Frank Lampard

DavidEU

So you can name me some games/ half of games where he went missing.

Even mata, one of/our best player this season has had games where he has been awful, along with every other player we have. I don't get why lampard isn't allowed to have bad games. Name me someone today who played well throughout. Even Oscar whose goal was magical had done very little up until that point.

Mata isn't coming to the end of his contract though. Mata's best position still exists in our side. Mata is still a very young man, and if we wanted to sell him then we could probably get around £30 million for him.

None of that applies to Lamps.

These players are allowed bad games because they're broadly expected to be part of our team for a few years. Mata has become the heart and soul of this team, which is why comparing him to Lamps is not only misguided, but should be something of an eye-opener.

It seems that lampard is the new fall guy, we have had kalou, and mikel and people have just given up completely with torres. So now if the team don't win it is lampards fault, and if the team wins, lampard had nothing to do with it. If he scores, he went missing for most of the game, or it was only a penalty and everyone scores them etc.

I.e. today. He didn't play well, 4th game in something like 11 days. But neither did Cahill, JT, Bertrand, Marin, Ramires, Turnbull etc. First half everyone was bad...

Its not because I want him to be the fall guy. I'm just sick of the fact that everyone else who gives a bad performance (especially for 2-3 games) gets called out on it. Yet many here, even after giving several shite performances over the season, just keep sound "YAY SUPER FRANK! Break that goal scoring record! Chelsea are idiots not giving you a contract!". It does my bloody head in.

So now he's being victimised? I think you'll find that any criticism of him is completely verboten and any defence of him doesn't mention his performances.

How about you actually address the points? Our problems in the last few games have stemmed from midfield, and I've been equally critical of Ramires for that. Neither of them is good enough, but the simple fact is that Lamps is going to be 35 in a few months, is out of contract and simply doesn't fill the position we're asking him to fill which makes your suggestion that he should be given a TWO year contract without question somewhat absurd.

I've loved the guy for years, but that guy wearing the number 8 shirt at the moment isn't that guy. It's sad to say that but this club will continue after he's gone and it's looking like we're going to have to move on.

They do not work together, that is something i have never argued against. I also don't think that giving him a contract means he will be starting every game. I just think he is still a very useful player for us. As i and many others have said before, if he wants to be playing every game for another 2 years and decides that he wants to leave then that is another matter, which is irrelevant to what we are discussing atm. 2 Year deal, great, 1 year rolling deal, i would still offer him something that is reasonable to both parties which he can accept or decline.

Mata isn't coming to the end of his contract though. Mata's best position still exists in our side. Mata is still a very young man, and if we wanted to sell him then we could probably get around £30 million for him.

None of that applies to Lamps.

These players are allowed bad games because they're broadly expected to be part of our team for a few years. Mata has become the heart and soul of this team, which is why comparing him to Lamps is not only misguided, but should be something of an eye-opener.

Obviously, i was just making the point that regards to him having bad games, i wouldn't want to sell him in the slightest as he is so valuable to us. Lampard isn't allow bad games because he is older and is running out of contract.... Everyone is allowed bad games.

Its not because I want him to be the fall guy. ;m just sick of the fact that everyone else who gives a bad performance (especially for 2-3 games gets called out on it. Yet many here, even after giving several shite performances over the season, just keep sound "YAY SUPER FRANK! Break that goal scoring record! Chelsea are idiots not giving you a contract!". It does my bloody head in.

I think we are idiots for not offering him a contract (that is reasonable to both sides). As i have said he can then accept that or not, but he still has a place in this team should he want to stay here... It won't be in the starting lineup all the time, but he still has a role imo.

Meh...same 4 or 5 posters who want Lampard gone jump on him every bad game he has "see, see!!!". If being ineffective for a couple of games were enough to not get a new contract, Chelsea would never re-sign anybody. (Never mind that this was Lampard's fifth start in 15 days which is ridiculous).

Meh...same 4 or 5 posters who want Lampard gone jump on him every bad game he has "see, see!!!". If being ineffective for a couple of games were enough to not get a new contract, Chelsea would never re-sign anybody. (Never mind that this was Lampard's fifth start in 15 days which is ridiculous).

And the posters who disagree with letting him leave paint those who do as people who want him gone because it's personal or some such bollocks?

I look at him, I look at what he does and I look at what he offers next season and I just don't see a place for him. The problem is that we don't seem to be able to have a rational, dispassionate discussion about signing him and what's best for Chelsea Football Club.

