Frank Lampard

DavidEU

This is madness, he plays too much for his age, he plays extremely well when he is fresh, and maybe somes here should question their selves why we won a huge amount of trophies when he is on the pitch & why we struggle when he is out of the pitch, he is made for a 4-3-3 formation unlike Giggs & Scholes, he had to accepte a big change in his role, Lamps is still one of the best, and he'll prove that if a smart manager comes in next season.

One or two good games? Whatever. You just don't see his quality. I think it was the early in the second half of the Arsenal game when Lampard was having a fantastic game, excellent on long balls, tackling well, etc...you posted "Lampard has been easily one of our worst players" and it's not the first time I've seen you do that either.(and not just with Lampard either. With any player you don't rate which is basically everyone except Ramires and Luiz who you will claim are having great games no matter what.). ...off the top of my head, Lampard had great games against Villa, Stoke, Leeds, Everton, Norwich, and Nordsjalland and has been good in a few more, poor in a few more, and bad in a few more.

Against Arsenal Lampard scored a penalty, and besides that NOTHING to take note. I really dont know what you are talking about, since I mentioned Ramires in my posts few times this season, so dont come with the bullshit about brazilians loving brazilians.

Few people were talking Lampard in the beginning of the season, but as soon as things started to get bad, people just wanted to find more reasons to complain, so now the next thing is: Lampard is still a great player and can help any team big in the world.

For me Lampard is a fading 35 years old player, and I dont see any reason to "sign him up" and get a fading 36 years old player for 13/14 season and then a fading 37 years old player for 14/15 season.

Against Arsenal Lampard scored a penalty, and besides that NOTHING to take note. I really dont know what you are talking about, since I mentioned Ramires in my posts few times this season, so dont come with the bullshit about brazilians loving brazilians.

Few people were talking Lampard in the beginning of the season, but as soon as things started to get bad, people just wanted to find more reasons to complain, so now the next thing is: Lampard is still a great player and can help any team big in the world.

For me Lampard is a fading 35 years old player, and I dont see any reason to "sign him up" and get a fading 36 years old player for 13/14 season and then a fading 37 years old player for 14/15 season.

So Milan were idiots to play Costacurta & Maldini for so long ? Are Liverpool fools to still give another contract to Stevie G and are still playing Jamie C ? Giggs & Scholes are shit, still they will remain at United next season.Zanetti is 39, still at Inter.Theses players are the soul of the team, the leaders in & out the pitch, Lamps is still giving 100% in a very rigid 4-2-3-1, defensively he improved, but he clearly plays in a position that really dont suit his style of play, but he is still delivering, one of the rare players who is trying to find solutions upfront, he scores goals, he presses, good passing, long balls he still got it, he deserves one more year.

So Milan were idiots to play Costacurta & Maldini for so long ? Are Liverpool fools to still give another contract to Stevie G and are still playing Jamie C ? Giggs & Scholes are shit, still they will remain at United next season.Zanetti is 39, still at Inter.Theses players are the soul of the team, the leaders in & out the pitch, Lamps is still giving 100% in a very rigid 4-2-3-1, defensively he improved, but he clearly plays in a position that really dont suit his style of play, but he is still delivering, one of the rare players who is trying to find solutions upfront, he scores goals, he presses, good passing, long balls he still got it, he deserves one more year.

You make a few points but you do admit that the current style doesn't suit him, which isn't the case with the other players you mentioned except Giggs maybe. You have to wonder where he fits in the team in that case.

Also, I don't know if calling him the 'soul of the team' is a good point when we've just given a soulless performance in the greatest cup competition on Earth against a local rival we rarely get a chance to play. I'd also contend that Mata has increasingly become the heart of our team.

It would be foolish to judge Ramires or Lampard based on their recent games. They've been playing full-90 min games, nearly every 3 days, in the past few weeks due to the lack of rotation in CM. They've both been below par, Lampard more than Ramires..Its nothing unexpected.

You make a few points but you do admit that the current style doesn't suit him, which isn't the case with the other players you mentioned except Giggs maybe. You have to wonder where he fits in the team in that case.

Also, I don't know if calling him the 'soul of the team' is a good point when we've just given a soulless performance in the greatest cup competition on Earth against a local rival we rarely get a chance to play. I'd also contend that Mata has increasingly become the heart of our team.

Absolutely, is the fault of Lamps because Chelsea's board are idiots ? Its not Lamps fault if Rafa is idiot, Rafael Benitez never though since he came, that maybe he'll have to change his formation & tactics so the players can have more positive possession, and to play them in a more comfortable style of play, because i still cant understand why he is still using a 4-2-3-1 formation when you know that you'll finish your season with Ramires & Lamps in the double pivot, a switch to a 4-4-1-1/4-3-3 formation will benefits the team and Lampard, Obi Wan Mikelobi played as the only defensive midfielder under Carlo and he did brilliantly, Lamps is better in a 433, Oscar also will find his place, i know that its not FIFA13, but we saw many managers changing formation because of circumstances...the best exemple is Robbie when he came.

