Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I know you don't like stats and things of that nature, but that point you made doesn't actually hold up to any type of scrutiny. Yes we need to buy a new midfielder but some people are scapegoating him unfairly in my opinion and failing to apply the same criteria to other players that they're playing to him.

A lot of players had an off-day yesterday, but people aren't asking why? You'll get your likes from the usual suspects but I can't help but think it's all a little superficial.

That's not unfair on him even in the slightest. Lampard is being selfish and he more than anyone knows it. He knows he can't play in that position and yet he ousted 3 managers who tried to move him on. He gives his best, he works hard but he just cannot physically do what is required of him in that position.

What is really infuriating is that our weak link is there for all to see, week in, week out and yet nothing is done about it. Are Essien and Mikel better players than Lampard? No. and they never will be, but they showed what a colossal difference balance brings to a side, it was because of them we could truly and fully control and toy with a strong Arsenal side.

Can you imagine Lampard playing against a pressing side like Dortmund, or even a Southampton? He wouldn't even see it coming...

That's not unfair on him even in the slightest. Lampard is being selfish and he more than anyone knows it. He knows he can't play in that position and yet he ousted 3 managers who tried to move him on. He gives his best, he works hard but he just cannot physically do what is required of him in that position.

Utter fucking bollocks mate and the fact that you're saying that he knows he is selfish should be a clue because (and I'll admit I'm guessing here) you don't have a fucking clue what he thinks or knows. :rolleyes:

What is really infuriating is that our weak link is there for all to see, week in, week out and yet nothing is done about it. Are Essien and Mikel better players than Lampard? No. and they never will be, but they showed what a colossal difference balance brings to a side, it was because of them we could truly and fully control and toy with a strong Arsenal side.

Essien and Mikel did well in the league cup. Lamps put together a string of consistent performances in October, his passing stats were extremely good, his defensive contribution was too and the results were there for people to see.

Again, yesterday was an aberration but people don't seem to want to ask why, and what changed from the previous few weeks. They just want to make sweeping statements without any investigation....that to me seems frightfully dull.

Utter fucking bollocks mate and the fact that you're saying that he knows he is selfish should be a clue because (and I'll admit I'm guessing here) you don't have a fucking clue what he thinks or knows. :rolleyes:

Essien and Mikel did well in the league cup. Lamps put together a string of consistent performances in October, his passing stats were extremely good, his defensive contribution was too and the results were there for people to see.

Again, yesterday was an aberration but people don't seem to want to ask why, and what changed from the previous few weeks. They just want to make sweeping statements without any investigation....that to me seems frightfully dull.

I don't know if its just me...but whenever Mata plays (and Oscar is pushed out wide)...our central midfielders look extremely vulnerable.

I'm not going to blame Lampard for his poor performance yesterday...our whole team (other than Terry?) performed under-par...

I feel Lampard and Mikel should be rotated based on opposition.

A trip Tyneside is always a hard game for us. Add the bad weather, three games in 6 days and the fact that Newcastle were coming off a loss to their bitter rivals. People are jumping off a cliff for no reason. These games happen, I have no doubt we will turn it around on Wednesday. Leave Lamps alone, everybody has an off game.

So you completely brush over the fact he undermined the managers that wouldn't play him then, because that's not selfish or self-centred at all....

He has been abysmal this season, it's clear for all but you to see.

No I don't, but you're talking about him being selfish now and not two years ago - stop changing the goalposts.

As for his form this season, it's too superficial (easy, lazy, pointless) to make sweeping statements like 'he has been abysmal this season' and make it appear as if it's an undoubted truth when it is anything but that. Try using evidence to back up your points - I know you disagreed with empirical data because it didn't support your point previously but at least try.

He's had good games and bad games (yesterday in particular), but doesn't a part of you at least want to ask why? Do you have some form of investigative nature?

Him performing well was not by any means the norm so far this season. He had 3 good games in a row but he was bad at the start of the season (not as bad as yesterday, though). In fact, he's had more bad/average games than good ones this season and with different combinations of teammates and different type of opposition. So No, it doesn't make sense to try and blame his awful performance yesterday on someone else.

In the first half yesterday when the game was looking like a very easy one and we should be able to score, Lampard misplaced 8 of 29 passes, 6 of which where easy short ones that you'd expect any one to make. The thing is, most of those misplaced passes came during transition when we had loads of space to exploit. He broke up so many of our attacks by misplacing passes or picking the wrong pass or taking too many touches on the ball. If we had played any other CM option instead of him, we would have most likely scored in that first half, it's as simple as that.

