Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Because we have shit loads of options in attacking midfield, we don't have the same luxury in the pivot.

Well, Mikel has been very good in every single appearance he's made for us this season bar 45 mins at spurs while Frank has had more bad games than good. There are no excuses why he continues to be selected.

Mikel is useless and needs to leave ,Lampard is one of the players who needs to play over christmas ,some of you foreign fans do not understand what it is like to play in Engalnd in winter ,it is worse than it looks on the TV and for instance our away game at West Ham where Mikel was atrocious last season and was walked all over will be a game where we need our power players and Lampard is one of them ,maybe even Essien ,short sideways passes are even worse in winter than they look in summer,Mikel will be better off at the African nations ans leave our games to Essien,Lampard ,Cahill,Terry,Schurrle and Ramires.

Our problem yesterday was our sunshine players Mata,Oscar,Luiz could not cope withe the conditions . Lampard is a must especially at this time maybe even as an AM with Essien and Rammy also in the engine room ,our tippy tappy player need to wait for calmer weather . Without being patronising some of our foreign fans really do not understand winter football in England.

Well, Mikel has been very good in every single appearance he's made for us this season bar 45 mins at spurs while Frank has had more bad games than good. There are no excuses why he continues to be selected.

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that Mourinho will definitely bring in a DM/CM in January meaning that Lampard only has until then to play, after that he'll barely make the bench until his contract run out.

He got sacked in our last two games at the 60 minute mark - which were about 60 minutes too late incidentally on each occasion.

Lampard's touch and passing are gone as well, an oil tanker turns quicker than him now, as for his shooting, refer to his free kicks of late, just out and out poor.

A little article for those whose heads are cemented deep into the sand.

Chelsea fans react on Twitter to Lampard performance v Newcastle http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/11/02/chelsea-fans-react-on-twitter-to-lampard-performance-v-newcastle/

:D:D:D @ a few Nigerian fanboys commenting on twitter,tell them it is cold ,wet and muddy over here in England .

We cannot keep playing Lampard+Ramires that is for sure. It is taking away what they both do best, from both of them,

Lampard isnt a defender and his passing has become quite poor. Ramires is at his best when we can burst forward alot more, but by playing with Lampard he is somewhat hindered from doing that.

I dont understand why we arent seeing Essien play more.

Essien+Ramires

Essien+Lampard

Im sure that would be ALOT better. Even Mikel with them both, but maybe first and foremost Mikel+Ramires.

I get the idea that a lot of people here don't want Frank to be starting?

I don't mind him, think he's done alright for the most part, but there are games he shouldn't be starting - yet Mourinho starts him all the time and realizes he made a mistake in the 60th minute.

Well that's the million dollar question, isn't it? Why is Jose persisting with Frank even though the vast majority of people can see how bad he has been? Is Jose playing him because of his past glories? Or can he see something that we all can't? This is completely beyond me, but I hope we fix it soon because it's costing us games.

Not even close to resembling my experience of supporters' views.

We need a replacement but at the moment, Frank and Rami seem to be our best pairing.

I get the idea that a lot of people here don't want Frank to be starting?

I think you're seeing a vocal minority who probably aren't representative of Chelsea's support as a whole.

Lampard isnt a defender and his passing has become quite poor.

Actually his passing has been pretty good in the month of October, roughly around the 90% mark and especially high when it comes to long balls.

But that's the type of thing people don't really want to talk about. I apologise for bringing things like this up, because it gets in the way of a couple of supporters making sweeping generalisations based on 16 year olds' twitter accounts. :rolleyes:

Not even close to resembling my experience of supporters' views.

We need a replacement but at the moment, Frank and Rami seem to be our best pairing.

Just check what people are writing here and who they want to start the next match. Check the Schalke match thread. On Twitter as well. When I was doing the match feed yesterday, everyone was tweeting me about Lampard and how Rami-Mikel should be our starting pivot.

Just check what people are writing here and who they want to start the next match. Check the Schalke match thread. On Twitter as well. When I was doing the match feed yesterday, everyone was tweeting me about Lampard and how Rami-Mikel should be our starting pivot.

