Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Jesus fucking christ. What made up bullshit stats?

Against Spurs we simply had no answer against them, was hardly Mikels fault, he was withdrawn so Rami could move inside and with Frank playing you know he can score goals. If Toure walks all over Mikel then imagine how much fun he will have against a 35 year old? The fact City play a high pressing game too, we need composure in the midfield, Mikel came on against Schalke and we finally started trying to pass it more often. He along with Oscar is one of the players who will take the ball under pressure and still retain possession. Schalke's midfield had a field day against us last night, Lampard looked tired and disjointed at times and Ramires was struggling to get into the game a lot.

That is the sort of pattern and attributes I'd associate with Lampard actually, bombing up the pitch thinking hes midfielder-cum-striker when actually is job essentially is to protect the back 4 but I suppose you can't convince everyone huh?

You couldn't have put it any better.

Top top post Ryan.

Had a very good game yesterday. Not only was his passing accurate, but his passing was accurate with 7 long balls and 4 crosses and led the team in touches. He wasn't just passing 5 yards to the side. He was completing difficult passes at a high volume. He also made a couple of very key defensive plays and was excellent in the dead ball situations. .

All of a sudden they dont rely on stats ,I wonder why? Great stats .

Good performance last night statistically. 92% passing accuracy with 6 of 7 long balls accurate and he also made 4 interceptions and 3 tackles which were a team high.

That's the fourth game in a row that he's had a passing accuracy of higher than 90%.

What seems to happen is that he and Ramires have issues in the first-half which are remedied during the half-time break, which isn't surprising considering that the whole team is still very much a work-in-progress. I don't really see a reason to make changes for the City game - let's be honest, throwing Mikel in against Toure is no guarantee of a more defensively-strong performance from the pivot. :ermm:

Its clear that Mourinho wants Lampard to transform from a box-to-box into a deep-lying playmaker, and so far that transformation is coming along nicely. It will also mean that his number of chances at goal will go down and although I'm sure Lampard doesn't enjoy that aspect, he has taken the new role with gusto.

Ideally he would be paired with a Makele-type player, but with Ramires' energy being crucial to the team's play, there is no better partner for Lampard in the current set-up.

Its clear that Mourinho wants Lampard to transform from a box-to-box into a deep-lying playmaker, and so far that transformation is coming along nicely. It will also mean that his number of chances at goal will go down and although I'm sure Lampard doesn't enjoy that aspect, he has taken the new role with gusto.

Ideally he would be paired with a Makele-type player, but with Ramires' energy being crucial to the team's play, there is no better partner for Lampard in the current set-up.

+1. Lampard has never been more defensive or "deep-lying" than this season. It is a little bit of a shame, cos his goalscoring instincts are one of his greatest strengths. Anyway, I think now he has the goalscoring record it is not too important for him to keep scoring as much. HIs number of chances has also drown extremely because we have not had a penalty since 15 games.

Our highest goalscorer in history is a defensive midfielder. Lol.

Anybody who has seen chelsea man City matches in the past and is still asking for mikel to start to provide physicality against Toure needs a reality check.

Anyone who saw our matches against City last season and still wants Lampard in the same stadium on Sunday needs his head checked!

Anybody who has seen chelsea man City matches in the past and is still asking for mikel to start to provide physicality against Toure needs a reality check.

Mis match. It cant happen again . Toure needs to be pushed back and do some defending a square block on the edge of our box,with JT and Cahill on the edge of the six yard box is just what Ya Ya loves to run at,Lampard and Rammy will make him run the other way and think about defending ,Ya Ya cant be allowed to dictate the game at his pace again on Sunday. And he will not be allowed to by Jose.

Anyone who saw our matches against City last season and still wants Lampard in the same stadium on Sunday needs his head checked!

Lampard maynot provide defensive solidity but at least he can help in building/finishing attacks. Mikel on the other hand, useless either way. The way yaya toure slaps him around, Mikel has a genuine case at pressing molestation charges against Toure.

Essien should be given a chance to play alongside Ramires before Mikel.

Mikel unsurprisingly handled Toure when Nigeria knocked out Ivory Coast at the Afcon.

I don't think we can handle City with only 2 midfielders, Oscar will have to drop even deeper than usual and I'll be okay with whoever starts between Frank and Mikel.

Lamps has done well defensively this season and not playing like a secondary striker like when he needed those goals.

Mikel unsurprisingly handled Toure when Nigeria knocked out Ivory Coast at the Afcon.

That tells you more about how seriously Yaya Toure takes the African Nations Cup.

Disclaimer: never seen an african nations cup game.

That tells you more about how seriously Yaya Toure takes the African Nations Cup.

Disclaimer: never seen an african nations cup game.

Well that is rubbish because he could of chose to stay with City during the winter run but he obv has love for his country and went to play for them.

Well that is rubbish because he could of chose to stay with City during the winter run but he obv has love for his country and went to play for them.

You cannoy type that garbage yourself while calling my post rubbish. The irony.

You cannoy type that garbage yourself while calling my post rubbish. The irony.

Look at your original post I replied to. It is pathetic and unreasonable and tbh I don't know why I bothered replying to such bullshit. I won't bother...

I'm actually quite happy with Lampard's performance this season, esp considering that at his age it will take some time for him to hit high gear.

What once again concerns me is the lack of any proper long-term replacement on the horizon.

I look at Paulinho playing for Tottenham and I see a lot of Lampard in him. The box-to-box, the goals, and especially, the deceptively languid movement. I think Willian is going to become a good/important player for Chelsea, but I wish we had gone for Paulinho instead.

Concerning yaya, it's really not Lampard's job to stop him; at least that's how I see it. Yaya's about power, and honestly we just don't have any player in the squad who would be a physical match for him. Essien in his early days could make it up with movement and skill, but never power.

BTW, luciobrazil, weight != power. Mikel has not the attitude/aggressiveness of ball-winning midfielder IMO.

Lampard maynot provide defensive solidity but at least he can help in building/finishing attacks. Mikel on the other hand, useless either way. The way yaya toure slaps him around, Mikel has a genuine case at pressing molestation charges against Toure.

Essien should be given a chance to play alongside Ramires before Mikel.

no idea why he lets toure shit all over him. he is actually several kg heavier than toure.

I'm actually quite happy with Lampard's performance this season, esp considering that at his age it will take some time for him to hit high gear.

What once again concerns me is the lack of any proper long-term replacement on the horizon.

I look at Paulinho playing for Tottenham and I see a lot of Lampard in him. The box-to-box, the goals, and especially, the deceptively languid movement. I think Willian is going to become a good/important player for Chelsea, but I wish we had gone for Paulinho instead.

Concerning yaya, it's really not Lampard's job to stop him; at least that's how I see it. Yaya's about power, and honestly we just don't have any player in the squad who would be a physical match for him. Essien in his early days could make it up with movement and skill, but never power.

BTW, luciobrazil, weight != power. Mikel has not the attitude/aggressiveness of ball-winning midfielder IMO.

Why look for a direct Lampard replacement? we are playing different system. Im not impressed too much from Paulinho, and anyway we need a DLP not a box to box CM like him.

To handle Toure-Fernandinho midfield and be the dominant side, we need Oscar to play deeper imo, and yes a good game from Lamps, from deep. I think we can do that, esp when its an home game for us.

Look at your original post I replied to. It is pathetic and unreasonable and tbh I don't know why I bothered replying to such bullshit. I won't bother...

You think it is easy to just say no to your national team? And at the same time keep appearing for your club?

You have a long road ahead my friend.