And that's without mentioning his defensive "work". He had one defensive action in 70 minutes! How he even made it to 70 minutes is beyond me..

Him performing well was not by any means the norm so far this season. He had 3 good games in a row but he was bad at the start of the season (not as bad as yesterday, though). In fact, he's had more bad/average games than good ones this season and with different combinations of teammates and different type of opposition. So No, it doesn't make sense to try and blame his awful performance yesterday on someone else.

In the first half yesterday when the game was looking like a very easy one and we should be able to score, Lampard misplaced 8 of 29 passes, 6 of which where easy short ones that you'd expect any one to make. The thing is, most of those misplaced passes came during transition when we had loads of space to exploit. He broke up so many of our attacks by misplacing passes or picking the wrong pass or taking too many touches on the ball. If we had played any other CM option instead of him, we would have most likely scored in that first half, it's as simple as that.

And that's without mentioning his defensive "work". He had one defensive action in 70 minutes! How he even made it to 70 minutes is beyond me..

Perhaps, Frank did not have all good games, but overall he is still needed. Why do you think, he has already played in most of the games ? Was Jose wrong to play him, then ?

Perhaps, Frank did not have all good games, but overall he is still needed. Why do you think, he has already played in most of the games ? Was Jose wrong to play him, then ?

Well that's the million dollar question, isn't it? Why is Jose persisting with Frank even though the vast majority of people can see how bad he has been? Is Jose playing him because of his past glories? Or can he see something that we all can't? This is completely beyond me, but I hope we fix it soon because it's costing us games.

A lot of people are missing the point here ,is Lampard scoring as many goals as he once did ?

No

Why?

Because he is playing much deeper.

Would he have been more of a threat in a more forward role yesrerday?

I think yes definiteley. He would have at least had a shot from distance and would have arrived in the box from midfield,we were awful going forward.

Is he better than Mikel in the holding role?.

Yes he is useless and we would have lost yesterday with him in,Mikel' stats are terrible win/play. And he needs to leave the club if he is so good because a 35 year old has taken his place.

Our problem yesterday was our front 4 and Mr Luiz ,not our midfield pair who gave our front playrers 61% possession .

zeez eeez facts.

Lampard's touch and passing are gone as well, an oil tanker turns quicker than him now, as for his shooting, refer to his free kicks of late, just out and out poor.

A little article for those whose heads are cemented deep into the sand.

Chelsea fans react on Twitter to Lampard performance v Newcastle http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/11/02/chelsea-fans-react-on-twitter-to-lampard-performance-v-newcastle/

Well that's the million dollar question, isn't it? Why is Jose persisting with Frank even though the vast majority of people can see how bad he has been? Is Jose playing him because of his past glories? Or can he see something that we all can't? This is completely beyond me, but I hope we fix it soon because it's costing us games.

Majority of people, where here ? :getin:

Frank has not cost the team any games, as you may think. No matter what any of you experts post here, frank has helped the team, so far. I do admit, he has not been at his best in all games, though. The team´s squad is too large, as Jose admitted.

" I can not please all players, he says. " Do something with it, then. BA, Mikel, Essien, KDB, Bertrand are sitting around.

Just one thing, I´d like to add here. Do you remember Frank & his free kicks of last year ? These days, shitty Luiz hugs them all. Where do most of them end up ? I know, up in the nowhere sections.

Lampard's touch and passing are gone as well, an oil tanker turns quicker than him now, as for his shooting, refer to his free kicks of late, just out and out poor.

A little article for those whose heads are cemented deep into the sand.

Chelsea fans react on Twitter to Lampard performance v Newcastle http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/11/02/chelsea-fans-react-on-twitter-to-lampard-performance-v-newcastle/

And what do these so called fans have to say about? - Luiz,Oscar,Mata who were our worst performers and created nothing in a game they did not fancy up north .

Put Lampard in the ten role and we score and create something in that game a shot would have been nice , Oscar and Mata did nothing all day did not create one chance or look like running past Torres. On a day like that in those conditions players will misplace passes it is all about who is the hardest and wants it most,that is why John Terry played so well ,he is hard and he wants the fight ,too many of our tippy tappy players did not ,it was like watchng Arsenal. Lampard was in fact better than Ramires on the day.

Well Jose is the one who keeps picking him all the time. Yet other players seem to be the ones who get dropped at random (e.g Schurrle), its seems weird that Lampard never gets the same treatment.

Because we have shit loads of options in attacking midfield, we don't have the same luxury in the pivot.