Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Well Jose is the one who keeps picking him all the time. Yet other players seem to be the ones who get dropped at random (e.g Schurrle), its seems weird that Lampard never gets the same treatment.

Schurrle gets dropped because we have Willian and Mata on the bench (although I didn't agree with him being dropped).

Lamps doesn't get dropped because we don't have Alonso or Witsel on the bench.

Ramires was nowhere his best because he was playing deep when Lampard was on, who else is gonna cover for him? Ramires was completely shackled.

So you can blame Rami's poor game on Lamps, but Lamps gets judged in isolation?

Personally I think the whole team looked like last year's team because we went with Mata and Oscar in last year's positions. Right now, Oscar simply can't be dropped because he's too important to EVERYTHING we do as a team.

Very glad that Jose did not bring on Mikel though despite a very poor performance today by the team , I would have taken Oscar off and put Lamps in the AM position we did not have one shot on goal from distance ,Oscar and Mata were the real culprits both were awful .

Schurrle gets dropped because we have Willian and Mata on the bench (although I didn't agree with him being dropped).

Lamps doesn't get dropped because we don't have Alonso or Witsel on the bench.

So you can blame Rami's poor game on Lamps, but Lamps gets judged in isolation?

Personally I think the whole team looked like last year's team because we went with Mata and Oscar in last year's positions. Right now, Oscar simply can't be dropped because he's too important to EVERYTHING we do as a team.

But that means a complete disregard for form of an individual player. And its not like Ramires and Lampard are only central midfield option. We do have Mikel and Essien, and even some young promising players like Ake that can fit in there. If Lampard is playing shit you drop him and try something else, and this is not an isolated incident, but a few matches this season he hasn't really showed up. So try something else, surely that should be a given when managing a team that anybody can understand?

Maybe he is still our best goalscorer ,because today we were awful in front of goal ,did anybody shoot in the whole match you cant score from the pivot when you are asked to back up the play ,our front three were ineffective ,although Hazard did well . WHERE WERE THE SHOTS?

We dominated posession ,that is what the DM's are supposed to make us do ,what did we do with that posession?

Nobody had a shot our creative play was awful ,Lampard should play further forward on that display ,who scored the goals at everton and Villa who saved us last season ,Oscar and Mata were very poor they are meant to make posession count ,both did nothing ,no runners arrived in the box and where were our shots?

We dominated posession ,that is what the DM's are supposed to make us do ,what did we do with that posession?

Nobody had a shot our creative play was awful ,Lampard should play further forward on that display ,who scored the goals at everton and Villa who saved us last season ,Oscar and Mata were very poor they are meant to make posession count ,both did nothing ,no runners arrived in the box and where were our shots?

Did his awful passing pass you by today? He was a statue defensively, he's got no drive and no impetus to play in the pivot. Judging by the way Mourinho sacked him against City and Newcastle at the 60 minute mark, Lampard will undoubtedly be benched for the next few games, especially taking into account the way Mikel and even Essien have been playing recently.

The defending of Lampard at times here is just beyond embarrassing really. When he plays well and is praised for it, then fair enough. But when he doesn't play well, these people, by hook or by crook, will try to find excuses to justify his poor performance..

You should name these people.

Personally I think he was awful but the next question is why? This was a return to the bad old days of our pivot, when Mata was largely used as the number 10. I think that had a massive impact on the tempo of our performance, which puts greater pressure on Ramires and Lamps in the pivot.

Well we dominated posession and did nothing with it and the goal came from a free kick that needed clearing by a defender ,what else do you want from the pivot?

Goals? I suggest you do not play Mikel then . If we dominate posession like that with Lampard further forward ,we at leats shoot .

You need to look at others for that defeat . 61% posession away from home is big ,where was the end product ie goals? The pivot kept us ticking in fact it was the only aspect of our game that worked on the day.

And Mikel has? :D:D:D:D

We dominated posession that is all Mikel tries to do ,so no difference from the pivot ,the problem was our offence . We had 61% posession ,Mikel's sideways passes would have made us even worse offensively .

Kindly refrain from STEALING MY SIGNATURE, change now!!! mad-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

The defending of Lampard at times here is just beyond embarrassing really. When he plays well and is praised for it, then fair enough. But when he doesn't play well, these people, by hook or by crook, will try to find excuses to justify his poor performance..

The only defending that was embarrasing today was the curly headed clown ,the only thing missing today was a red nose .

You should name these people.

Personally I think he was awful but the next question is why? This was a return to the bad old days of our pivot, when Mata was largely used as the number 10. I think that had a massive impact on the tempo of our performance, which puts greater pressure on Ramires and Lamps in the pivot.

Don't think I need to bother naming names. Otherwise, it would probably result in some silly petty fight here again.

Many that read this thread would well know who these people are anyway...