Sorry but twitter and a few people on here aren't what I'd call representative of the Chelsea support. Just look at that link ChelseasMessiah posted.

It's very easy to have a kneejerk reaction and post something that you haven't fully thought through (like 'tactically raped' - not a comment many Chelsea supporters would deem culturally acceptable). But maybe I'm wrong and you're more attuned to what Chelsea supporters are thinking than I am.

Sorry but twitter and a few people on here aren't what I'd call representative of the Chelsea support. Just look at that link ChelseasMessiah posted.

It's very easy to have a kneejerk reaction and post something that you haven't fully thought through (like 'tactically raped' - not a comment many Chelsea supporters would deem culturally acceptable). But maybe I'm wrong and you're more attuned to what Chelsea supporters are thinking than I am.

The vast majority of the hundreds of Chelsea fans I know and can read their opinions believe that Frank has been generally bad this season. If you want to go into classifying who is "worthy" and who is not, then I'm not going to join you, sorry.

I think Lamps should be dropped..

He is a legend and all, he gets goals and is a rather good player in the final 3rd, but Jose wants us to play a style which is quick and aggresive, lots of pressure and lots of passing, therefore I think our first 11 should not have Lamps in it, he is getting on now and does not have the legs to keep up with the other players.

I love how we played against Arsenal in the Carling Cup, one reason for that was because of Mikel and Essien in midfield, I prefer Ramires over them two but it showed how without Lamps we are better, because our team can provide more pressure, and more running around the pitch, more support for the team mates.

He is a legend and all, he gets goals and is a rather good player in the final 3rd, but Jose wants us to play a style which is quick and aggresive, lots of pressure and lots of passing, therefore I think our first 11 should not have Lamps in it, he is getting on now and does not have the legs to keep up with the other players.

I love how we played against Arsenal in the Carling Cup, one reason for that was because of Mikel and Essien in midfield, I prefer Ramires over them two but it showed how without Lamps we are better, because our team can provide more pressure, and more running around the pitch, more support for the team mates.

I think Mourinho knows that now as well. Let's hope he has some balls now.

The vast majority of the hundreds of Chelsea fans I know and can read their opinions believe that Frank has been generally bad this season. If you want to go into classifying who is "worthy" and who is not, then I'm not going to join you, sorry.

The vast majority of the Chelsea supporters I talk to, go to matches with, drink with and just randomly bump into (here's a tip in case you ever bump into a Chelsea supporter in England - just mention Mikel's name....it always makes me giggle how the response is largely the same) think that our midfield needs fixing. It's been the case for a while now.

The ones at youth games pin their hopes on Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek. The ones at games mention everyone from Witsel to De Bruyne to De Rossi to Cabaye to Alonso. If we had any of those in our ranks then you wouldn't get a disagreement from me about putting one of them in the team, but people need to be realistic.

They also could be a bit more inquisitive about why players suddenly have bad games.

Could the performance against Arsenal have had something to do with us playing against Arsenal?

The fact that you're talking about quick, aggressive and players having legs and then chuck Mikel's name into the mix is a bit weird. Maybe he deserves a game against West Brom, maybe Essien does.

I think Mourinho knows that now as well. Let's hope he has some balls now.

You're questioning Mourinho's balls now?

The reactions are getting a little silly now. You're not the messiah....

The vast majority of the Chelsea supporters I talk to, go to matches with, drink with and just randomly bump into (here's a tip in case you ever bump into a Chelsea supporter in England - just mention Mikel's name....it always makes me giggle how the response is largely the same) think that our midfield needs fixing. It's been the case for a while now.

The ones at youth games pin their hopes on Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek. The ones at games mention everyone from Witsel to De Bruyne to De Rossi to Cabaye to Alonso. If we had any of those in our ranks then you wouldn't get a disagreement from me about putting one of them in the team, but people need to be realistic.

They also could be a bit more inquisitive about why players suddenly have bad games.

Are you saying that those are "better" fans than the fine members on here or even the fans on Twitter? :o Shame on you!

Would anybody be defending lampards performances this season if he were a new signing? I don't even think he'd be on the bench if he were being judged on his performances this season. As much as I like mourinho, I think he's being influenced by his personal relationship with lampard.