Also, Lampard will surely not continue with the Blues, he is shown the door and that hurts, and that surely is affecting him personally, he'll leave his beloved club, so maybe sometimes he may lose the passion & desire in some matches, but in others (Leeds/Everton/Arsenal 1st H...) he is brilliant, so for me, he is still performing very well in a team that play AWFUL football, how we call our style ? KickNRush ?

Now you may cant see the difference beetween soul of the team & leader on the pitch: Mata is our best player on the pitch, when he play well, the team play well, but he'll not motivate his teammate, he will give 100% but he is not the leader, Lamps is different kind of persons on the pitch, talks a lot with players, before the kick off, after the end of the match, he is our best players of all time, just like JT, he is the hero of the Bridge, the man that enjoyed the most successful period of the club and contributed hugely, he has the respect of everybody.When you talk about CFC with other persons, they'll surely tell you that its a shame that Lamps goes & they are right, they'll not talk about Mata's performance or Benitez idioty, the main subject is Lamps, simply because if he leaves the Chelsea will lose a bit of soul.

I seen someone post somewhere about resigning Lampard on a lower salary, I personally don't think he'll take a wage cut. Especially when hes nearing the end of his career, surely he'd goto LA Galaxy and take up that $250k p/w or whatever it was Beckham was on AND play every game rather than half what hes on and play 20 games a season next year. Lampard wants to keep playing regularly so letting go of him to use younger/better players wouldn't be that bad a thing. Sure I'd keep him if he'd accept a 100k wage cut and maybe get 25 games maximum a season but will he really accept that. Remember AVB tried, bad man management or not Lampard didn't like it.

Anyway in my opinion, you build your team around your best players, Lampard is no longer in my eyes one of our best players so if we want to replace him in the summer to use a better suited player for the 4-2-3-1 formation we've been using, then do it. He can't play as a defensive midfielder because he leaves too much space for the opposition midfield and casually works back half the time. He can't play as an attacking midfielder because hes not that sort of player.

Absolutely, is the fault of Lamps because Chelsea's board are idiots ? Its not Lamps fault if Rafa is idiot, Rafael Benitez never though since he came, that maybe he'll have to change his formation & tactics so the players can have more positive possession, and to play them in a more comfortable style of play, because i still cant understand why he is still using a 4-2-3-1 formation when you know that you'll finish your season with Ramires & Lamps in the double pivot, a switch to a 4-4-1-1/4-3-3 formation will benefits the team and Lampard, Obi Wan Mikelobi played as the only defensive midfielder under Carlo and he did brilliantly, Lamps is better in a 433, Oscar also will find his place, i know that its not FIFA13, but we saw many managers changing formation because of circumstances...the best exemple is Robbie when he came.

Also, Lampard will surely not continue with the Blues, he is shown the door and that hurts, and that surely is affecting him personally, he'll leave his beloved club, so maybe sometimes he may lose the passion & desire in some matches, but in others (Leeds/Everton/Arsenal 1st H...) he is brilliant, so for me, he is still performing very well in a team that play AWFUL football, how we call our style ? KickNRush ?

Now you may cant see the difference beetween soul of the team & leader on the pitch: Mata is our best player on the pitch, when he play well, the team play well, but he'll not motivate his teammate, he will give 100% but he is not the leader, Lamps is different kind of persons on the pitch, talks a lot with players, before the kick off, after the end of the match, he is our best players of all time, just like JT, he is the hero of the Bridge, the man that enjoyed the most successful period of the club and contributed hugely, he has the respect of everybody.When you talk about CFC with other persons, they'll surely tell you that its a shame that Lamps goes & they are right, they'll not talk about Mata's performance or Benitez idioty, the main subject is Lamps, simply because if he leaves the Chelsea will lose a bit of soul.

I think it is more up to lampard to adapt his game, he is no longer our key players. Our team and our midfield for years was built around lampard. We played inverted triangle midfield to let lampard bomb forward. Now our team is built around mata and hazard, it's up to lampard to adapt his game to pivot role

What you mean the first goal he scored from a corner ever lol.

What do you think I mean? The question is pretty straightforward ain't it. I don't recall Lamps ever scoring from a corner kick before, especially with head.

What do you think I mean? The question is pretty straightforward ain't it. I don't recall Lamps ever scoring from a corner kick before, especially with head.

I know what you mean, i was saying in his 190 whatever it is now goals he had scored plenty from corners... Didn't see the with the head part (Don't know if you added it or if i missed it... If i missed it my apologies). But i would still think he would have done not that i can remember one of the top of my head but it is a lot of goals.

I know what you mean, i was saying in his 190 whatever it is now goals he had scored plenty from corners... Didn't see the with the head part (Don't know if you added it or if i missed it... If i missed it my apologies). But i would still think he would have done not that i can remember one of the top of my head but it is a lot of goals.

Yeah but he mostly took all the corners and when he didn't, I don't remember him scoring straight from them. Sure he has scored some second or third balls and scraps, but I mean a straight goal from corner. I'm pretty sure it was his first at least with head.

Yeah but he mostly took all the corners and when he didn't, I don't remember him scoring straight from them. Sure he has scored some second or third balls and scraps, but I mean a straight goal from corner. I'm pretty sure it was his first at least with head.

Ok fair enough, my bad.