /Ramires engine has been key to this success. I expect the club to announce that JT and Lampard have signed to stay at the club for at least another season very soon,now we have Jose in charge of team selection and rightly so.

People who do not understand football and there are many think if Lampard is not scoring goals he is not playing well,he will not be scoring as many goals from his new position particularly against the likes of City ,what he will do is match up to people like Toure his passing and tackling was brilliant yesterday and he got a yellow card as did Rammy this is because they did not let City waltz past them as we usually do,Rammy and Frank were top class yesterday .

Ramires has been excellent since he was paired with Frank after the Fulham game where he was awful and the first half at Spurs ,since they were paired we have won every game and the Lampard /Ramires engine has been key to this success. I expect the club to announce that JT and Lampard have signed to stay at the club for at least another season very soon,now we have Jose in charge of team selection and rightly so.

Rami has been excellent for Chelsea since 2011-12 season under AVB. Its not about him playing next to Lampard or anything, he's just gotten better and more consistent as a player.

Anyway when City started to press us more in the second half Lampard was invisible at times, Fernandinho was getting too much space and time to pick his passes despite the efforts of Oscar to try and stop him and that allowed Silva, Nasri and Toure to get more involved. Lampard was alright in the first half but in the second half he was quite poor. When Mikel came on we had that platform that we needed, he was just doing what he does best and it allowed us to regain control of the match. Still surprised Lampard started against City, he won't start against Arsenal for sure but I have no idea who will to be honest.

JT will get a new contract but I don't think Lampard will because I think he will retire. If he is our starting CM at 36 then somebody at Chelsea needs a head check. Jose said he was going to handle him like Makalele in his last year, playing him in the bigger games but hes been overused already and I'm surprised he's not picked up any niggling injuries yet due to playing near enough 90 minutes every game.

You are right he wil not start v Arsenal nor will Rammy our back up players will play,but you are totally wrong about Lampard retiring and that will be shown to you very soon Jose will be offering a new deal ,remember how he judges players on performance not age and Zannetti won the champions League with Jose at 37 .

City had more of the play because they flooded midfield and that left Rammy and Frank outnumbered,but it did allow our three to attack City and create . Frank and Rammy matching up against their midfield allowed us to create chances although they were ounumbered. Mikel will start v Arsenal if you have no idea and it will be a very big game for him that we are expected to win and carry on our good form. Lets see if he is up to it?

Jose said he was going to handle him like Makalele in his last year, playing him in the bigger games but hes been overused already and I'm surprised he's not picked up any niggling injuries yet due to playing near enough 90 minutes every game.

Lampard is one of the most fit players ever to play football. He rarely gets injured, thats another attribute he has that is underestimated.

Lampard is one of the most fit players ever to play football. He rarely gets injured, thats another attribute he has that is underestimated.

Yes but looking at how his seasons probably gonna be going, playing say 10 plus consecutive games at 35 years old with little rest means you can pick up little injuries. Doesn't matter how fit you are, if you don't have a sufficient amount of rest then you will pick up niggling injuries. Older players are more fragile, Jose will have to eventually rest him just to make sure. He'll rest him on Tuesday which is good.