Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Make no mistake Lamps is going nowhere and will be with us next season and rightly so ,great from Jose yesterday when he said Frank will be good for at LEAST another two seasons ,however I do agree that we need another quality midfielder in our squad ,another point was Jose does not talk about holding midfield players but his two midfield players,these two need to be box to box and have very good stamina and work together pressing and recovering their positions,we do not have a sitting holder in our team anymore,the role is redundant.

I don't think that role is redundant, see how strong Brazil looked defensively in the Confeds Cup with Luiz Gustavo sitting there and at times playing like a third centre half. That means you can interchange a formation during a match, as in, going three at the back and utilising the full backs as attacking wing backs, and when you have the lead, you revert back to four at the back in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Bayern used something similar last season and Pep is optimising that now as well. Like you say, we need two capable box-to-box players who are sound both offensively and defensively, that's what we have been lacking, especially against the stronger sides.

I was referring to Chelsea not Brazil ,Jose spoke about his two midfielders not a holder and a runner or two holders ,he spoke about his two midfielders not sure what Brazil has to do with Chelsea's formation? I dont see us playing with a third centre half in the near future under Jose judging by his comments where he spoke about his two midfielders and how he saw Lampard as very much part of his short and long term plans .