Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Frankie might be sloppy for 20 minutes but he is still my kind of player.

Since Frankie is up there close to 35 year-old we can not expect him to be running around for 90 minutes, I feel.

How about replacement subbed him ? The question, who is sitting on the bench to give him a bit of rest ?

Well, no matter how hard I looked lately, I still do not see anyone. Perhaps, Rafa brings Malouda on tonight ? :rolleyes:

Frank's leadership and experience is exactly what made us see the game out. You cannot blame the second half performance on Frank alone. The whole team was poor, not just Lampard.

This is exactly why people say you have it in for Lamps, I haven't seen you for example go on the Mata thread and complain about how he was sloppy etc. when the team needed him to keep it simple? It's unfair to just pick on Lamps.

I thought it was the defence, in particular Cahill, that saw the game out.

In my defence, I did criticise Ramires as well (despite his MOTM performance) and said that they were both responsible for the problems that came from midfield.

Hope everybody who wants him to sign a new contract was watching yesterday. Another year of Lampard is definitely not what this team needs.

I can't remember the last time I saw Frank so ineffective in two games - not just ineffective, but completely 'passed-by'. It's not his fault, I just don't think he's cut out for the double-pivot.

I hate to say it because he's been so important for us for so long, but he's almost becoming a liability in that position especially with Ramires alongside him. They're struggling to impose themselves against teams who offer a threat in that area. If we're playing with our backs to the walls then it could work but I don't think anyone wants to see us doing that for extended periods.

Let's not forget that he came back from an injury and played like in every couple of days. It's difficult to return fitness in his age... Last season we've seen how better his performances were when he got rotated and rested. At the moment, we simply don't have enough midfield options to do it :(

I want him for another year, and his performance yesterday hasn't been worse then Mata's, Oscar's or Ramires' for example ...

http://www.football-italia.net/29898/di-matteo-lampard-join-lazio

Ex-Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo has advised Frank Lampard to join Lazio. “It would certainly be a good choice for both parties. I’ve given him my opinion.”

He played for the Biancocelesti in his career and talked to Sky Sport Italia about the reports linking Lampard with the Olimpico club.

“Lampard is a great player and a great professional, so I am certain he can play at least another two years at the top level,” said Di Matteo.

“I don’t know if he will join Lazio or not, but it would certainly be a good choice for both parties. We often talk and I gave him my opinion. At the end of the day he will make the decision.”

Hope everybody who wants him to sign a new contract was watching yesterday. Another year of Lampard is definitely not what this team needs.

Hasn't changed my mind in the slightest... I would still instantly give him a 2 year deal. By that logic we should get rid of mata, Demba ba and Oscar and Ramires as they were all pretty ineffective. He is extremely useful to this team and has as many bad games as everyone else in the team. And after his 3rd game in a week. Sign him up!

Hasn't changed my mind in the slightest... I would still instantly give him a 2 year deal. By that logic we should get rid of mata, Demba ba and Oscar and Ramires as they were all pretty ineffective. He is extremely useful to this team and has as many bad games as everyone else in the team. And after his 3rd game in a week. Sign him up!

And now?

No change whatsoever. I would have no hesitation in giving him a contract.

But he offered absolutely nothing to the team today. He offered nothing against Swansea. He was anonymous in the second-half against Arsenal. He's a legend and one of my all-time favourite players, but I don't see the point in keeping him around like he's a mascot on Blockbusters.

We have one of those. He's called Stamford and I'm starting to think he might be a better midfield option at the moment.

But he offered absolutely nothing to the team today. He offered nothing against Swansea. He was anonymous in the second-half against Arsenal. He's a legend and one of my all-time favourite players, but I don't see the point in keeping him around like he's a mascot on Blockbusters.

We have one of those. He's called Stamford and I'm starting to think he might be a better midfield option at the moment.

So you can name me some games/ half of games where he went missing.

Even mata, one of/our best player this season has had games where he has been awful, along with every other player we have. I don't get why lampard isn't allowed to have bad games. Name me someone today who played well throughout. Even Oscar whose goal was magical had done very little up until that point.

It seems that lampard is the new fall guy, we have had kalou, and mikel and people have just given up completely with torres. So now if the team don't win it is lampards fault, and if the team wins, lampard had nothing to do with it. If he scores, he went missing for most of the game, or it was only a penalty and everyone scores them etc.

I.e. today. He didn't play well, 4th game in something like 11 days. But neither did Cahill, JT, Bertrand, Marin, Ramires, Turnbull etc. First half everyone was bad...

So now he's being victimised? I think you'll find that any criticism of him is completely verboten and any defence of him doesn't mention his performances.

How about you actually address the points? Our problems in the last few games have stemmed from midfield, and I've been equally critical of Ramires for that. Neither of them is good enough, but the simple fact is that Lamps is going to be 35 in a few months, is out of contract and simply doesn't fill the position we're asking him to fill which makes your suggestion that he should be given a TWO year contract without question somewhat absurd.

I've loved the guy for years, but that guy wearing the number 8 shirt at the moment isn't that guy. It's sad to say that but this club will continue after he's gone and it's looking like we're going to have to move on.