Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Don't think I need to bother naming names. Otherwise, it would probably result in some silly petty fight here again.

Many that read this thread would well know who these people are anyway...

So you're just going to make insinuations so that you don't actually have to take any responsibility for them? See I've not taken the 'Lampard was shit...the end' line that others have so I might be seen as a Lampard-defender to some.

Maybe you'd like to just say what you mean so that there's no confusion.

Well we dominated posession and did nothing with it and the goal came from a free kick that needed clearing by a defender ,what else do you want from the pivot?

Goals? I suggest you do not play Mikel then . If we dominate posession like that with Lampard further forward ,we at leats shoot .

You need to look at others for that defeat . 61% posession away from home is big ,where was the end product ie goals? The pivot kept us ticking in fact it was the only aspect of our game that worked on the day.

What on the actual fuck are you on about? What has possession got to do with it? And has Lampard got to do with that particular stat given the way he gave the ball away at every opportunity?

What on the actual fuck are you on about? What has possession got to do with it? And has Lampard got to do with that particular stat given the way he gave the ball away at every opportunity?

Absoloute rubbish every opportunity . Our AM's and curly heade CB were the problem today ,the pivot was very good ,sideways slow passes would have made us worse today .

So you're just going to make insinuations so that you don't actually have to take any responsibility for them? See I've not taken the 'Lampard was shit...the end' line that others have so I might be seen as a Lampard-defender to some.

Maybe you'd like to just say what you mean so that there's no confusion.

Well, not sure why you are worrying or bothering about it really if you think you aren't one of these 'people'........

Well, not sure why you are worrying or bothering about it really if you think you aren't one of these 'people'........

Because I think it's a bit cowardly to be honest and leaves a lot of room for confusion.

I also think the superficiality in this discussion suggests people are only looking for likes from a reliable few rather than attempting to discuss the reasons for a bad performance.

Can you please stop spamming the threads with that post?! If you are unhappy with him taking your signature, please convey the message through PM please..

I have done so, thought it was bit sad when there are millions of pics to choose from, and most people on here respect and most don't use same picture ah well

I won't waste my time saying it again

Because I think it's a bit cowardly to be honest and leaves a lot of room for confusion.

I also think the superficiality in this discussion suggests people are only looking for likes from a reliable few rather than attempting to discuss the reasons for a bad performance.

Not my problem if people like the post. I only wanted to make my point across about this whole situation. Those that get it, yay. If not, then yeah whatever. The members that have read this thread and follow the discussion that goes on here will know about it.

And byt continuing to talk about this, you are only making yourself look more like one of those people... :rolleyes:

Lets be honest ,he would have been better used in a more forward position today ,anybody remember Villa and Everton last season?

We did not look like scoring despite 61% posession ,oh for one of those long shots ,we looked like Arsenal today ,tippy tappy tarts . In no way can you blame the pivot for that. Did anybody ever run past Torres? into their box?

I may regret these words later - because I need to watch the game more carefully, but as it stands now, I'd say he and Cole were the biggest liabilities there technically wise. I still think our main issue was attitude instead of technical, but if two guys had technical issues today (Cole also had the attitude issue) it was those two.

Lamps have been alternating good and bad performances. Today wasn't this first horrible match. He's still good and important for us, but Mourinho's been stubborn insisting on playing Lamps at all matches - especially the important ones.

Why everyone can see that Lamps physically can't afford to be technically good playing matches, but Mourinho can't?

I'm not dissing Lamps, but while I think he still has more than enough to offer for us, I don't think he can do that in a weekly basis. But Mourinho won't give him up, will he?

Because we quite simply don't have the alternatives at the moment. I don't think there's anyone on this board who doesn't want us to buy a new midfielder or two, but as it is we don't have many other choices.

Lamps and Rami have put in some good performances and I think the inclusion of Oscar and wingers makes the game easier for both of them, but it's an area we need to improve.

Which is why I hope we go in for a new CM sooner rather than later.

While Lampard has worked hard to change his game to that of a deep lying playmaker, defensively he is suspect.

And tbh, with only Mata, Oscar and Hazard playing upfront the only real defensive presence in midfield is Ramires.

Its ok if the opposing team is sitting deep like they did in the first half, but when they come out and attack like Newcastle did in the 2nd half, Chelsea's midfield gets over-run.

Pardew no doubt realized that, and conveyed it to to his team at half time.

I doubt Mourinho is going to drop Lampard just like that, but he will certainly make sure the rest of the starting-line up suits Frank's game when he does play.

January cannot come soon enough so Mourinho can sign a proper midfielder, Lampard absolutely stunk the place out yesterday. We can't control a single game with him in there unless the other side just parks the bus.

I know you don't like stats and things of that nature, but that point you made doesn't actually hold up to any type of scrutiny. Yes we need to buy a new midfielder but some people are scapegoating him unfairly in my opinion and failing to apply the same criteria to other players that they're playing to him.

A lot of players had an off-day yesterday, but people aren't asking why? You'll get your likes from the usual suspects but I can't help but think it's all a little superficial.