Ineffective for a couple of games? Lampard has been ineffective the whole season, one or two ames aside.

We cannot lose every back bone player of Chelsea all at once.

Id say sign Lampard for another year, but of course with less game time and a lower salary. I still think his leadership means alot more, and with Terry being more abscent with injuries, Drogba gone, Cole soon gone aswell probably we need Lampard out there. Im not saying he should be a regular, but at the very moment: who do we have?

And should we even buy someone in the summer and recall players, he should still stay for another year. However people need to stop expecting miracles from lampard every game and he should NOT play in the pivot.

Cech

Azpi - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Oscar - Lampard

Moses-------------------Hazard

Ba

Cech

Iva - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Mikel

Mata - Lampard - Hazard

Ba

etc...

We cannot lose every back bone player of Chelsea all at once.

Id say sign Lampard for another year, but of course with less game time and a lower salary. I still think his leadership means alot more, and with Terry being more abscent with injuries, Drogba gone, Cole soon gone aswell probably we need Lampard out there. Im not saying he should be a regular, but at the very moment: who do we have?

And should we even buy someone in the summer and recall players, he should still stay for another year. However people need to stop expecting miracles from lampard every game and he should NOT play in the pivot.

Cech

Azpi - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Oscar - Lampard

Moses-------------------Hazard

Ba

Cech

Iva - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Mikel

Mata - Lampard - Hazard

Ba

etc...

So he shouldn't be a regular, but when he does we should change the shape of the team to accomodate him?

In one of those two teams you've suggested, you've moved our most important player out to the wing from where he's been most effective and in the other you've dropped him completely. :blink:

This is going to be the biggest summer of rebuilding that we've had since Roman took over - I'd say it's the perfect time to turn the page. We let Drogba go last season, Lamps this summer and next summer I expect Terry will go. We'll still have Cole, Terry and Cech going into next season - that's a fairly gradual change isn't it?

It seems that lampard is the new fall guy, we have had kalou, and mikel and people have just given up completely with torres. So now if the team don't win it is lampards fault, and if the team wins, lampard had nothing to do with it. If he scores, he went missing for most of the game, or it was only a penalty and everyone scores them etc.

I.e. today. He didn't play well, 4th game in something like 11 days. But neither did Cahill, JT, Bertrand, Marin, Ramires, Turnbull etc. First half everyone was bad...

The thing is that Lampard wants to spend the last years of his career on the pitch, something that we cant give him here. He just doesnt cut it for us anymore, something that he has shown for quiet some time now. I actually would love the club to give him a contract extension with a huge pay cut and more of a rotational role in the squad, but if he doesnt want that then its time for him to go.

So he shouldn't be a regular, but when he does we should change the shape of the team to accomodate him?

In one of those two teams you've suggested, you've moved our most important player out to the wing from where he's been most effective and in the other you've dropped him completely. :blink:

This is going to be the biggest summer of rebuilding that we've had since Roman took over - I'd say it's the perfect time to turn the page. We let Drogba go last season, Lamps this summer and next summer I expect Terry will go. We'll still have Cole, Terry and Cech going into next season - that's a fairly gradual change isn't it?

What are you talking about? Who has suggested we should change the shape of the team? All im saying is that hes not supposed to play in the pivot.

And regarding the lineups I posted.

1. Mata doesnt play on the wing even if he's there in the lineup and you know it. He's a player that always drifts all over the pitch and usually plays very centrally even if deployed on the wing in the formation.

2. He wont play every single game, thats why I left him out in one of the formations.

Why nitpick at everything... ? xD

And I dont think that this summer is going to be as big as you are suggesting.

What are you talking about? Who has suggested we should change the shape of the team? All im saying is that hes not supposed to play in the pivot.

And regarding the lineups I posted.

1. Mata doesnt play on the wing even if he's there in the lineup and you know it. He's a player that always drifts all over the pitch and usually plays very centrally even if deployed on the wing in the formation.

2. He wont play every single game, thats why I left him out in one of the formations.

Why nitpick at everything... ? xD

And I dont think that this summer is going to be as big as you are suggesting.

You suggested it with your team suggestions. :doh:

1. Great, so he's not going to defend. That'll be fun for Ashley or Azpi.

It's not nitpicking to be honest. It's just honest criticism, and if this summer isn't a massive rebuilding period then we're going to be in trouble.